Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
If it's worse by Sunday I can get to the walk in across the street from the mall. Can't miss the work-we need the money. Even though it sucks to be coughing lots and feeling gross.

And I will! I'm making him a cake and I'm getting candy bags for everyone coming over from the old theme and european theme'd candy shop across from work. He has no idea and I'm excited to see what he thinks!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well good news! I measured Thresh tonight and she measured in just under 17 inches long! Wow! That's almost half an inch in a week and a half or so. Where did that growth come from?!

I'm finishing up the last bit of her Costume. I can't remember if I mentioned-but I changed it. She's a bus instead of being Thresh from League or Legends. The original concept was just to hard and time consuming. And I wasn't able to do the cats, either. Sigh. But I did do her's!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, almost 17" long, she's just growing so much! and will be very excited to see her costume, too.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
The end of October was crazy. I've been going non stop. Thursday was Halloween-we brought Thresh to my work and put her outfit on. Pictures at the end of the post. Friday was my day off-I was up at 9, put together a grocery list and was about to heat out at 10 and only to have my coworker text me to cover his 2-7 shift.

I worked 6 days in a row, and Friday was my only day off before another 4 day in a row. I would have worked 11 days in a row with no overtime because it fell on separate pay periods. Not only that, but Brandon's birthday was yesterday and I needed to cook/clean/get everything ready on Friday because I worked 9-5 on Saturday!

So I refused. And Jen worked 9-7. Which is not fair but I couldn't make the exception to come in. I don't think she was impressed, but it really wasn't my problem at that point. Everyone knew I needed Friday off to do all this stuff.

Yesterday was great! I shocked Brandon with cake and candy bags and food galore! We had a few people over and played some board games and enjoyed the night.

I got Thresh's new UVB finally! She's perked up a lot more, though not as much as I would like. I need to clean her terrarium today, with everything going on I just haven't had the energy. So I'll get it done today. I also took the screen lid Deb gave me off and I'm getting the temps better now then I was before. I just make sure the cats don't go in the bedroom which is easy enough.

I did email Greg West at Cornel's World Terrariums today to get a quote on a larger terrarium for her and a terrarium for a Ball Python. It would be cat proof so we could move things back into the living room if we could fit it in some where. I think Thresh would benefit from that more then being isolated in the bedroom. She's such a people person!

She was out last night and Benny(Brandon's Boss) held her for almost 2 hours. He was THRILLED and loved her a lot. She loved sitting on his knee and shoulder and looked so pleased with herself and people fawning over her.

Anyways. Here are some pictures in her costume:

SAM_1207_zps1e2a8213.jpg

SAM_1202_zpsbcd237f6.jpg

SAM_1203_zps57be7308.jpg

SAM_1206_zps54ba14d5.jpg

It's a dog 'poncho' and I modified it quite heavily to fit her. It just attached around her neck, if she moved it slipped right off and didn't constrict her in any way. She was a little school bus! :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I can see that, so cute! Glad you had a good surprise birthday for Brandon and that he enjoyed himself so much. And yes, you had every right to turn down your colleague, honestly, why isn't he being fired and someone else hired? It's ridiculous that you're constantly having to make up time for him.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I think that every time this happens. He had a student council meeting at school that he just learned about or something. It's so frustrating because he should be planning for this, and I told him before I could cover his Fridays if it was really needed(though this was before I started working Sundays but oh well).

We desperately need another person, even if they're just on call. Because if I got sick, Jen would be screwed. Or vice versa. Or any way it goes. But I can't convince her to bring someone else on even if they're on call. So it leaves me in this spot where if I can't come in or don't want to, I feel terrible because I don't want her working 9-7 with no proper break. That isn't fair.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She really needs to manage that shop better, she can't have you in all the time, it isn't right, having someone on call is a good idea, but why does she let him get away with this type of thing? Oh well...at least you put your foot down.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Nice woman, GREAT with customers, not the best manager. It's true.

One day I would love to own my own exotic shop. -Sighhh-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom