Tengu's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

So, now my BD is 16 months old and she is at 42cm long and 355g. We believe she is fully grown and would like some advice on feeding.

Currently she gets fresh salad every day and 20 L size crickets once a day. Should we now start decreasing the amount of crickets? She LOVES them of course and salad is like a "Do I have to eat it?"

So any advice at the age she is at etc?

Thank you in advance

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I am AN *****!!!!!!!

Get to vets and guess what I forgot to take...... Yep the sample! He couldn't do anything so all that work for nothing. So angry at myself :,(

Looking for different place but I doubt it. Beyond angry :,(

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Found a different place which is closer and no appointment needed so that's good news. Put princess back in tank and she's not happy!!! LOL

So 16:00 take her again which is around her sleeping time so it's a hard day for tengu chan.

I will never forget that I forgot to take her sample. I am a very organised person so forgetting something is like WTF are you doing! People can shrug it off like ah well go tomorrow etc but I can't do that :)

Anyway let you know what happens

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
so............

Got to new place and he called my lovely girl.... FAT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:

Poor baby!! She weighed 600g!!! LOL so diet time for her!

So he checked the sample and the pin worms had died but there was eggs so he gave her meds to kill them. We don't have to give her anything, go back in two weeks with another sample to check it worked.

Got back and completely cleaned everything in her tank, carpet and hammock! It is so clean it is scary! She went back in before hammock had dried and she was looking around as if to say "errrr wheres my carpet and hammock?"

Had to take a picture :)

81643-5425048633.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Some vets don't get that dragons need fat pads. As long as her belly isn't dragging on the ground when she's running around on outside time, she's not fat in my opinion. It's hard to get dragons to lose weight when they don't eat alot to begin with. Good luck with that! I did get Gabriel to go down 15g but that's because I forget to feed him 1/2 the time.

And that's good that the pinworms had died but good to get those eggs gone before they hatch. That's what Imp had, some eggs, so that's why he's on meds, but he's almost finished. He's also shedding his whole back and one arm (again) so he's growing again.

I also seem to have lost Gabriel. Can't find him since last night when I got home. I've been looking all last night and today but so far can't find him. Even had Cierra out twice to entice him out, but can't find him anywhere. Going to check under my dresser, even though my bedroom door is always closed, just in case. I'm starting to get worried, I've checked EVERYWHERE TWICE! I'll keep you posted.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OH NO!!!!!! Gabriel!!!!!!

I really, really hope you find him. Cierra to entice him out!

Oh goodness I can't help but worry :( they get in the craziest places!!!

Please let me know.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
No, it wasn't Gabriel, it was Nathaniel, jeez, no wonder my friends were confused. Nathaniel got under 3 partitions I have in front of the stereo and shoved himself underneath, I think there about 4" of space there :lol: So I finally thought to move the partitions and found a bit of his back sticking out. So he's underneath the ramp warning up and watching cartoons, but he'll be to bed soon. Brat :roll:

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Today I went to Yokohama zoo and got some epic shots so it was a great day but princess was alone all day and when I got back she was super alert and happy to see me. You know what I mean? They sort of love and look interested :) lol

She stayed awake until 19:00 which was great and then went to sleep kicking her legs out :) no dubia today just veg which she ate.

Fat LOL HAHAHAHA I will never forget that. Hmmm your beardie is fat and Tengu looked up at me as if to say "did you hear that, he called me fat" haahhahahhahahaha

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad you got good shots at the zoo, maybe you can share some, please?

Yes, I now the look, "so glad you're back, now take me out!"

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
LOL "now get me out"

To see my work please visit my website and you will also see a circle with 500 in it. That will take you to a seperate site with a lot of my work. Always putting new work on there.

www.shikiphotography.com

Oh, she's moved! Hahahahahah lazy girl in the mornings :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
WOW, those are beautiful pictures. You are so talented. I love how pictures of Tengu are interspaced with the pictures of the animals in the zoo. And then later on other pictures, too. Loved the one with lightening. Couldn't pic a favourite if I tried!

So Imp is now 201g!!!! He's sure growing! and he's also full of spring hormones now, they've caught up with him. I had Cierra on the bed and Imp on my shoulder and he bobbed and black bearded her :lol: He's always just accepted her as the dragon across from his tank, but now he's realizing she's a FEMALE, so funny :mrgreen:

Otherwise a lazy day today...I like those. They all got baths, supplements and times out, so they are all very happy. Nathaniel is still watching TV, will go get him in a minute and put him to bed.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you very much! :) yes that lightning one was crazy! Did you notice the train passing in that picture as well? I was on my roof and usually lightning pics takes a lot of luck and time! I won't bother explaining it but it's a very technical picture because it's at the evening and to get the exposure right as well as the strike....... DIFFICULT! But I got it within five minutes! SO LUCKY!

Imp LOL LMAO AHAHAHAHAHAHHA BAD IMP!!!! He's all grown up HAHAHAHA that's very funny!!

Full day of teaching ahead so have to go. Talk soon :)

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi there

Long time, I hope all is well :?: Maybe just busy with work.

Well Tengu is huge and very healthy and fun now. Also that part of her tail is coming off now. That was crazy it was fully stuck! Coconut cream to the rescue again!

Hope to hear off you

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm doing fine as so is my crew. I was worried about my golden gecko Rocco as he wasn't able to climb his walls as is normal for him. So for a couple of weeks I put his heating pad underneath his tank. Well it was because he was shedding and it took a long time to get it all off. Now he's back on his back wall! So his heating pad is back on the back wall, too. He's also given up bugs, but he's now eating Repashy Bugs 'n Fruit and enjoying it, so I'm fine with that.

Imp is growing still, he's now 229g and 15 1/2" and is an eating machine. He's gone through most of the dubia that is his size. I switched the dubia tanks around. The 20 gallon is now the breeding only tank and the 10 gallon is the feeder tank. I also had too many males with the females, which means the males fight and don't breed. So having culled them out, I'm hoping, in 2 months, I'll again see lots of dubia Imp's size. For now he's having to eat crickets and small super worms, not his favourite, but his appetite is so big, he'll eat anything I put in front of him, including his greens. He still likes to sit on my shoulder and supervise what I'm doing :lol:

Gabriel has become a bit more active but he's still too fat. Oh well, I don't feed him much, so I guess he needs to keep his fat pads intact. His legs and arms are so thick, he really is a muscle bound dragon!

Castiel is doing fine, when Cierra was making eggs, he was a crazy dragon and lost 60 grams, now I'm making sure he's eating and he's slowly gaining it all back.

Cierra took a few days to decide to eat, so I was giving her Imp's mix instead. Now her appetite is full and she's up to 471g from 384 after she laid her eggs, so I'm glad to see that.

Nathaniel is in trouble. Last weekend he kept getting underneath the stereo cabinet, no matter what I did, he got under there, over 3 partitions. Finally I realized that the stereo speaker I had the converter on was probably what he managed to climb to get over the partitions, so I removed it and put the converter on a stone I had there. He hasn't done it since, but I haven't let him out at the time they'd be hiding. So we'll see how that goes.

Bunny, my crested gecko, is still a cricket eating machine and is doing well. She's 11 years old, but looks much younger.

So that's my crew and we're all doing well. Mother's Day over here is on Sunday and we're all hoping to take my mom and dad to a local beach, play bocce ball and have lunch. We did that last year and had a ball.

I've also started taking oil pills from New Zealand that help relieve allergies and they're working, I haven't taken an antihistamine since last Thursday. The pills are expensive, take 6 a day, 2 with each meal, but if it works I'm willing to pay for it. So far so good. I still use the nasal spray if I cough so that relieves it, but I'm hoping after taking these for a month, I won't have to even use the nasal spray.

Glad to hear Princess Tengu is having a good time. It's been warm over here so everyone seems to have more energy. I'm off to my doc today to check on a few things, so no work, but tomorrow will be a long day, physio at 8a and then work. Oh well...should have taken tomorrow off but prefer to take Mondays off, as there isn't alot of work those days.

So I'll talk to you soon!
Deb

Oh, Imp finally figured out how to get out of his tank, found him on the top of the sofa & so glad I found him because if he'd gone down to the living room floor Castiel would have found him and it would have been a fight & I think Imp would have been lunch or badly damaged. So I found a tank top that I'd kept, put it 1/2 across his tank. Well he sat underneath it for 1/2 a day, staring up at this thing and unable to get out of his tank. He was NOT impressed!

What did Mom do? :shock:
11887-4219704773.jpg
I can't climb out anymore :angry5:
11887-6795501406.jpg
Well that's just not fair!!!! :mrgreen:
11887-6792339482.jpg

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hahahahahahhahha Imp is growing up! :lol: :lol:

Great news about the oil pill! Hope that works well.

All the crew are doing well, lol Castiel...... They sure do have more energy when it is warm, don't they!

Tengu is a different lizard since the heat is back, she is an eating machine and daily business if not every other day. I FINALLY got that shed off the end of her tail! I didn't notice it was shed for weeks and when I did the coconut oil was straight out and eventually it cracked and started to peel. Looks perfect now, but she has new shed on all of her elbows LOL looks like elbow patches!!!

She has the vet on Saturday to check the meds worked and no more pin worm eggs. I wonder if he will call her fat again :lol: poor girl!

Yesterday was hottest day of the year at 29 degrees. Today is 26-27 she loved it yesterday. She climbed to the highest point of my shoulder and sat there, when I came back in she tried to run down my back to get back in the sun!

Let you know what the vet says :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom