Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Yeah, it would be!
Too bad I will never know his history though. He was dropped off at the reptile shop, and all the info they had on him was that he was 2 years old. I'm pretty sure his first owner gave him baths too though, because he has loved them from day one, and he automatically knew that baths = swimming! LOL
I had a dream that I met his first mom once: His original name was Lenny, and he was actually 5 years old! Haha, I wonder if he was secretly communicating with me in my sleep?! :p

I noticed that his little nails are starting to grow out a little more. IDK if I am going to clip them again though, because sometimes he has trouble gripping his log and stuff... But I don't want my hands bleeding whenever I hold him either. He is a little nuts, and he scratches a lot (unintentionally)!

My spell check decided to die on me, so sorry if there are a lot of typos. :silent:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
More pics!! :) I'm attempting to update this regularily. Hopefully I can gain a few more followers!

I'm suprised my camera didn't explode from the mass amount of adorableness captured in this picture!!!
DSC00482.jpg

Here are a few more cute ones too:
DSC00481.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

Trying to break into my hermit crab cage so he can eat them... He does this every time he has floor time! He likes to climb to the top of the NIC grid behind him so he can plan a surprise aerial attack on them too.
DSC00469.jpg

DSC00474.jpg

Chillin' on my foot.
DSC00477.jpg

This is how he fell asleep one night LOL. But I accidentally woke him up when I turned on the light to take this pic.
DSC00455.jpg

And here is his viv again... I added the plant I was talking about before, and I gave him a larger water dish. My humidity is now an entire 20%! Haha
DSC00493.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

And he is starting to get some dull patches, which means he will FINALLY shed soon! It is a little hard to see in this pic, but it is more obvious IRL. I'm so excited to see what he will look like with out those nasty sand stains!
DSC00490.jpg

kiara

Hatchling Member
I LOVE his viv! Did you make the rock structures? I'd be curious to know how you did that... my girl will be upgrading into my 75 gallon tank this summer and I'm going to need more stuff to put in there with her :) (ok, both reptiles are upgrading this summer, but Kirin's not a beardie, so right now he doesn't count).

As for the tongue picture... :laughhard: that has got to be the cutest thing EVER

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thankies! :D

Yup, I made it. Its actually pretty easy to do: You make a sculpture out of foam, put many layers of grout over it, paint it with acrylic hobby paints, and seal it with Mod Podge. It just takes FOREVER to wait for everthing to dry, LOL! I messed up on my grout though, so I've been having some issues with mine. It was the first one I even made though, so my next one should be better! :D
You could make one for your Leo too, since he is a desert lizard too. Mod Podge isn't water proof, so you can't use it for tropical animals.

I would LOVE a bigger viv for Dud. He is stuck in his 40 gal for now, but he gets plenty of floor time every day.

Thanks! I'm in love with beardie tongues!! :p

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Yet again, I have failed to keep this updated. *sigh* :roll:

But guess what?! Dudley is FINALLY shedding! So far he has shed one front foot, one back foot, the bottom half of his tummy, and the little area by his leg that I posted a pic of before. Here is what his foot looks like: The white part is the new skin, and the orange is his dyed skin... Isn't this ridiculous?! Stupid orange sand.

DSC00517.jpg

Here are a few more cute pics or him in the sunlight. :D

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

And I thought this was hilarious! He looks so proper basking with his little hands crossed :p (Sorry, my aquarium's glass is nasty!)

DSC00541.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

Hormonal rampage...
DSC00563.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

Looking cute during exercise time!
DSC00573.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

LOL he found the heat vent...
DSC00537.jpg

And just some cute pics of him in his cage.
DSC00546.jpg

DSC00559.jpg

DSC00569.jpg

DSC00558.jpg

I've been trying to find a 4x2x2 viv for him too, but no luck yet. :|

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks, I hope so too!

Oh, and I think I found a way to get him bigger viv: I'm going to convert my dresser into a 5ft viv! :D I'm pretty sure I'm going to, at least. Hopefully once I get back from my vacation... I'm going to FL from the 16th-24th.

I gave Dudley a little bit of a hard boiled egg today, and he loved it LOL. I think I found his new favorite food!

Here's a really crappy phone pic of my dresser though (It was really really dark, so I had to lighten it a ton so you could actually tell what it was!). It's 5 feet long, and 17" wide so it should be perfect!
0305011821.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great pictures. Dudley is adorable, love his expressions. :p It's obvious that he loves posing for you except when he was trying to sleep. :lol: That's wonderful that he's finally starting to shed and will be rid of the old stained skin very soon.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Ooo, I cannot wait to see post-shed pics of the handsome stud! And I adore that tongue pic. Tongue pics are the BEST. Glad he's out of brumation!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks to both of you!!
I can't wait to see what he looks like too, once all that skin is shed. Why must adilts take so long to shed though?! He sheds in these itty bitty patches, and I just want it all to be gone!!

LOL, toungue pics are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom