taking on another beardie ... choices choice ahhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang! I missed a whole page of postings! I'm not getting notifications again! I guess I will just have to check myself. Silly interwebs. Anyway, Great updates on Lexi, even though she isn't doing well with the butters, its sounds like roaches are her thing anyway. Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing new pics of both dragons, and maybe a few of the cat too? LOL

Suzan

Hello Lexi. I have been reading your story for about 2 day's and I am sooo proud of your mom.When I started to read this story the more I read I started to cry. I can not believe people can be so cruel. I do have my oppinion about the previous owner but I think like everyone else about them so I don't think I need to say more. I do believe in one thing... CARMA!!!!!! You are one of them most special people I have every had the honor to listen to your story. I pray and think about you all everyday while I continue to keep reading your story and the tail of the brave and strong little Lexi. You are also so brave and strong to have taken her in and are giving her the best life she will ever have. Your family also is amazing, there are people in the world that I believe are angel's and you are one. Thank you sooo much for giving Lexi the wings to fly.
She is doing sooo wonderful and she is soooo beautiful and I love to cry happy tear's knowing she is loved so much and you can see she is sooo happy with a wonderful mom who is her angel and by the pictures she know's you are.
There are so many prayers out there for both of you. I also have tearie eye's just writing you and being proud to be able to read your story "The Life of a little Lexi".
I will always say prayers for you and Lexi and also THANK YOU for sharing Lexi's story with everyone. I will continue to always read the story of Lexi and I get excited to see her and how happy and strong she and you are. Keep showing us pictures please and THANK YOU.
My prayers and smiles for both of you :D :D :D :D .
Love, Ziggy and Suzan

kaladary

I will always say prayers for you and Lexi and also THANK YOU for sharing Lexi's story with everyone. I will continue to always read the story of Lexi and I get excited to see her and how happy and strong she and you are. Keep showing us pictures please and THANK YOU.
My prayers and smiles for both of you

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SOME NEW PICS TODAY, annnnnnnnnd a VIDEO from Lexi to yall :) :) :)

LEXI!!!
LexiLou7.jpg

hi :)
LexiLou5.jpg

i like this wall ... so ... much.
LexiLou4.jpg

i cant believe how she is starting to fill out, some of that is warped out ribcage, and some of that is LEXI blooming and growing :) :) i absolutely LOVE this one, makes me smile to see this!!!
LexiLou2.jpg

i lover her so much
LexiLou.jpg

just a little video :)
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&feature=vm&video_id=AyDc-GSSjPE

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
OMG she's gained so much weight, she looks wonderful & her colours are fantastic. I couldn't see the video, Youtube wants me to sign on, last time I tried I just went around in circles, sorry. But the pics are wonderful, especially the one looking down on her, she's been transformed! You are a wonderful mama, she is so lucky to have you & I can understand why you love her so much, she is such a trouper! HUGS TO YOU ALL!
Deb

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
try this :)

a special message form LEXI herself :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyDc-GSSjPE

hi Deb! i am going to weigh her today to see what she has gained :)
she is still so boney, her ribs just stick out like crazy and in all directions ....
its like touching a bunch of bones through thin skin. and they are not in the right places!they were broken and they are now all crazy shaped and such. so the overhead picture is combo of her bones and LEXI filling out!!! YAY!!! i love that she is is going to start filling out there!!!!!
:blob5: :blob5: :blob5:
i dont know if the strange bones poking through will ever go away, i have no clue, its a baffling, you would actually have to hold her and touch her to understand i think ... its the weirdest feeling.

she does sooooooooooo much more sustenance to her body know, mainly in her underside. she still feels light as a feather to pick up, so so light ....
but OMG to pick her her up NOW, versus before ... she is ALIVE ya know? she moves around when you pick her up, and she has a little belly growing and she holds her head up higher ... its like a picking up a different lizard. just the little bit of physical strength she has gained in her is the main difference. its awesome.
the bones on her tailbase are still pointy but i HOPE that someone day that will change. it werid, you can just feel everything like EVERYTHING by touching her. all of her bones.
but she has come SO far, and i started -

Acidophiliz
Serrapetase

i started those yesterday. today she will carnvoure care rather than veggie babyfood.

the vet called to check on her, and i asked him about the saliva ... he said, like Deb and bayou said, that it may just be b/c of the misalignment of her entire mouth, that is where it tends to stay.
but if it still doing it in the next week or two, to go ahead and bring her in b/c he would like to check it out.
she was too dehydrated to get a blood sample from the first time ... i would think surely by now he could get one from her? at least in three weeks they will be able to, b/c that is when i can take her :)
and i will go ahead and get the x-ray done as well.
its going to have to be about a month though, i have to use my first paycheck from school to do it.
he also asked about the cyst/tumor/thing on her face, and honestly its the same, so he wants to see of he can figure out what is going on with that.

sooooooooooooo i will spend alot of my paycheck, BUT, i will make it work. I can apply for that Care Credit as well ... although part of me thinks i wouldnt get it ... my credit is NOT so great from past, younger, massive screw-ups. embarrasinggggggggg!
she needs the x-ray and she needs the bloodwork. and eventually, a fecal.

and with the way Blue is acting, like she is trying to slow down to bruamte, i need a pre-brumation fecal done on her as well. this is such typical behavior of BlueBelle, she slows down August/September ... and then is (was) out cold by the first of November.
i just miss her when she does this ... i missed her so much last year! we shall see what she does. :? :roll:
if she continues to do this the rest of her life, i will only have her energetic fully awake REALLY COOL and fun self for about 5 months out of the year, every year! ahhhhhhhhhhh.

im having issue with Lexi's basking temp again, its a 75w and now that she basks on the hammock, i cant get an accurate reading from the hammock b/c its mesh, not a totally solid surface, if that makes sense. so i put a pillow directly under it, almost touching the underneath of the hammock, and i will see what my temp gun says.
i have two digital probes im not using, could always put on of those in, i just never trusted a temp reading on the surface of a hammock.
anyone chime in on that, seriously, im open for any thoughts?! plz do!!!

i may try a low wattage flood light ... i tried my 45w floodlight i had that i used in Blue's tank once and BAM shot up waaaaaaaaaaay to high.
crazy dang wattages.

annnnnnnnnnnnd the undigested butters are STILL coming out of her. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. so im either attributing it to she cant digest them/chew them OR her basking spot was too low to get a good digestion. i think THINK its the first thought.
i mean my temp readings have been in the 80's and i do not see how that is possible though. before i put the hammock in they were 98, 99, 100
its gotta be that hammock surface im not getting a right reading from.
im rambling.
im SO glad you all enjoyed the pictures, and i hope you enjoy the video too :) :) :)
Lexi is a miracle.
~Em

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
For the basking spot on the hammock, try the digital probe, you might get a better reading. You can always get a ready from Lexi, herself, that's what I do with my guys after they've been basking for an hour, I make sure their body temp is at least 90F, then I know they'll digest their food right. Isn't that nice that the vet called? Yes, it's a good idea to get an xray done & then see if the vet can get a blood sample. It will cost, but would be worth it just to make sure her blood calcium level is high enough. Plus give her a welness check all over! She is a miracle dragon, I can't get over how well she gets around and how pretty her colours are, now that she's colourful all the time! You've done a great job. I wanted to tell you that when I use Carnivore Care I mix it with babyfood squash, adds some veggie to the mix & you can still add a bit of water to thin it out. Try that when you use it. Glad you got the Serreptatase, it's working on Lonzo, he moves around much better (he has arthritis) and the Acidophiliz will help her digest, it's great to add such good probiotics to her tummy, you'll see a difference in a couple of weeks

And I know how you feel about brumation, Lonzo & Rubio are like Blue, out for at least 3 months, Didi & Leo slept only for a few weeks, then they were up & down for the rest of the winter. So I had some company but not every day. I'm used to it now, it's been at least 3 winters, but I still wake them up every 2nd sunday to give them calcium & water, just no food, as my living room is heated for the gecko & I don't want them to dry out.

Take care you all,
Deb

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Deb -
so funny you just posted about a body temp reading,i just got on her. she is 90 right now, however her lights got turned on late this AM .... oopsy, and so she hasnt been under the heat to get a 100% right on reading. but it makes me feel better!!! im so happy she goes there on her own now!! i mean it makes me BEAM and SMILE sooooooooooooo big.

and yup, you are right about the bloodwork/xrays ... i just didnt have the funds to put it out the first time. they could not have gotten any blood from her at that point, but this time around, in a few weeks, we will hopefully get a great sample :)
and yes he wants to def do the x-rays then too.

yes it was very very sweet of them to call, they have called twice since our visit with them. in cases like hers, the said they really want to keep on top of things ... im glad that Blue will going to this vet :)

yessssssssssssss i know about brumation time it makes you loco!!! so lonely. glad you have at least a little company though ;)
it is lonely, but at least i think, when they do it, it makes me feel like they are healthy and are in an environment suited well enough for natural insticts to kick in ... but we miss them so much!!!!

i will def mix the squash in with carnivoure care today :) thanks for the tip :) and im soooooo glad i finally have the pro-biotic. i also got some BeneBac gel as well ... would you recommend using a course of BeneBac along with the Acidophilis? its just a three tube course if im right. it makes sense to me to go ahead and give her the course of BeneBac, but i wanted some input on that, if you have any guidance on that, plz do tell, tell, tell :) :) :)

she couldnt catch any roaches the other day, even when something is laying still, she has a hard time getting it into her mouth and keeping it there while she tried to chew. that goes with everything across the board, roaches/worms/greens/fruits/anything on the ground or in a bowl.

she wont or cant take a live feeder by hand ...
she tried SO SO SO hard to get them, and they were going pretty slow, even stopping and sitting there. its the coordination/reaction time/shakiness that doesnt let her really get what she wants.
the pheonix worms should be here soon though :)
its a shame b/c she LOVES roaches and i mean LOVES THEM! its hit and miss, she will get some, she has before ans she will again :) she is SUPER LEXI!!!!!
much love, give your crew hugs from us!!!!! hope they are doing wonderful :mrgreen:
~Em

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Thanks for the second video, Em! I could see that one. I almost cried to see her walking so well. Lexi is a miracle, and you are the miracle worker. :love5:

Awwww Smooches from Lexi!!!!!! Right back at ya, lil soldier girl! :p Loved the kitty in the video. That little head-tilt that she did was awesome!

Hey Em, I noticed in the close up at the end, sort of a little indent right in front of her eye. I never heard you mention anything about that. Is it a normal thing in her skin, or maybe an old injury?

Sonic says hey to you guys. :D So do the pupps. Keep up the good work Em.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I don't think giving her Benebac & acidopholuz will make a difference. I always gave Gabriel the gel after he ate, a line on his mouth & he'd lick it off. I don't know how you'd give it to Lexi, but give it a try. It helped Gabriel's stomach settle, especially after eating, then meds. But he's parasite free now & he's eating only dragon food, no babyfood anymore. He loves his supers, he'd eat them only if he could, but he likes squash & collard greens, too. Has to be hand-fed, they sure learn that quickly!

Let me know how Lexi feels after the probiotics, it might help her digest, too. Too bad about the roaches, her poor mouth, wonder if there's any other way to get them in her mouth? I'll have to think about that. Only Didi eats roaches, he eats an adult a day, so Jake is giving me his overloads. That's alot of adult roaches! The phoenix worms might be easier for her to grab & eat & digest, you'll have to see when you get them in.

Anything else I can help you with, just ask. She's such a special beardie, such determination & I'm hoping the vet continues to find ways to help her heal up.
Big hugs to you all,
Deb & crew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom