Tales of Fred the adventurer! - Updates 4/25/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I just wanted to make a 'blog' about my bearded dragon Fred.

He came to us on January 16th 2013, around 2PM. When I saw him, even though there were other babies in his tank, :love10: I knew he was the one I was going to take home that day... Of course the pet store guys gave us bad advice, so I'm so glad to have found this place, or else I would of gone on, still doing things wrong. (Thank you to those that helped me!) On the drive home, I was so nervous his little tiny container would slip from my hands and down to the ground, I also thought his container was a bit too small, (his tail was curled a lot) but, after a safe ride home, I held him until his tank was set up, then finally I put him in there, we put crickets in, but he just stared at us, after a little while he ate some. (Again, I was worried.)

Anyway, time for some pictures!

This is Fred on his first day home- So tiny!:
2wm18w5.png

I was very nervous and thought he stopped breathing when he was in this postion :shock: :
35cef4m.jpg

Fred, on his favorite basking spot, his cactus!(I'm actually wondering what I'm going to do once he outgrows it, he's on there like 24/7!):
2875ae.jpg

Fred, at the highest spot in his tank:
33061l3.jpg

Oh and his tank has changed since these pictures were taken! :wink: Oh and the pictures are small because they were taken with a iPad.

I love my Fred so much! :love5:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
GRR... I need to vent.. If that's okay.. :angry5:

I was at the pet store with my Grandma, and we went to the cricket part to get our crickets and this is how the convo with the pet store guy went...:
Me: 75 small crickets please.
Guy: whoa! 75?!? What are you feeding?
Me: bearded dragon... You feed them as much as they will eat in 15-20 mins..
Guy: who told you that?
Me: (getting slightly angry now.) I read it...
Guy: where?
Me: beardeddragon.org
Guy: okay...

He looked at me like I didn't know what I was talking about, and at the end like I was just dumb. I wanted to tackle him and say "I know my pet dude. And she needs 75 crickets." 2 problems... 1. I was too cold. & 2. I'm not allowed to tackle.
:banghead: :angry5: :banghead:

I'm sure he's a great person, but the way he looked at me, and talked to me... :x

Usually their much more polite, and barely talk... On occasion they will ask what I'm feeding an of course I say beardie, and their all like "Cool he or she sounds like a great pet!" And then I nod. Not this one. :angry5:

If he even dared to try to tell me wrong info, I would just downright attack him! :angry5:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
This place is made for venting. You have to remember, at most pet stores they have ten beardies in a cage, dump in maybe 20-30 crickets and give them a bowl of mealies a a bowl of lettuce and carrots. It's stupid, but a las not much we can do about it :( In a perfect world each beardie would be taken out 3x a day and eat as many crickets as they want.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":41y9qd0c said:
This place is made for venting. You have to remember, at most pet stores they have ten beardies in a cage, dump in maybe 20-30 crickets and give them a bowl of mealies a a bowl of lettuce and carrots. It's stupid, but a las not much we can do about it :( In a perfect world each beardie would be taken out 3x a day and eat as many crickets as they want.
Yeah I know... I wish I could take all of those little guys home... At my pet smart they have woodchips in their hide, and no live food, at all. Just pellet and veggies. I mean that's good for them, but no live food? Their also in a (assumed) 10 gallon at my petsmart, and they don't have correct lighting... AT ALL!! :banghead:

Their also REALLY tiny! Like 3-4 inches long! At least the two I met the other were active, they kept glass dancing like they needed help. :cry:

Their smaller than my pinky finger, and my pinky finger is small!
One kept getting stuck while glass dancing, I was about to demand the manager they take that small one out and give it to me, I would of bought every thing it needed. :( I wish it was possible to just... Take all of those lizards from their care, and I mean ALL of them, the crested geckos, the chameleons, the leopard geckos, and the Chinese water dragons, and the beardies of course. :banghead:

If only I had the money for all the lizards, all their food, all their setups and tanks, and lights and all that! :angry5:

Plus all their tanks are overpriced and I can't get a 40 gallon for my little girl! :(

Sorry for the block of text.. I'm still angry about all that. :|

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Trust me I understand you 100 and 10 %. It's terrible and I would love to be an undercover pet store inspector or something.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Dear all;

It's Fredericka... You know...The one who was dedicated a topic?

Anyway... I escaped out of the 'tank' (more like glass prison) to come write this message, I went to the computer as my mommy calls it and moved the mouse(very hard at this size) it showed this topic and it said... Beardeddragon.org
So it must be a way to talk with beardies. Anyway, I have come to ask older and bigger dragons how they escape the dreaded watery prison. Or 'bath time' as my mommy calls it.

I need help. Right away. I have 'mango pox' (my mommy calls it that) from rolling around in my salad and getting little yellow dots on my chin, and I like yellow, so I was wondering how to escape 'bath time' so I don't lose my beautiful markings of yellow?

-Fredericka, the one with 'mango pox'

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Okay... I really need help. I was feeding Fred, and there was a piece of shed skin in front of her, well a cricket crawled onto it and she got the cricket, but also had that shed piece of skin in her mouth and was chewing on it. I quickly grabbed it out of her mouth before she could swallow, but I'm not sure if she got any small bits down? I'm really worried. If she did swallow a little, what do I do? Will she be okay? I'm sorry, this just has never happened before. :oops:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Phew. That sure is a relief to hear! :shock:

Ahem... I want to say...

I almost have enough money for a 40 gallon!! :blob8: :blob8: :blob5: :blob5:
I have 60.53$! I'm so close! I went in and told Fred and she looked at me then froze. And then looked at me again with her "I'm hungry" face.

I'm so happy!!! :D

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":1o0vm7a7 said:
Cogratz!

By the way, I believe you owe us a picture dump :lol:
I believe so... Maybe I should go take a photo shoot of the little monster... :mrgreen:

Hmm... But this means I have to get up out of bed and to her tank... Hmm...

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Okay! I was FINALLY able to get some pictures! :mrgreen:

dxbvbq.jpg

^ Bit blurry...

2vrs9vt.jpg

^ "Hmm... How to escape..."

ab1ifr.jpg

^Look at those pretty colors!

2m7dgd4.jpg

^ "I'm shedding!" (She was NOT happy when I took this picture... I think she was embarrassed. Heh!)

2zgazwy.jpg

^ "The light!"

9suqma.jpg

^ "What's that?"

14ra8o.jpg

^ "Your still taking pictures?!"

She's shedding so I didn't want to stress her with more pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom