Substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLTANUIS

I know it's not wise whatsoever to have substrate at all because of possible consumption. But I feed my beardie outside of her cage so would it be okay to put something in? Cause I hate looking at nothing but paper towels. It's so ugly. Could I put in medium sized rocks by chance? Sizeable enough to not be consumed.

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
If you mean a bunch of pebbles or aquarium rocks, I wouldn't.

You can always use repti-carpet (zilla makes a "terrarium liner" that's great, and comes in green or brown),
ceramic flooring tiles (get them as rough as you can, they tend to be a bit slippery to walk on with beardie claws),
natural stone/slate tiles (these are great and they file down the beardie's nails naturally),
non-sticky shelf liner, even linolium flooring.

JLTANUIS

Original Poster
Soulwind":1n6aq61m said:
If you mean a bunch of pebbles or aquarium rocks, I wouldn't.

You can always use repti-carpet (zilla makes a "terrarium liner" that's great, and comes in green or brown),
ceramic flooring tiles (get them as rough as you can, they tend to be a bit slippery to walk on with beardie claws),
natural stone/slate tiles (these are great and they file down the beardie's nails naturally),
non-sticky shelf liner, even linolium flooring.

Thanks! The natural stone idea is what I'm going to go with.

ryback

Hatchling Member
If your going with tiles that's good. Heads up make sure no gaps tail and toes get stuck. You can ghout notice members do that. Non adhesive liner works great and use a sand color looks great to me. Just a fix and a heads up lol. Remember reading a beardie getting tail stuck in gapof tile and lost over a inch of tip of tail. Still remember it take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bre2236
Top Bottom