Surgery Scheduled for Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if I missed it, But where in FL are you? If your local, I could try to come bring you some honey! I am sure this has been a rough road for u and her. But, I may be a newbie to beardies.. But i love my lil Dude soo much! And just like my dogs.. He gets only the best I can get. So, I totally understand!

If you need help, and your local.. let me know! I am in the Tampa area

parodyofagirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you for your kind offer but it is way too far to ask someone to drive.  I'm across the state in brevard county.  That is like a 7 hour round trip for you.

Quincy seems to be doing better and better as the day goes on.  Right now, I am feeding her dinner.  She was gaping earlier and let me get a better look in her mouth.

If you are curious, you can just barely see the clot and surgery site.  It is the dark area in her mouth on the left side of the picture. http://imgur.com/QDm2Tiz

I took this picture a few minutes before the other one.  http://imgur.com/6JtBOwM

She is actually enjoying the freshly laundered fleece blanket tonight.  :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That was really kind + thoughtful of animalhouse to help you out. :) And it sounds like things are " so far , so good " ! That's really good to hear, and although she has some discomfort, she doesn't seem to be in much pain. Go Quincy !

I would think you could leave for awhile tomorrow with no problem if you wanted to.

Aww yes.. that is quite a drive!

Well, i wanted to offer as i know how hard it is with no vehicle!

Glad she is doing well and healing up! Hope you and quincey have a good holiday together!

parodyofagirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you again animalhouse. That was a really sweet thing to offer to do. I hope you have a happy holiday as well! :)

AHBD, I don't feel comfortable leaving her alone yet. I've been camped out on the tiny couch next to her enclosure since I brought her home yesterday. I've left the room a few times and when I return, she'll either be rubbing or scratching at her face near the surgery site. She's made it bleed a few times and I've had to hold her and apply pressure to the outside of her face until she chills out.

I'm afraid of what I might come home to if I left her here alone.

My mom told my sisters what was happening with Quincy and my sister (I haven't seen her in over a year) is going to drive up here with her husband and my other sister and they are going to bring me dinner! So, I am going to get to see some of my family for Christmas which has really cheered me up.

Absolutely! If i can help, i do! Im also with a dog rescue so I always do what i can to help people care for there pets so there is less homeless pets. :) im glad you have some family tomorrow! Enjoy the holidays! Give quincy a snuggle from me!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great that you'll get some company tomorrow, that should help cheer you up! And I think it might help Quincy if you could wrap some gauze around her head [ if it's possible ] to cover her eye + wound....maybe just a thin strip. At any rate, Quincy certainly has a devoted mom/nurse. :) Keep up the good work !

parodyofagirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I don't think gauze is going to work. She needs a beardie 'cone of shame.' lol

Seriously though, if anything brushes against that side of her face she tries scratch/rub it off. Gauze is a good idea, but I am almost certain it will exascerbate the behavior.

I wish there was something I could do for her eye. There really isn't any first aid for a beardie black eye, is there?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Unpasteurized honey can be put on the eye itself....I used it on one of my babies that had a swollen infected eye and it worked in 2 days. I diluted it with a tiny bit of warm water and applied it with a Q-tip 3X a day. Quincy's eye problem [ the original bulging ] is different, but if it's getting irritated + damaged now from her rubbing, the honey may help. Unpasteurized honey is amazing, not just a " wive's tale " but lots of clinical studies done with use on humans and animals. If you Google " raw honey as medicine, there is lots of info, and it's approved for use in the U.K + several other countries for medical use. But a thin strip of gauze wound around her head, with a small , thicker square over her eye just in that area might protect the eye from further damage. I know it's hard to decide what to do, what she'll tolerate, etc. But it seems like she's taking food well + her mouth injury seems stable, so that's all good.....hopefully will continue.

Hi,

My husband and I have bee hives and we take honey every fall. It is definitely unpasteurized and also has no added corn syrup like other beekeepers put in their honey. I will ship you some tomorrow free of charge if you will just PM your address to me. I know what it's like to be at a loss when something is going on with my scale-babies. I lost one last month. I would love to help you if you're interested.

Susan

parodyofagirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Susan, you are a sweetheart! Thank you so much! This means so much to us!

You are amazing!

I'm PM-ing you my address now.

You have my sincere condolences for the loss of your scale-baby. They are such special creatures.

Thank you for helping us out during this incredibly difficult and stressful time. We really appreciate it! :)

I have your address and will send the honey overnight when the post office opens in the morning. I really hope it helps Quincy!

Tell her to hang in there and that Gia, Fina, Arielle and Rosie are pulling for her! :)

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom