Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Why dont you tell him that, LOL! :roll:

Guess what? I think I've taught him to drink water! :D Well, in his bath anyway. Usually I drip a little on his nose, and when he starts licking it I push his face into the water... But today, all I had to do was splash the water a little with my finger, and he lowered his head and started drinking all on his own! Im so proud! :lol: Im hoping that now that he recognizes water if I splash it, I can teach him to drink out of a dish.
He calmed down anough after his bath to snuggle for a few minutes too. :) He usually isn't much of a snuggler, so that was nice!

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Yay for hydration! I haven't really seen Clovis drink, but he gave me a huge, soaking wet urate today after I'd bleached his cage, so I'm guessing he's getting water one way or another during his daily baths. ;) (Daily baths as per vet order because he was a bit dehydrated, but I think that problem is solved now, hehehe.)
Post pictures of Dudley showing off for the ladies!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Aww, poor Clovis. A remember the Panacur days... Those were horrible! :puke:

I'll try to upload some black-bearding pics and a head-bobbing video tomorrow if I have time!! :D

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hello fellow beardie slaves!
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, it's been a tad hectic lately. On January 20th, my 6 + year old guinea pig, Sunny, passed away. :( She showed absolutely no signs of being sick, devoured her veggies like normal the night before, and my dad says that she was resting comfortable at 4:30 AM and she wasn't in any kind of distress... But when I came downstairs at 7:00 she was gone. So I've been feeling rather horrible about that lately.

Dudley has been as mental as usual lately. :roll: He has still been going on a complete hormonal rampage multiple times a day and blackbearding a lot, but he has stopped head bobbing for the most part and he is eating a little more: Usually around 3 supers a day, and he has shown a little interest in veggies. He only weighs 475g now, so he needs to gain a little more chub back!
I also found out that he knows how to drink out of a spray bottle. He has running around for his exercise, and he came over to see what I was doing while I was misting my hermit crabs. I gave him a little squirt in the face, and he started licking it up right away! I wonder if that's what his first owner did.

Anyways, here are his new viv pics! I decided that using both of the rock structures I made would be a little too crowded, so I'm only using one for now. He LOVES it! But my mom decided to come in my room and feed him today (She seems to like randomly feeding my pets while I'm at school LOL) and one of his supers crawles into a tiny hole into his basking structure. So now I have a dead super that will rot in my sculpture for the rest of eternity. Yay. I also Velcroed the therm to the wall because Dud was abusing it, and I got a cute desert plant for him too. Did you know Micheals (the craft store) has desert plants for $2?! Petstores are SO over pricing them! I got one that has 3 little planted "planted" in a pot that looks like a rock for $4.80 (w/ a coupon). It's rather awesome. :D
DSC00428.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

Dudley would also like to share his Man Purse with everyone. When we go to the petstore/vets/ect, we travel in style LOL. 8) It's a $40 dag purse, but I got it used for $5 LOL. It's in PERFECT condition too! And it has faux reptile skin on the outside, so it's perfect for a lizard!
DSC00409.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

It's also a great place for naps, apparently.
DSC00411.jpg

More coming...

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
More Man Purse pics...
DSC00410.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

Cute hammock pic!
DSC00397.jpg

And I during one of his rampages, he decided to take a quick rest like this:
DSC00386.jpg

Black bearding with some kind of food stored in his beard, LOL
DSC00379.jpg

He also claimed a stuffy after one of his baths, but it was too big for his viv unfortunately.
DSC00436.jpg

Which one isn't like the others? LOL!
DSC00439.jpg

And a pic of how his rock structure cave turned out!
DSC00373.jpg

Enjoy! :D Hope those make up for lost time, LOL!

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Aw, I am so sorry to hear about your guinea pig. Losing a pet of any kind just plain sucks.
I loooove the rock structures and the man purse! Dudley is such an aristocratic looking beardie.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks, that's the only thing I hate about pets... They never live long enough! :( Which is why I REALLY want a tortoise...

LOL, thanks! :D Dudley likes being carried around in it, but if I just keep him in it when I am cleaning his viv or something he hates it, and he MUST pop his little head out to supervise what it going on! God forbid I clean his cage wrong. :p

When I was letting him run around my room the other day, he discovered the wonders of my heat vent. I hadn't seen him for a few minutes so I went to look for him, and he was behind my bed pancaked over the vent! Haha, they are funny little guys!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
OMG, he does! :shock: That is SO weird! Where did you get him??

I guess we've found his long lost twin, LOL!

falcor33

Juvie Member
love dudley's new setup! he looks very happy. the purse pics are priceless....so so cute!!!!
he looks way too comfortable in your purse there!!! i did that with falcor during the election up here in mn, she actually went and voted with me, in my bag (she was very warm with her rice sock so no worries!)

dudley's a good sized beardie! what is his length & weight? he's so adorable!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks!
Aren't purses great?! You can carry them around in public without getting weird looks or getting kicked out of stores! Haha. People probably assume I have a small dog or something in my bag instead. :p

Where are you in MN? I'm about 30 min South from Mineapolis/St.Paul. :) It's always fun to meet fellow Minnesotans. Are you as ready as I am to move to Florida? I HATE winter...

He is 16", but he has a tail nip of what looks to be 4" - 5" or so, based on some other full-tailed beardies I've seen... So he probably would be around 20". He weights 475g right now since he still isn't eating much, but he usually weighs 525g. He really isn't that big, he is just very robust LOL. :D

falcor33

Juvie Member
hi there! i live in brooklyn park! not too far away from you at all! that'd be cool to meet you and dudley!
have you ever been to 'twin city reptiles' ? it's a neat place, although i don't particularly agree with how they have their beardies housed...they seem to keep good care of all the reptiles there though.

yes, i'm very excited to be moving out of mn. 12 years is enough, i can't take the extra long winters, getting very old. i'm moving to texas, south like you! my bf lives down there, so it will be nice to be with him again, have my whole little family back together!

yes, purses are awesome! i really like the hobo-bag style, so that's what falcor gets to travel in!

HumorDragon

Hatchling Member
Jess4921":3i14e6ut said:
OMG, he does! :shock: That is SO weird! Where did you get him??

I guess we've found his long lost twin, LOL!

:) I adopted him from a family who couldnt care for him anymore. I believe that he was originally a petstore beardie.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
@Falcor: OMG, I could LIVE at TCR if my mom would let me, LOL!
Yeah, I don't like the fact that they are kept on aspen shavings. They are still one of the better petstores I've seen though. :D
Have you been to Leaping Lizards? They rescue a lot of beardies... That's where I found Dud. :) They are 15 minutes from my house, so nice and close! And they have great feeders too.

Lucky! When are you moving?
I actually do need a beardie sitter in March, from the 16th to the 20-somethingth. :mrgreen: LOL

HumorDragon: That's how I got Dudley too! LOL, this is so weird. Maybe their first mommies bought them form the same pet store/breeder/where ever they came from? Who knows! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom