Tales of Fred the adventurer! - Updates 4/25/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I just wanted to make a 'blog' about my bearded dragon Fred.

He came to us on January 16th 2013, around 2PM. When I saw him, even though there were other babies in his tank, :love10: I knew he was the one I was going to take home that day... Of course the pet store guys gave us bad advice, so I'm so glad to have found this place, or else I would of gone on, still doing things wrong. (Thank you to those that helped me!) On the drive home, I was so nervous his little tiny container would slip from my hands and down to the ground, I also thought his container was a bit too small, (his tail was curled a lot) but, after a safe ride home, I held him until his tank was set up, then finally I put him in there, we put crickets in, but he just stared at us, after a little while he ate some. (Again, I was worried.)

Anyway, time for some pictures!

This is Fred on his first day home- So tiny!:
2wm18w5.png

I was very nervous and thought he stopped breathing when he was in this postion :shock: :
35cef4m.jpg

Fred, on his favorite basking spot, his cactus!(I'm actually wondering what I'm going to do once he outgrows it, he's on there like 24/7!):
2875ae.jpg

Fred, at the highest spot in his tank:
33061l3.jpg

Oh and his tank has changed since these pictures were taken! :wink: Oh and the pictures are small because they were taken with a iPad.

I love my Fred so much! :love5:

MoonsAreBlue

Hatchling Member
Ugh, I hate crickets. Once, I dropped my cricket keeper and about 20 of them went everywhere!! Luckily, we managed to pick them all up, but no more crickets here, lol. I actually just tried feeding a small chunk of mango to my girl a few days ago. She just licked it and decided she didn't like it. She loves green beans though and mustard greens though. He might be okay in the smaller tank for a while, but I would definitely look into getting a 40 gallon!

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
MoonsAreBlue":37rvclb3 said:
Ugh, I hate crickets. Once, I dropped my cricket keeper and about 20 of them went everywhere!! Luckily, we managed to pick them all up, but no more crickets here, lol. I actually just tried feeding a small chunk of mango to my girl a few days ago. She just licked it and decided she didn't like it. She loves green beans though and mustard greens though. He might be okay in the smaller tank for a while, but I would definitely look into getting a 40 gallon!
Oh definitely! Actually, the part where you said they went everywhere made me shiver! :lol: Fred looked at it, then sticked his tongue out like a chameleon, it was so cool looking! :D
We are looking into it, it’s just PetSmart likes overpricing things, one of the 40 gallons my mom saw there was 200$-199$. :roll: Silly petstores, but I do like PetSmart,, as thats where I met Fred, and my service/companion dog. :love5:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
HI AGAIN! Gee, I’ve got a crazy story to tell! :shock:

Heh heh... Well, story is:
A couple of days ago, my mom told me to lift up Fred’s tail, because he’s the recommended size to tell his gender, as stated here: http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/ 7-8 inches.
I compared the ‘spot’ on his tail to the female and male pictures... And... He just might be a GIRL! It’s so weird saying she now, but luckily... I named her a name that can be used for both girl AND boy! Fred, Freddie, and the full name... Fredricka!
The meaning of the name Fredricka is Feminine Form Of Frederick
Afterwards I was holding him saying, “Come on Fred, let’s go order you a prom dress!” :laughhard:

And of course... Mrs. Freddywebster! :twisted:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Fred is so cute!

I hear you about the nervousness of taking them home. Luckily the Petco I got my two from gave me large boxes for both. :lol:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":2cc3qt24 said:
Fred is so cute!

I hear you about the nervousness of taking them home. Luckily the Petco I got my two from gave me large boxes for both. :lol:
Thank you! And lucky! Petsmart is mean. :p

Fred is such a handful! She keeps pooping, she seriously poops like 5 times a day. :roll:

I might check her tail again, and compare it to the care sheet. I wanna be completely sure!
I honestly don't care if Fred is a boy or girl, I'll love em all the same. :love5:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":u8dm4gew said:
You can also post a pic on here if you want a second opinion.
I would've, but my mom decided he was too small, and I cant get a picture while holding him because I had a iPad(Apple family here) and it's hard to balance and take a picture, once I had to use my nose to press the picture button. :lol:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Fred shed AGAIN! He shed his belly and back, wow the skin looks so cool! He's got this blue color stripe down his back now, and orange spots! So beautiful!
Here's some pics:
pxhjl.jpg

^ Look at that skin!

303a3bq.jpg

^ "You are my slaves!"

:blob5:

Entity

Hatchling Member
I debated getting my boy Nigel a cactus yesterday, but I just didn't know if he'd try to eat it lol xD

So I didn't get it. Got him another basking branch though :3 He hasn't used it yet.

Your boy is a real cutie <3

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Entity":jcalrugn said:
I debated getting my boy Nigel a cactus yesterday, but I just didn't know if he'd try to eat it lol xD

So I didn't get it. Got him another basking branch though :3 He hasn't used it yet.

Your boy is a real cutie <3

:lol: Nigel sounds real cute too! Thanks, and I think Fred likes the cactus more than his crickets!

zandi202":jcalrugn said:
I can't give Jace or Zy fake plants because they think it's food... :lol:
:lol: Silly beardies you've got there!

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":3srb15dq said:
hoopyscoop":3srb15dq said:
zandi202":3srb15dq said:
I can't give Jace or Zy fake plants because they think it's food... :lol:
:lol: Silly beardies you've got there!

You don't know the half of it :lol:
:lol:

Fred is being the normal Fred... Except...

We cleaned his cage out the other day... And he decides to up and poop in it that night! I think they live on the purpose of... Scaring us half to death, making us laugh, AND pooping in their cage RIGHT after you cleaned it!

Also.. Not sure if I said this before... PHONEIX WORMS CAME!
(Just found freesmileys.org AWESOME site! :D )

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He ate 5 phoneix worms in under a minute! It took him a while but he was sitting on his cave, aand saw one trying to get out an ran over!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom