Tengu's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

So, now my BD is 16 months old and she is at 42cm long and 355g. We believe she is fully grown and would like some advice on feeding.

Currently she gets fresh salad every day and 20 L size crickets once a day. Should we now start decreasing the amount of crickets? She LOVES them of course and salad is like a "Do I have to eat it?"

So any advice at the age she is at etc?

Thank you in advance

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, please let me know what the vet says.

We've had 2 hot days, rest have been like our fall, strange weather.

Yes, Imp is definitely living up to his name. I had Cierra out in the living room and put Imp down to her face so they could lick each other like they do, when Imp jumped out of my hands and tried to mate with her :lol: So here is this little dragon, who's 1/2 her weight, trying to grab the ruff of her neck and she's looking at me like "what the heck Mom, what is he trying to do" I grabbed him and laughed myself silly...he is such a BOY :mrgreen:

I let Nathaniel stay out today for the first and time in a week and he still managed to get himself underneath the stereo cabinet, at least now I know what he's doing, so I plugged up that part and we'll see what he does on Friday when I let him out for the day again. Tomorrow is Castiel's time.

I'm hoping for good weather this weekend as it's Mother's Day here on Sunday and we went to go to the beach again like we did last year, have a picnic, play some games. None of the nieces or nephews can make it, so it will be my parents and my sibs, which will be alot of fun, we can be kids for a day :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Otherwise not alot new, just slogging through each work day and then home to play with the babies in the am. Oh, Rocco is back to normal but has given up bugs for good. So I got a new Repashy called Bug's 'n Fruit and he eats alot of it every night, so he's not losing weight anymore and looks like he did before. His heating pad is back on the back of the tank and he's back using his pads to be up there as he always was. Made my heart glad to see him up there again. :D

Cierra made me laugh on Monday, when I put her out for her morning time out, I noticed she was stalking the cricket keeper :lol: She'd never done that before, so I dumped a bunch into the large keeper I feed Imp out of and she cleaned out about 50 crickets. Seeing as I've run out of dubia now Imps size, I have to keep the rest of the crickets for him, plus the small super worms, which he's finally eating. He found a dubia in his tank and boy did he run for it. So maybe end of the week, when I'm going to pick up more crickets, I'll see if Cierra would like a few more. They all make me laugh so much, they do so many fun things!

Tell Princess that I'm glad she's enjoying her sunshine time out and that I don't blame her for trying to get down your back to get outside again. Alot of my friends have bought these little playpens made for dogs to give their dragons outside time on, you might want to try it, if there is such a thing where you live. Some have gotten small swimming pools, too, so they get water and sun at the same time. But I'm sure she likes your shoulder best!

Oh and one other update about Imp. He figured out how to climb out of the back of his time, using his hide, and landed on the top of the sofa. Luckily I found him right away. So I dug out the only tank top I still have and put 1/2 of it across the back of his tank, so he can't get out anymore. The first time I put it up here, he sat on the back floor and stared at it like it was this alien thing that appeared out of nowhere (well that's sort of what happened) but now it's just part of his tank and he's gotten used to it. This way, the light I use is still not blocked by the tank top in the front and he gets full UVB, but still can run around the rest of the tank, just can't get out (thank goodness, Castiel was on the living room floor that day, Imp would have been LUNCH :shock:

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I will for sure. I hope they are all cleared out!

Imp, what a BOY, that's hilarious!!!! :lol: :lol:

stalking the cricket keeper, LMAO :lol: that is really funny!! They are amazing repltiles! Tengu sees the roach luxury apartment coming as it has a blue net on top and she shifts her body, I am sure you know that on and then eyes it! I now give her adult size to start and then m size and finish with small ones. I notice she likes small ones because she is so lazy!!! But if I start with an adult she is hungry so down it goes! Right now she is out under her light watching me. Elbow shed is coming off well which is good and maybe bath time later for her :) I am sure she will huff and puff :D

I did have a cage type thing for outside and she climed to the top and nearly escaped!! So shoulder is best! She does not like being kept in cages etc, I'm wiiillllllddddddd!! :lol: :lol:

Imp is so funny!!! Would Castiel eat him? wow!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh I know he would, so would Gabriel and Nathaniel, so when Imp is out, the big boys are in their tanks. He always makes me laugh, he spends all his time waving at the 3 big ones but tries to make with Cierra, who is more than 1/2 again his weight! Too funny that was.

Yes, Tengu is a wild girl, so glad you're getting her outside in the sunshine!

Nothing else new here and I'm exhausted tonight, so I'll talk to you tomorrow, k?

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wow I had no idea they would eat each other! :shock: :shock:

Princess likes to think she is wild but in reality she is a queen! She had her dubia earlier and a bth is coming as soon as it has been two hours and I believe I will get a sample for the vet tomorrow. I do hope the eggs are gone now.

Okay, talk soon

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Good news :) the eggs are gone :) she had one more meds there and then and now finished :)

She went outside with me for some hot sun and I put her back in tank and she went straight to sleep! Either pissed or tired from "all the excitement" LOL

But really happy to know she is eggless now :) good girl :) giving me the stink eye which is hilarious really!!!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yes :D he said sometimes the eggs wont show up in a sample so to be safe he gave another dose. She is fully back to her old self now :D

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hi there

Hows things and the crew?

Tengu has been loving this weather! Up late now eating veg and lots of dubia. Frequent business and enjoying her baths. Steady 597g and looks golden :D Today she gave me a shock! We went out and she loved it as it was hot and bright sun! After that we came inside and she was running around and suddenly she tried to jump on to the window ledge to watch whats going on outside! First time she has ever done this so I wiped it down and let her walk around there and watch the world go by. It was very cute and I think that will be her new thing to do :lol:

Now she is basking and purring :)

I went to Ginza yesterday to see Canon Gallery and talk with the main guy there. It was really interesting and awesome. I was also very lucky to meet Japans number 1 animal and zoo photographer! I really enjoyed that!!

Hope all is good :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So she found a wonderful way to see outside and check out what's going on? Good for her! I love it when they find new places to see out.

I'm so glad you're getting sunny days so she can get real sun, I'll bet she just glows when she's outside. I can't wait to get my balcony cleaned so I can have mine outside, not getting alot of sunny days yet, some sun, then cloudy. But I'm glad because I can't stand the heat. But I know they would love to be outside.

Nathaniel pulled his right arm on Friday night when I caught him under the stereo cabinet again, pulling him out, pulled his right arm out of joint. He was very good about not moving it & staying in his tank until today and he is almost fully healed. It was a sprain, not out of joint as I thought. So instead of fighting him over the stereo cabinet, I've removed the partitions and put them behind Castiel's credenda (the one his tank is on) so no-one can get behind there as if anyone did, I'd never find them. So with that area blocked, Nathaniel (and he's the only one who does this), can hide under the stereo cabinet to his hearts content and he is now easy to get out of there, too. So a point for me!

Otherwise they're all doing well, except me. I've developed something in my chest, doc said nothing more than a cold, but I've got a burning sensation, so off work until I see my doctor, clinic docs not always good. Coughing alot and lots of phlem so not sure if it's just allergies getting to me or what it is. Even with two antihistamines a day and 2x 2 shots of nasal spray, still coughing and runny nose, plus exhaustion. I have fibromyalgia & doc did say he thought it was attacking me again. It's an auto-immune disease that attacks muscles and makes them swell, causes an awful fatigue, too. So I slept in naps today, got up so tired, even after a good night sleep, so brought in one of the boys every time I woke up, so Gabriel, then Nathaniel, then Castiel not snuggles with sleeping mom. I have to get Imp out of his tank tomorrow, he was on the ramp on Tuesday (was off to see the chiro, I feel as if I'm falling apart) and really enjoyed it. Also got some comparison shots from when I first got him:

From January, he was about 3 mo old:
11887-3819966740.jpg
And from Tuesday
11887-2300228440.jpg

On his basking platform, in January:
11887-9955858313.jpg
And from last week
11887-3812672473.jpg

And a picture on the counter, on his towel:
11887-9603342032.jpg
He's shedding his head, tail and two legs, don't you love the white head? Doesn't seem to bother him, hope he sheds it off quickly, looks uncomfortable.

And he's now 257g and 16", can't wait to weigh him and measure him on Sunday!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yes she glows like an oven! :lol: shes back at the window now actually. I put the pillow there for her to climb and her eyes focused straight on it lol.

Nathaniel is determined to get under the stereo cabinet!! Point for you.... :lol: :lol: it is like that with them!

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles :cry: I can understand the muscle swelling, I have it in my shoulder and that alone is hell!

WOW look at Imp!! amazing difference!! So different and his white head and other body parts :lol: :lol: he looks pissed! hahahahahahhahahaha

Hope you get some answers and feel better soon!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm back to the clinic tomorrow requesting antibiotics as what the doc gave me on Wed is just to freeze my throat & isn't doing me any good. My throat is still sore and I can feel it getting worse. So not back to work yet. I'll let you know. As for the fatigue, it's still as bad as it was earlier in the week. I'm napping alot but not as much as Wednesday. Hard to do my beardie chores, even, I'm just as tired in the am as I am in the evening. Hope it gets better but I'll take the time I need, no use going to work just to go home again.

I'm sorry you get pain in your shoulder, has the gym been working and the physio?

And yes, seems underneath the stereo cabinet is Nathaniel's favourite place to hide. Castiel is so big he doesn't fit, he finds other places. I had Imp out on the ramp again today, he sure loves to watch cartoons. As long as I'm home, he'll get some outside time. Can't do it when I'm working, not enough time. They sure like having 2 hours out each instead of one!

I'm so glad that Tengu found the window ledge, now she can see outside as much as she wants and get outside time, too, on sunny days.

Mine don't have that luxery is seeing ouside, unless I hold them up on the balcony. I've done that before, so I can do it again, but there's nothing I can put them on so they can just watch. So tell Tengu I envy her that window ledge!

Other than being sick, everything is normal except I can't find collard greens anywhere! So I have a few that are going to have to last until the weekend, then got swiss chard instead and romaine lettuce to feed the worms and roaches. I'll get some baby bok choy for the dragons, they like that, but they're going to be upset that they're not getting their usual. Oh well. I know one store that get it local in the summer, that will have to do. The big store Walmart, their head office just dropped it with no notice. I`m going to have to find someone to talk to besides the manager of our local stores.

Will have more pictures of Imp soon, had to plug in the battery for my camera.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Going to reply to your previous mail tomorrow as I'm exhausted after today's art festival but I wanted to quickly tell you about princess!

SULKY LIZARD!!!!!

I got back and I had forgot to feed her veg and no dubia today as well. Well I got back and she gave me the biggest stink eye in the history of beardies, turned her back to me and went to her hiding place and slept instantly!!!!

Tomorrow I have am the festival again so I have to make sure to feed her and drop a few dubia in. Problem is they hide and she's a lazy girl so she won't see them.

Ahhhh what a Spoilt princess!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She is definitely in charge in your house, get back to me when you can, I'm off to the clinic again, my cold has turned into an infection...oh joy!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi there
Sorry for my late reply. Been hectic with Canon and art festival etc

How are you feeling now? So sorry to hear about cold turning into an infection!!! That's terrible!!! How is the thing on/in chest?

Well Princess is really not happy when I am not here I have noticed! The other day she wanted out all day, it was crazy!! Out for two hours, put her back and straight away climbing the walls like a prisoner trying to escape!! Out she came again and was running around then went in the sun with me and then on the window again and then back into her tank and AGAIN wanted out :banghead: NO WAY I do need a longer tank now. She is so big!! Not long until we buy a house so then she can have a long tank and more places to run around :D

How do you train them to except no??? I just shake my head at her. She looks at me like "what?" So maybe she knows :lol: :lol:

Hows the crew? Imp must be growing into a right big man!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The infection is being fought off with antibiotics but it's a long fight. Still very tired but not coughing nearly as much. Throat on and off sore but getting better. The fatigue is getting less, too, so will still be a few days before I got back. I'm making sure I'm completely over it before or it will come back, it's happened before. So, even though lacking in energy, still enjoying the dragons.

Cierra is digging in her dig box, she's full of eggs now.

Imp is 17" long 266g. His head shed is gone so his appetite is back and he's eating the big roaches now. He even ate a full adult before I could stop him, hard shell & all. He's on the ramp right now and I have Gabriel on my chest. I have to use the coconut oil on Nathaniel, Castiel and Gabriel for stubborn sheds, will oil them up tonight.

No, there is no way to get a dragon to listen to you, honest, they will do what they want if they can. You just have to be firm with Princess and just leave her in the tank, even though she still wants out. She would probably prefer not being in a tank at all! I have a friend who has a dragon named Smaug and he's free roam, no tank. But she lives in Southern California, so he gets sun through the front and back doors all the time. No lack of sun in Southern California!

Mine want to be out all the time, but I think they're used to me not being home so not getting alot of outside time. When I go back to work, probably Tuesday as it's a long weekend, Monday is holiday, they will be stuck in their tanks again. Imp doesn't seem to mind, he feels very safe in his tank. In fact, I took him with me when I went to the pet shop for crickets on Sunday and he was covered in stress marks (dark marks on the belly) and his beautiful colours that normally glow were dull brown. This was the whole time we were out, he definitely doesn't like being away from home :mrgreen:

Good luck with Princess. She's in a 40 gallon breeder, right? So the next tank would be a 75 gallon tank, that would give her lots of running around space, for sure.

Gotta go have lunch, but I'll talk to you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom