The Popcorn and Tatty and Their Eggs Thread: Also new Babie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Dakota Christy:
That is a terrible thing to have happen. Just because they got to 92 doesn’t mean they are ruined for certain. Just keep watching the eggs. P.S. is there anyway you could lock up the kids that run amok the next time they come over?

Tatty
:twisted:

Dakotachristy84

Hatchling Member
we are going to be keeping a tight lid on them the next party we have. i am going to lock the house up make people ask us to use the bathroom. i don't mind the kids handling the dragons or my other pets when i am there but his little girl loved my ferrets and always asked to see them and i kept telling her no. i had to much stuff going on to have the ferrets out running around. well the little girl came down and she said her older brother dropped one and he denied it to the fullest. A couple of days later the pour little guy died. i was so mad. my 2 year old listens better then them kids. i just hope the eggs are ok. i am going to let them go. my cousin in law is going to be coming up this week. he's the one who i got the dragons off of. he knows a little more about the eggs then i do. i am a first timer. use to raising chicken eggs not lizards. so he is going to see if they are ok. i know they are all fertile. i took pictures of when they were first laid and sometime in Jan and you can see they are growing in size.

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Rkdkp:

Do you have a male and female (pair) in each tank? Several things may be going on. First beardies need a lower temp at nighttime than during the day. They also need a shortened daytime period (hours) and about 10 degrees lower temperature through they day to simulate Australian winter. They need this for at least 4-6 weeks. I replace my basking bulb with half strength and then change the light hours gradually to 10 day and 14 night. I gradually reverse the trend to 14 day and 10 night to simulate Spring after 4-6 weeks. Sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder. Try separating you r beardies somehow for several weeks and see if the males get more amorous. I have had some of mine get so used to each other that they lose interest.
Tatty

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
DakotaChristy;

A friend of mine hosted a new years party several years ago. There was alcohol of course! He lost a loveable male beardie because someone force fed it beer. Another one of his guests killed them female by force feeding it a leopard gecko. Both the female and leopard gecko died. Some adults can really be *****s.

Tatty

Dakotachristy84

Hatchling Member
i bet that was the last time he invited those people or hosted a party. it's a shame that some people don't have respect for other people's pets or belongings. i like having bearded dragons. we had snakes before and raising mice was a big pain in the butt. i also didn't like my kids around them to much. my daugher likes to touch things. Now that we have dragons i am starting to breed crickets and superworms for them cutting my feeding cost down a lot. My daughter loves our dragons. she is only 2 and one of our dragons name is bob and for the longest time every time she saw a dragon she called it bob. well now we have another dragon called eddie she is starting to understand that not all dragons are bob and she can play with them within a certain limit.

rkdkp

Thanks for the reply. Yes, they do have a lower night temp than day temp. I will start shortening their days and see if they think it might be winter and then pop it into sprein for them... One of the tanks has a newly put together male and female. They have been around each other before, but have been separated for about a month. He bobs, she dances, but they don't ever seem to get the job done...

Yesterday and today, we tried putting out a few females on the floor with 1 male and he just walked away... We have a pair of hypos that we just rescued and would LOVE to breed them. They are so very pretty.

If anyone has any other suggesstions, I would love to hear them!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hi there,
Sorry to barge in but I wanted to offer a little advice in regards to breeding your rescues.
Are your rescues adults? or are they juvies that you are hoping to breed in the future?

Holly

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Three eggs are dimpling. This could be the precursor of hatchlings. More info tonight. It is getting VERY close.

Tatty

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
I mean did you rescue them young or did you get them fully grown?

I ask because Dexter, my first rescue, was a very happy active adult.
She was so happy and healthy that she laid a clutch of infertile eggs.
Unfortunatly the strain on her body of producing and delivering eggs caused her liver to fail and she needed to be put to sleep.
We found out in the end that Dex's previous husbandry of starving and feasting (they were fed alot but then nothing etc) had caused her to develop a weak liver as she grew.
She appeared in perfect health and so we had no way of knowing.

If you rescue an adult you have no idea what possible defects they could have.
Breeding them puts them at risk.
Its something you should consider very carefully.

Holly

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
02-01-09_1618-1.jpg

02-01-09_1615.jpg

02-02-09_1717.jpg

02-02-09_1722.jpg
:blob5:
The excitement builds! We are at 62 days for the November 30, 2008 eggs! These were the ice storm eggs! Three of the eggs are dimpling! I have had hatching success in about 48 hours to 72 hours after dimpling begins. I bet we have some hatchlings this week!. About a day prior to hatching, the eggs will get sticky or “sweat”. I have taken four pictures. The first is Popcorn popping out some infertiles. She has laid three infertile clutches exactly one day after Tatty does her clutch. The second picture shows all of my beardie eggs! I am now the keeper of four fertile clutches! The third picture shows 8 infertile eggs in my hand. They are noticeably smaller and have no red spot. The last picture shows the shadow of a baby beardie in an egg! He is very active when you shine a light on him! Things should get active here this week!
Tatty
:blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Ooooo, we are excited here, Katherine is enjoying all the pictures! :blob8: :blob8: :blob5: :blob5:
Come on baby dragons!! :D :mrgreen:

Sandy and Katherine

Krisymof2

Hatchling Member
I started reading this thread last week and I've been checking it 2-3 times a day. So excited! Just wanted to let you know that it has been a huge resource of information as well. Thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom