Thanks to you guys, Kritz is finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
yay! glad you got the crickets in good condition :) and yeah, the 1/4" are tiny. the problem i had with the next size up (3/8") though is that they quickly grew too big for falkor and i had to get rid of a lot of them. kritz definitely looks like a happy little guy :-D

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh, well that's really good to know about the sizes, thanks a lot! :D You probably just saved me 25 dollars worth of crickets! Thanks!

Kritz seems to be enjoying his life here. He's pretty lazy though, he NEVER seems to not be basking. And yet, when I let him out, he might try to run a marathon! :roll: I sure enjoy having him around though :)

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
haha, no problem.

falkor's the same way - he's either laying on his branch or on his hammock when he's in his viv. but as soon as i take him out, he's all over the place.

Jess

Extreme Poster
LOL, same with Dudley! He does absolutely nothing all day, but as soon as he is let down on the floor, hes like "OMG... Must get over to the farthest corner under the bed ASAP, so mommy cant put me back in my viv!"

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haha! It's like they KNOW we can't reach them if they get under something! They're pretty sneaky about that huh? :lol:

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, today I had my first day of Senior year at school, and because of that, I had to change around Kritz's schedule. Right now, I have his lights turning on at 4am, so that I can feed him at 6 when I wake up. When I get home I'll be feeding him around 6-6:30pm so that I can get his lights off by 9. Does this sound alright, or do I need to change something else? I wonder if he's getting too much light, but didn't I recall seeing that they need 12-16 hours?

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
17 hours of light is definitely too much - or moreso, 7 hours of sleep isn't nearly enough. 14 hours really should be the max light time. if you have to feed him at 06:00, there shouldn't be a problem having his lights come on at 05:00 - he really won't need 2 hours to warm up prior to eating. but even then, lights out should be by 19:00 - which means he would need to be fed dinner by 17:00 at the latest.

Jess

Extreme Poster
They only need to warm up 1 hour before their morning meal. :) SOOO... I would switch his schedule to 5:00 AM - 7:00 PM. 16 hours is a little long for lights on... You dont really want to do more than 14 hours, otherwise your beardie will get pretty tired. They need at least 10 hours of sleep.
During the winter, most people leave their lights on 10-12 hours a day since they tend to slow down in the winter. By then he will be older and wont need as many feeding, so something like 7:00 AM - 7:00PM. should work :)

When my Junior year starts (Sept 7th... Eww...) Ill be switching Dudleys schedule from 8:30 AM - 10:30 PM to 7:30 AM - 9:30 PM. I just have to throw in some veggies for him, so he can just eat it when he wakes up LOL. I think his previous owner had him on a really early schedule, because he is always awake before 7:00 AM no matter what time his lights come on! :lol:

Oops, Nair beat me to posting LOL

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was afriad I was giving him too much light/not enough sleep :( It was only for two days, though, so hopefully no harm done

Right now it's past 5 when I'm posting this... so I guess that in essence means I can't feed him dinner tonight :( I don't want the poor little guy getting sick. I'll make it up to him tomorrow by giving him some carrot tops to leave in his cage all day.

Anyway, thanks for all the input, I'll start Kritz on a 5:00am to 7:00pm schedule right away! Thanks for being so specific! :D

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Been a while since I updated this. Not too much has gone on though. Kritz is fine, he's been eating collard greens and carrot tops now and again, I even gave him some pieces of apple and he seemed to like those! :D

I placed an order for 1000 crickets from reptilefood. I'm looking forward to seeing if I like that number or not.

Also, I wanted to reiterate a problem I once had. I asked you if beardies slept well, and you said they sleep like logs. Well, I was playing xbox in the same room he was in last night, he stirred a bit, but then seemed like he was asleep. Do you think I ought to move him to a room where I won't want to be late at night? Or do you think he's ok where he is? If I had to I could move the xbox anyway (though I'd really rather not). So what do you think?

Jess

Extreme Poster
Did he actually wake up? Sometimes they will have little dreams and twitch in their sleep.
Im always up and have lights on in my room way past Dudleys bedtime, and he doesnt notice. I dont really think your disturbing Kritz too much, but you could drape a blanket or towel over his viv while your playing Xbox, so he couldnt see lights flashing or anything.

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ah, good idea, thanks! As for him actually getting up, I'm not sure, I just heard him scritching a bit against his shelf liner.

Having another cricket dilema (seems to happen to me a lot :/ ) My 1000 order hasn't come in yet, Petco didn't have any, and all I have to feed Kritz is veggies. Can I put his reptivite-powder on veggies and have him eat them? Or would that not work. I'm hoping to feed him in an hour and a half from now, so respond quickly if you can please!

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Great! Glad to hear that. (considering that's what I did ^_^; ) He didn't eat a whole lot though :/

And my darn cricket's STILL didn't get here. I ordered them before the time they said they could do same-day delivery. Considering that this is the day AFTER that and they're still not here is giving me some second opinions about this reptilefood place. I LOVED that they were all alive when they arrived the first time, but now I'm afraid that they'll get here tomorrow while I'm at school, and no one's gonna be here, so they'll just leave the crickets on the porch while the sun kills them all.

I don't want to come off as super angry, I'm just disappointed, you understand :| I currently have NO crickets to feed Kritz, have been feeding him nothing but veggies for his last 3 meals because I can't get any crickets anywhere else. I hope things will work out :|

Jess

Extreme Poster
That sucks. :| The one time I ordered live food online, the company ripped me off and didnt even send my bugs! Just took my money... Thankfully I got it back though. So I understand the frustration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom