Tales of Fred the adventurer! - Updates 4/25/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I just wanted to make a 'blog' about my bearded dragon Fred.

He came to us on January 16th 2013, around 2PM. When I saw him, even though there were other babies in his tank, :love10: I knew he was the one I was going to take home that day... Of course the pet store guys gave us bad advice, so I'm so glad to have found this place, or else I would of gone on, still doing things wrong. (Thank you to those that helped me!) On the drive home, I was so nervous his little tiny container would slip from my hands and down to the ground, I also thought his container was a bit too small, (his tail was curled a lot) but, after a safe ride home, I held him until his tank was set up, then finally I put him in there, we put crickets in, but he just stared at us, after a little while he ate some. (Again, I was worried.)

Anyway, time for some pictures!

This is Fred on his first day home- So tiny!:
2wm18w5.png

I was very nervous and thought he stopped breathing when he was in this postion :shock: :
35cef4m.jpg

Fred, on his favorite basking spot, his cactus!(I'm actually wondering what I'm going to do once he outgrows it, he's on there like 24/7!):
2875ae.jpg

Fred, at the highest spot in his tank:
33061l3.jpg

Oh and his tank has changed since these pictures were taken! :wink: Oh and the pictures are small because they were taken with a iPad.

I love my Fred so much! :love5:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Fred Arm-waved me!!! :lol: It was so funny looking he just lifted his hand and kept it up for a few minutes then put it down, and he also had a awesome expression to go with it. It was so cute! :mrgreen:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I love watching them arm wave, it's so cute! Zy, very rarely, will rest her tummy on her basking spot for support and do a double arm wave.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":2vxtfvg3 said:
I love watching them arm wave, it's so cute! Zy, very rarely, will rest her tummy on her basking spot for support and do a double arm wave.
That sounds so adorable! :D Oh I so wish I had a camera on him that moment... :love5:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Zy was very obsessive with her arm waving and even though I gave her a boy's name, I knew that she was probably female. Arm waving is not the best way to tell male or female, but it does give you and idea.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":2ujihbeg said:
Zy was very obsessive with her arm waving and even though I gave her a boy's name, I knew that she was probably female. Arm waving is not the best way to tell male or female, but it does give you and idea.
Hmm... Interesting. :) (I'm starting to think to have a secret camera on him/or her so I can watch his/or her every move, including arm waves! :lol: ) I can't wait to see what Fred's color looks like when he gets older, already got some oranges and a... blue/white color. :love10:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":38f1dwzk said:
Oh yeah. When I first got Jace i never thought his colors would be so beautiful....er handsome.
And he is! Gorgeous!

Prepare for a photo bomb... :twisted:
5ltqac.jpg

^ that's like my favorite pic of Fred. :mrgreen:
1g53bk.jpg

^ only bowl we had for him, his other got moldy, :(

w9v7n4.jpg

1f9195.jpg

64p1zm.jpg

35m4d2s.jpg

^ "Look mommy! I rule the world! :mrgreen: " (This was before I moved his probe to the basking spot, AND THE THING WON'T STAY ON THE WALLS! :angry5: )

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":1wbn1z26 said:
I love the third pic from the bottom. What a cutie and so loaded with personality!
Thank you!! :D
I need second opinions;
Male or female?:
2vazj90.jpg

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":37vdppa5 said:
I'm thinking you got yourself a girly girl.
Yay! :D

As the title now says, is 16 grams a good weight? We weighed her today, and the scale said 16 grams... Is this good? I've had her since January 16th. Not sure how old she was when we first got her, but she eats phoenix worms and greens like a champ!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
How long is she?

Something to remember is that all beardies grow at different rates so numbers are not entirely reliable. When Zy was two months she 8.5" and 22g.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":1kjrz27j said:
How long is she?

Something to remember is that all beardies grow at different rates so numbers are not entirely reliable. When Zy was two months she 8.5" and 22g.
To be honest; I'm not exactly sure, I lost my tape mesuare. (It's a really long one and doesn't have those big box things around it, and it's soft so I prefer it... If you know what I mean. :lol: ) But I can look for another one real quick, (we have HUNDREDS.) to mesure her. Of course, 16 grams is most likely an improvment, we were told by the petstore people to feed 3-5 crickets a day, ONCE a day... Now we feed much more. I'm not sure what Fred was fed at PetSmart, but probably not much of it.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
8 and a half inches! We last mesaured her about a month ago- 7 inches. THAT'S A INCH AND A HALF GROW! :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Okay, to answer your question, Zandi202, 8 and a half inches, and 16 grams.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Seems fine. 6 grams isn't that big a difference from Zy. As long as she looks happy and healthy and is very active all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom