Sudden Behavior Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

menzy

This morning my bearded dragon was much more alert than normal. No new changes. He’s around 3 months old. He has a mesh top for his cage, and after staring at me with a lot of head moving, he went to his log and then leaped up and hung onto the top of the mesh lid with his front legs. He fell off, didn’t seem to break any nails luckily and I assume the fall didn’t injure him; but that weird burst of attitude change is very odd to me. Shortly after he started pacing at the edge of the glass doing the same “complex” series of moves. Yesterday when he was out of his enclosure he was also a bit more active than normal and even took a quick bite at my finger as if he suddenly mistook it for food. Very confused by what would suddenly make him act so hyper and off. Had him for about a month now and never seen these actions.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lighting has a lot to do w/ behavior-- can you post a pic of his tank and lighting please and we can go from there--
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

At 3 months old, you have a little energetic dragon on your hands! Please review your tank
setup for us, such as the type/brand of UVB lighting, basking light (white or colored), the size
of the tank, supplements given with the brand & type, foods given & the temperatures, too. Do
you use a digital probe or a temp gun, etc to measure his temperatures in the tank?
You can post pictures for us of him along with his tank setup also for us to see, thanks.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom