Thanks to you guys, Kritz is finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Extreme Poster
When I had crickets, I just vaccuumed it out. It doesnt need to be sanatized or anything- you just want the dead cricket and crap out, so the remaining live crickets dont get sick from it.

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sounds good, maybe I could borrow my mom's vaccuum and use the hose attachment to do that. That would work out nicely.

I placed an order to Ghann's for 500 crickets yesterday, hoping to get them today. I'm a little nervous to see if they all survived, considering how they suspended their guarantees... :/

Also, I tried to give Kritz some Acorn Squash today, he ate about 2 pieces, then wouldn't accept anything less than a cricket. What a spoiled little guy he is! :roll:

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I got that cricket order from Ghann's. And guess what? About 98 percent of them were dead! I opened up the box and didn't even see one moving cricket in the bunch! It wasn't until I put them all in my 20gal that I saw about 3 or 4 of them moving around, a few others twitching on their backs.

I understand that Ghann's is going through bad weather that's hurting their crickets, but it's just ridiculous how little real service I got :x I mean seriously, there's $24 gone and Kritz is still hungry! :banghead:

I'm gonna give them a call today and see if anything can be done... though I doubt it.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
I used to get my crickets at premiumcrickets.com. Try them. 98% dead in my opinion is not acceptable. I would actually fight it if they dont remedy it as you paid for crickets :)

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks a lot for the website! I'll take a look at it. :D

Yeah, I'm going to try to get my money back, otherwise I doubt I'll ever use Ghann's ever again. Did I mention that the shipment came the day AFTER the next-day delivery date was made? :roll: Water under the bridge now, I guess...

As for my 500 dead crickets, I tried to at least get a little use out of them. I offered them to Kritz for dinner and he didn't seem to mind them. Is that alright, or should I just throw the rest out?

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
I buy from reptilefood.com and I did not have one dead cricket this morning when they were delivered. I ordered 2000 and I was pretty pleased with that. I use to get them ordered through this pet store called chicago reptile house but I would have like 1/3 of those dead by the time I got home. Yeah Ghanns should refund you or send you some more crickets. I don't think they want to lose your business.

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the other website option! I'll be comparing those and seeing which I like better.

How about those dead crickets I got though? Safe to eat, or do I need to throw them out?

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
i think dead ones occasionally are free but I would throw out the majority or put them all back in the box from Ghanns to prove they were dead--have you heard back from Ghanns yet/?

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I got a message from them asking for the name on the credit card I used and for the order number I was. I'm going to send them that info and then see what happens

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nothing back from Ghann's yet after I sent them the information they asked for. Then again it is the weekend, so it may be some time. I just want them to repay me so I can be done with this situation :?

Also, I have to confess something. We've got an aunt visiting and I had to help entertain her last night, and before I knew it, it was past 10:30 and I hadn't fed Kritz his dinner! I usually turn his lights off at midnight when I go to bed, so that would'nt have givin him enough time of light after a dinner. So, I played it safe and didn't give him any :( I felt bad to do it, but better safe than sorry, right?

On the plus side, he ate until he couldn't even look at any more crickets this morning, so that made me feel a bit better :)

Question though: How much would you say would be OVERFEEDING a beardie? I usually stop feeding him if 10 minutes has gone by in his eating (heard that tip a few times). What do you think?

Jess

Extreme Poster
At least you fed him in the morning, instead of feeding him late and having him throw up :? Ive done that before, andI felt really bad!
I forgot to feed Dudley once when I was babysitting, so I got him a treat of crickets the next day along with his supers :D He didnt seem to mind, LOL!

And you cant really overfeed them. Unlike mammals, reptiles will only eat if they feel hungry... So if he is full, he just wont eat any more.

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aww, so that's what happens if they don't get enough light after their dinner? That's rough :(

I would take your advice on giving Kritz an apology treat the next day... if he'd eat anything other than crickets!! haha :roll:

Good to know I can't overfeed him :) I should show you some newer pictures to see what Kritz looks like now. My family makes fun of him and calls him 'Fatzy' because of how round he's getting! :lol: I'm just expecting that's normal growth though, eh?

Jess

Extreme Poster
LOL, yeah thats a good thing!
Well, you CAN over feed adults, since they have a pretty slow metabolism and can really pack on the grams. But until theyre about 2 years old, you dont really have to worry about it. Especially for a little growing one... He needs all the calories he can get right now!

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haha! Needs the calories for that insane growth rate, huh? Everytime my family sees him they say 'I swear he's bigger than a few days ago!' :lol:

Kritz seems to also need the calories for his running, the little bugger almost got away from me when he made a break for it this morning. He jumped right out of his feeding bin and made a mad dash :shock: I caught him though, thankfully.

Today I'm playing with an electric timer that I got for my birthday. I'm seeing if it'll be suitable to take control of Kritz's lights. It has an emergency rechargable battery just in case a power outage happens, so it sounds pretty good to me! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom