Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I so enjoyed you coming over to visit, wish I'd taken pics of you with Rubio and then Gabriel with Didi trying to climb your let to get at them :lol: Never dull at my place!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Birthday Pic Dump!

Started the day heading downtown on Transit.
tumblr_mvwumaJY2w1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

We went shopping(no pics), but here are my gifts, not including a new Guess Wallet.
tumblr_mvyqb6kC0o1qc4rpqo10_500.jpg

Our Hotel Room.

tumblr_mvyqb6kC0o1qc4rpqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvyqb6kC0o1qc4rpqo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvyqb6kC0o1qc4rpqo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvyqb6kC0o1qc4rpqo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvyqb6kC0o1qc4rpqo7_1280.jpg

I let them know it was my birthday when I checked in and they sent us a free bottle of wine. Unfortunately I hate wine. :( But not wanting to be rude, I tried it anyways, Brandon drank some and then we left it.

tumblr_mvyqb6kC0o1qc4rpqo9_1280.jpg

The view from the Hotel. We had construction right across the street(yuck) but we didn’t hear a thing while we were in our room.

tumblr_mvyqb6kC0o1qc4rpqo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvyqb6kC0o1qc4rpqo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvyqb6kC0o1qc4rpqo6_1280.jpg

We went to The Keg for dinner, and becauuse it was my birthday, I got free cake! It was a Kahlua/baileys/Ice cream cake, and was so good!
tumblr_mvxftmRjc51qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

Today we went to the Circle Christmas Market, and on our way I got a nice shot of Canada Place.
tumblr_mvyp4tj7Ak1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

My friend Oce shocked me with this drawing yesterday as well. It's so cute and I love it a lot!
tumblr_mvx1p3CB2O1soq164o1_500.png

Deb, it was great visiting you! I should have gotten pictures of everyone, too. I'm sad I didn't, but next time I come over I will.

Brandon and I are finally back home and relaxing. The cats are very happy we're home, as am I. The hotel was beautiful but it's always nice to be home with my snuggly fur and scale kids.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What a great night you had, even if you were very glad to get home. You were sure spoiled, loved the pictures of you two, the hotel room, dinner at the Keg, shopping, gifts and the Xmas Market Circle, sounds like it was a perfect birthday. HAPPY 21st!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
sweetiepie9":3qzgb158 said:
I so enjoyed you coming over to visit, wish I'd taken pics of you with Rubio and then Gabriel with Didi trying to climb your let to get at them :lol: Never dull at my place!
what I'd like to see is a video of that. :lol:

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
:) Thanks for the well wishes!

As for Rubio/Gabriel/Didi, it was hilarious. Didi would climb my leg, only to be scooped up with my free hand and put back on the floor. Rubio didn't give him a second glance-he was to happy with the snuggles. But Gabriel was bobbing away at Didi the whole time. What goons!

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
CountofCasualty":hu3h4rwm said:
:) Thanks for the well wishes!

As for Rubio/Gabriel/Didi, it was hilarious. Didi would climb my leg, only to be scooped up with my free hand and put back on the floor. Rubio didn't give him a second glance-he was to happy with the snuggles. But Gabriel was bobbing away at Didi the whole time. What goons!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Is Rubio a good snuggler? <3

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Every one of my beardies is a good snuggler, Rubio is just a bigger snuggler :lol: there's just more of him. When Jolene comes back to visit we'll make I take LOTS of pics of her with my crew!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks Esther!

Might have something bigger on my hands right now.

I took Thresh out tonight, she had a small bulge in her beard, and she started coughing a bit. With a bit of fighting, I managed to get her mouth open and check her throat. Nothing obstructing it, so that can't be it. Unless she managed to swallow whatever it is. But it still has me concerned...I'll be keeping her temps up, no window open, for the next few days while I keep an eye on it.

If it isn't one animal, it's another. This has not affected her eating at all, and during this I saw a bit of shell from a super and cleaned that away from her teeth. (She's really good at letting me see them! I'm really happy about that!)

But the coughing bit had me worried. She did it 4 times before she's stopped and has been quiet for about 15 minutes now. Brandon didn't hear it, but it wasn't LOUD, just there.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, keep your eyes out on that, could be the beginning of an RI or just something caught in her through that she got out of her way. Keep me posted k?

Big news, Titan is SHEDDING his whole body! I'm so hoping this mean the YF is shedding off, too, but we'll have to see about that. I'm still going to give him his meds and supplements, just not sure about the cream, will have to talk to the vet on Tuesday.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So Thresh seems to be fine. No coughing anymore. The Bene-Bac Small Animal, Cat and Dog is the exact same as the Bird and Reptile in terms of ingredients so I'm going to get that one. Waiting til Friday for it. No harm can come by it even if she doesn't need it.

I got an invitation to the facebook BCRC Reptile Expo Spring 2014, on May 3rd and 4th. I'm going to try booking a table for worms and go. Hopefully I can bring Thresh(though I'm not going to plan for it). I don't know how we're going to do it(in terms of getting there/setting up, etc). But it needs to be done. Hopefully I can stay with Brandon's dad and borrow one of his vehicles and do it that way. If not I'll rent a hotel close to for the 2 nights or whatever and ask my sister(in exchange for gas money, but this will be a fight..) to drive me there and drive me home.

Hopefully I can ask Kellon for promotional material(banner, pamphlets, etc) and they can send that to me/reimburse me. Since all I'm doing is representing the business, not running it. If not, oh well. At least I would have it then.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Where's the Expo taking place?

I'm so glad that Thresh is ok & not coughing anymore. You sure don't need a sick dragon!

Titan continues to shed, it's great to see good skin underneath.

I've been in touch with Skye and she has a good vet who's dealt with YF before. Ajax is going to get the same oral med that Titan is getting, cricket flavoured :puke: yuck, but has been given different skin meds, so told her to stay with what the vet has given her and see in a week how it's working against the YF. Hoping so much both our beardies get cured of this rotten fungus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
My name is Faith
Top Bottom