Tales of Nero~Nero the Sausage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all :wave: I've finally decided to share my Nero.After months of lurking :lurk: Nero is about 8 months old and 16 inches long and he is very colorful :D .I "saved" him from petsmart though i wish I could have gotten one from lllreptiles but they did not have any at the time and i was very impatient to get my beardie! Pics soon if i can find out how to post pics! Nero is a big adventurer and always wants to crawl around on the floor or outside.I'm thinking of taking him to arizona with us in august if my family lets me as they aren't as fond of him as i am :wink: .Nero is actually going through a shed right now and i can't wait till his colors come out! He's getting to be a big boy! :D :help:

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, May is also my birthday month. Nim probably hatched in April, but his anniversary's in May. That's pretty close too, they do grow up fast. :D

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hello everbody,Long Time No see!
Well,guess I will update on Nero:
~Right now he is 517 grams
~Very Active,must of broke out of Brumation mode
~17 inches
~Not eating very much,this is my biggest problem.I am starting to get a little scared.He will only eat waxworms,not even his supers or crickets.And I can't just feed him only waxworms as that is unhealthy.So I really don't know what to do.I am giving him a measured amount of Liquid Calcium everyday to keep him healthy along with some Carnivore Care.Everyday I am trying to get him to eat a super or cricket but he just won't.He seems a little distracted,he is very active and walking all over his cage.Do you guys think it has something to do with him waking up from Brumation?That is my guess,maybe he'll get over this hunger strike soon,hopefully.Should post a few pics too :D .

P1210191_zpsce8fbd75.jpg

P1210196_zpsc7c3744c.jpg

P1210197_zps20a0c171.jpg

P1210200_zpsa5b22670.jpg

P1210202_zps83918766.jpg

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
BlueDragon09":23mdo4qo said:
he's huge Lara! Mine just got back from the vet, he's fine...old age hit him pretty hard.

He is getting soo big :shock: ,I now need two hands to hold him because he is so strong and my hands are small.
Oh no,poor Vash is getting old.What happened to him?

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Nero is beautiful. Just lovely and he looks healthy. His craziness may have to do with coming out of brumation. I have recently read about post brumation crazy's. It's great to see you back. :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Lost weight, and blood in stool but not parasites or worms no crix is why...but very healthy.
She said his stool could have been dry.

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
TheWerewolf":1d4g92r5 said:
Nero is beautiful. Just lovely and he looks healthy. His craziness may have to do with coming out of brumation. I have recently read about post brumation crazy's. It's great to see you back. :D

Thank you!I really hope it does have to do with his coming out of Brumation. It's good to be back.I decided to take a week off from the computer.It felt really great but I still thought about and missed you guys all the time.

BlueDragon09":1d4g92r5 said:
Lost weight, and blood in stool but not parasites or worms no crix is why...but very healthy.
She said his stool could have been dry.

At least Old Man is still healthy,and no parasites. :wink:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I've noticed that there is 'something in the air' so to speak about brumation and when they wake up. Here in Southern AZ in August it's still fairly warm, in the mid 80's where about the middle of the month Rosie Zoom starts her brumation. She was awake last week for 3 or 4 days in a row. About two years ago when she woke up for good it was about the middle of February where in our area it's colder than when she start brumation. It's about somewhere in the mid 40's to mid 60's and she decides to wake up.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
He's gotten so big! Jango's 17 1/2 inches and Nero looks bigger than he does. If he's a good weight and you can't feel his bones.. I wouldn't worry right away about him not eating.. did he get cleaned out before he went into brumation? did he poo good yet if not? mabie he just needs to adjust from waking up? I hope he starts eating for you soon.

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Dreamwritten":3lh1exkl said:
Nero is HUGE and so darn cute! I love his round belly and pretty patterns! :love10:

Thanks! I too love his big, round belly. It is very soft.

JangoMom":3lh1exkl said:
He's gotten so big! Jango's 17 1/2 inches and Nero looks bigger than he does. If he's a good weight and you can't feel his bones.. I wouldn't worry right away about him not eating.. did he get cleaned out before he went into brumation? did he poo good yet if not? mabie he just needs to adjust from waking up? I hope he starts eating for you soon.

He has gotten really big! I think Nero is just like a bigger bodied dragon,maybe Jango is just slimmer. Nero is around 510 grams and no bones are to be felt easily.He did get cleaned out before brumation,I made sure.He did eat 10 superworms a few days ago and he pooped today, although it was small.I blame that on not eating much though. :D

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey guys, I've been gone kinda long, Like a month and a half, too much homework....
Well, I best update on the current condition of Nero.
He is 436 grams (I think that i wrote before that he was around 500 grams, but that is incorrect because the towel that i had under him while I was weighing him added a lot of extra weight :silent: )
He is doing pretty good, he is actually very restless and is very crazy lately, still hasn't been eating much. But I think i am gonna buy some special worms for him, doubt he can resist those! i would post pics but my camera's memory cards are all filled up and I don't feel like emptying them. Well, nice to be back :D !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom