Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well, here's to Thresh healing the rest of her foot on her own :D I'm glad the vet agreed that 6 weeks of Baytril was enough for now. So fingers crossed. I do think the grey spots are shed. Yellow Fungus is a completely different type of presentation and never grey. So I think you're safe on that.

I have to return the rubbermaid container to you. If I feel up to it and you're home this eve, I'll drop it off.

That picture of Thresh is wonderfully done, I know it doesn't do justice to Thresh but it is still a wonderful drawing. If I had the $ I'd do the same & get a picture of Rubio to put up on the wall in my bedroom, so I'll know where to find the link if I find some $!

I'm so glad Fizz is doing so well, he is such a cute dragon, I so enjoyed visiting with you!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I sent you a PM Deb-sorry it took me so long!

I'm hoping it's shed, you can kind of see it in the photos with her. Always worrying about something over here...

Esther19

BD.org Addict
What a beautiful rendering of Thresh! I do hope her foot will heal on its own. I've been wondering how the roommate saga is progressing?

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hey Esther,

It isn't...really progressing. Sigh. As much as I wish we could afford to live without him, we can't. We're making ends meet right now, but we're also trying to put 500+ dollars in savings every month, which isn't always feasible for vet visits, emergency purchases, credit card payments or other things, or just Brandon and I needing to celebrate things like our anniversary together, and we're going to visit my parents for a week in August so a lot of our savings will be used for that.

Realistically, the only way we can make ends meet is when Brandon gets his promotion-and even then we want to keep living with him so we can save lots and lots and buy a car almost outright when we do end up moving. It's just when he gets his promotion, then we can start progressing a lot. And when we move I'm going to try finding an ASM job at another pet store, unless things go really well at my current, I'm going to want the extra income...because after we get a place of our own, we'll be saving up for a wedding, and then eventually kids...Along with breeding and everything, too.

They are ripping our buildings down in sept/oct next year(or at least giving us notice then) so we'll have to move in Fall 2015 any ways. I'm just holding out for that. So I'm expecting to breed Thresh and Fizz in 2016.

Speaking of the anniversary, Brandon and I spent our 4th year together in Deep Cove...I have pictures floating around somewhere, I'll try and get them up tonight. It was a lovely day!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Well, at least you have a "When it will all end" date. Socking away money is a worthy goal, too. You and Brandon are very on top of things. I imagine folks will be lining up for Thresh and Fizz babies. :) I'm glad you enjoyed your anniversary, and the trip to your parents' sounds like a great time. (If someone could incarcerate your sister while you're there.) Thanks for checking in. It's always good to hear from you.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
My sister won't be there-I haven't heard a lip of her since we got in that fight. Mom keeps trying to push us together but I stand my ground. Kyla seemingly refuses to accept she's in the wrong, so I'm not having any of it! There is absolutely no reason for me to try to make contact, at least I darn well respect her&her life, even if I don't agree with it I supported her. She can not say the same for me and shame on her for it.

As for Thresh and Fizz babies-yes! I've got a few friends that are really excited for them. My best friend who helped me pay for Thresh, she's getting first pick after I pick a few to hold back for more breeding. I'm really excited to turn it into a big hobby and even a potential business, even if I won't make any money, I don't care! I love it so much.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's great that you're going away for a week to your folks, you'll enjoy yourself. And glad your sister isn't invited, best keep away from her, she's just toxic. I had when siblings disappoint like that. Going through what I am with my son & d-i-l, I sure understand your side.

Oh I wish I could be in line for a baby from those two, but with my hours it's impossible to have a baby to take care of. If you decide to keep one until it's older, then I would love to be in line, too. Have to see when the time comes. Wouldn't it be great to have the space & $ for lights for all those beautiful babies!

Happy Anniversary, too! belated!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I really can't wait for a nice big room to have reptiles in! I really wish that we could get a full house when we rent, but I don't know, it all depends on where we need to move to and what sort of money we'd be looking at spending, especially since we're adding a car to the mix. That and we need to afford all the caging. I'm thinking about doing 6x2x2 stackable caging with 2 dividers that I can pull out(turning each area into a 4 square foot space). I wager keeping 5-10 babies in each space depending on size, meaning one cage could hopefully have one full clutch in it. Hopefully the first year I'll only need 3 cages, though I'll have a back up plan. This way I can also build them all, too, instead of having to buy them. My dad could help me I'm sure. :)

I just hope that I can get an ASM job somewhere, that would help financially a lot.

I already have plans for what sort of dragons I want to add to the collection for future breeders...I want to do this for as long as I can, so long as we can provide for them all and afford it. I'll be breeding supers and horns hopefully, too, I just need a garage to have all the bugs in. But breeding the feeders will keep the costs down, and I may even be able to grow greens in the summer so that would help, too. :blob5:

My excitement and anticipation for this stuff is crazy! I apologize for the tangent/planning. I talk about it so often with Brandon, he just laughs and has no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to genetics.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's good to have a plan in mind for when things do come together financially for you two. That will be a great when you do get started!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
What a relief that your sister will not be there. I have a brother I feel the same way about. Same state is too close. I think you're fine making plans for the future. It gives you direction and something to work towards and look forward to.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So I've planned out what size PVC enclosures I want when I breed, and who they'll be from. And an incubator, too. I just have to wait until we get the notice to move.

I also took a comparison photo of Fizz to show how much he's grown(this was taken on the 30th, he's grown more).
Just after we got him;
tumblr_n9tenxMN2x1toehq5o3_1280.jpg

July 30th;
tumblr_n9tenxMN2x1toehq5o2_1280.jpg

Where did my little baby go? He also has gained 10x of his weight since we got him! He broke the 170g mark. He's eating...easily 50-80 roaches a day(varying sizes). Once he hits 16.5" I'm going to try and see how he likes supers. He's going to eat me out of a roach colony!

Thresh is okay. She's starting to shed part of her beard&back of her head...the spots on her arms are still weird and grey. I hope it goes away soon with shed.

I have a vet appointment booked Monday for Draxel and Fizz. Fizz for a general health check and see if we can get a blood panel out of him, and Draxel has developed a slight whistle when he breaths. He isn't showing any other signs of an RI yet, but I would rather be safe then sorry. Some BP's will also develop it for no reason, but with us going on Vacation in less then 2 weeks, I want to be 110% sure he'll be okay while we're gone.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I can't believe how much Fizz has grown! He is so handsome and healthy looking, too!
I hope Draxel is okay. Good he is going to the vet.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I don't think Fizz could be anything but a picture of perfect health. He's grown over 7.5 inches in 2 months, and over 150 grams in that time, too. I'm just blown away and so happy about it.

I wanted to get into the Vet today but my vet was out until Monday, so Monday it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom