Thanks to you guys, Kritz is finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Sounds handy! I finally got around to putting Dudleys lights on a timer about a month ago, and its SO much nicer not to remember to have to turn them on/off. Dudley is an early riser, so his lights turn on now before Im even awake LOL.

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
I have a timer for mine but it only controls 4 plugs...so I am thinking of getting a timer to plug the power bar timer into. I feed my babies sometimes when I have an hour and a half and they do just fine. I have had bearded dragons throw up but for improper lighting. Sounds like Kritz is coming along fine =D

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I'm doing my best that I can with him! :D

The automatic switch seems to work, so I may try to install it today. I'm like you Jess, I usually sleep past the time I should turn Kritz's lights on, so it'll be really helpful!

Wanna hear a cute story? Yesterday I was playing with Kritz and he crawled onto my pants. The pants I had had some green coloring in some spots, and he nipped at them! So today I got some collard greens and put them in his bowl. He jumped right off of his basking log and ran straight for them! He devoured 3 pieces before I could even realize it!

Lucky for me that he likes the collard greens, I ran out of crickets yesterday. I'll be picking up more today. Do you think it'd be okay to just give him the greens for the morning, and then give him dusted crickets for his dinner? (where I usually dust them in the morning)

I also need to check out the websites you sent me to order crickets from... Hopefully they'll do better than Ghann's (which I still haven't heard back from :angry5: )

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
like rukia, i now order from reptilefood.com. they have treated me well so far - minimal dead crickets, and they're slightly cheaper than ghann's. definitely check them out :)

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
LIKE NO DEAD crickets and I still have yet to see a cricket die...in the tub....I have seen them get devoured by my cat Louie! Hillarious! :lol: Thats good that he likes the collards. Have you tried mustards? The feeding him greens should be alright he will survive. I do that for Pip and Zippy when I run out. They are not too happy with me but they still eat all there greens. I also try to feed them the greens first in the day so they have them all say long and can munch on them. I feed them the greens and then the serving of crickets that way they don't eat so many and still get their full servings. My babies are really good about there greens though. I'd contact Ghanns crickets again.

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well today I got a message apologizing for the late arrival, stating that my order placed on monday should have been here tuesday (duh!). Too bad that wasn't the case :angry5: They also said NOTHING about how every last cricket was dead when it did finally arrive. That tears it, I'm never giving them my business again, they'd better enjoy that 24 dollars, because that's the last memory they'll have of me!

Sorry for the anger, but it's just frustrating. I'm sure you all can understand. :banghead:

I'm going to reptilefood.com to place an overnight order. I hope they treat me better :/

On a more positive note, Kritz took a bunch of collard greens from my fingers today, he seems to really like them :D I'll have to try the mustard greens, too!

I also got that switch installed, so I'll see if it turns his lights off when it should...

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
well, i might be retracting my endorsement of reptilefood.com. depends on how they respond to my last email. my crickets were supposed to be here today, but they had a "shipping delay" which has caused me to go to petco to spend $15 on enough crickets to last until tomorrow. so far, they have been unwilling to reimburse me for the inconvenience and extra money i have to spend as a result of their issue. i've been nice to them so far, and tried to reason with them, but we'll see what happens...

Jess

Extreme Poster
Im so glad I just get Dudley superworms! :shock: Crickets are such a pain!

I know LLLReptile has alot of live food... Ive never ordered bugs from them, but I have ordered non-living things and I was happy with them. If those other sites dont work out, maybe you could try them?

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Agh, ordering crickets online just seems to be a pain for all of us huh? :roll:

I checked reptilefood.com and I noticed, they didn't have any size choices. Will they be alright to feed little Kritz? I don't want to go and order a bunch from them and have them all be too big for him to eat...

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh, all right, thanks! I'll just go with 1/4 size. When I ordered from Ghann's, that's the size I went with, and the crickets looked the right size.

I'll put that order on reptilefood.com today, I hope it arrives tomorrow.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
hopefully it should. it sounds like they got things straightened out. i received my order of 2,000 1/4" today and they looked great - maybe a bit on the smaller side, but still good. after a couple of emails back and forth, they gave me a partial discount on the shipping to make up for the delay. i'm happy :)

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow! Sounds great! :D Hopefully I'll get the same quality of service. That shipment should arrive today.

Xanthur34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, the crickets didn't arrive yesterday. However, they got here early this morning, and here's the kicker... THEY WERE ALL ALIVE! :D

Granted, I probably should have ordered the next size up, 1/4 in crickets are pretty small. Oh well, I can always try again now that I know reptilefood.com is actually reliable!

Wanna hear something funny? When I checked on Kritz earlier this morning, he had climbed off of a little cave in his cage, jumped onto the piece of cardboard I used to separate the tank, and was balancing on it on his hind legs with his front legs on the UV light! I had never seen him do that before! I moved that cave so hopefully he can't do that again, but wow! What an adventurous little guy! :roll:

Also, guess what? Pictures!
024.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

012-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

008-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

Woo! Picture overload! I wanted to ask though, see his claws? When do I need to think about cutting them? I bought some clippers that got a good review here, so when should I use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom