Studly Dudley! ♥ *Massive Picture Overload 7/30*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad just randomly came home with him! He is cutest thing ever, and has tons of chub! He just dived into his salad! :D
Hes 2 years old, 15-17 in. long (has pretty good sized nip) and 442 grams... Dyed from red sand, so I cant see his colors. :D

Will post more details/pics later... I have to babysit! :D

OMG IM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDDD!!!

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Pics and video time!! :D

Dudders eating his squash! Before I'm accused of spoiling him, he needs a little help with his squash because I freeze it and thaw it in water, and it's too slippery for his tounge to stick too LOL. And I don't actaully sound like that, I was talking in a weird voice to Dud and the camera made me sound even stranger.

Dudley's method of hunting crickets consists of his sitting in one spot and waiting for them to crawl in front of him. See the cricket in the picture? That's considered to far away.

DSC00907.jpg

Waiting for them to come closer...

DSC00908.jpg

"RETREAT!"

DSC00911.jpg

"Seriously, this is all part of the plan."

DSC00913.jpg

"Still part of the plan..."

DSC00917.jpg

He eventually got them all, with a little help, LOL.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
I swear he and Clovis are soul brothers, because Clovis has given me that exact same look with a cricket on his head before. If I looked that adorable I would get people to do all the work to feed me too!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hehe, yeah he is, but we are making progress! He actually walked short distances to catch crickets last time! :p

@Bowersmom: LOL, I bet they would be! I wish I was as adorable as my pets, I would be SO spoiled.

Caltrat3

Wow, Dudley is a cutie, and wow. yes incredibly lazy!!, my little Jigster is quickly turning into a big lazy spoiled brat too, I'm trying my best to not allow it, but she's just so cute I usually cave and can't help myself!

I loved the video, I get so jealous watching people hand feed their beardies veggies, my Jigs is still refusing veggies in any form about 95% of the time, so frustrating! :banghead:

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Yoshi is getting that way too. Sometimes he'll go after a cricket. But usually I kinda have to block their path so they head towards him. LOL Lazy boy.

I love Dud's face in the video, like, "I got Mom wrapped around my little claw." And then the last peice he's all like, "I don't eat damaged goods." HAHA!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks everyone! They are such adorable little things, its hard not to spoil them just a teeny tiny bit! :lol: (Although I'm pretty sure I passed "teeny tiny" a looonnnggg time ago...)

@Sashee: Haha, I know! This last piece of squash is cracked and undesirable, and therefore unworthy of entering his tummy.

@jaidonx13: Yup, I freeze it because otherwise I only use about 1/4 of a squash before it rots on me. I get my squash, chop it up into bite-size pieces right away, and store in in containers in the freezer. When I feed Dud, I just take out a few pieces and put them in hot water until they are thawed. I've been using the same squash for months, they last forever LOL.

jaidonx13

Hatchling Member
Jess4921":1x8gguqp said:
Thanks everyone! They are such adorable little things, its hard not to spoil them just a teeny tiny bit! :lol: (Although I'm pretty sure I passed "teeny tiny" a looonnnggg time ago...)

@Sashee: Haha, I know! This last piece of squash is cracked and undesirable, and therefore unworthy of entering his tummy.

@jaidonx13: Yup, I freeze it because otherwise I only use about 1/4 of a squash before it rots on me. I get my squash, chop it up into bite-size pieces right away, and store in in containers in the freezer. When I feed Dud, I just take out a few pieces and put them in hot water until they are thawed. I've been using the same squash for months, they last forever LOL.

That's a greattt idea.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
OMGee thank you for that idea! We waste so much veggies because Clovis is a pill about salads, so freezing squash is a very helpful idea!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
You do realize that the veggies and greens that you feed your scaly kids, you can eat to. It's healthy for them, and for you also. Our greens don't last that long because we (mostly my husband) eat it also.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I know, freezing squash is amazing right?! :lol:

I know humans can eat it too, but I'm not a huge fan of the greens they eat personally. I just can't find a way to make them taste very good! How do you eat the greens? I know squash can be yummy at Thanksgiving though. :) And my rabbit eats some of the collards once in a while, but he can't have very much because it is too much calcium for him.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Oh, I have a veggie story too!

So while I was at school today, my mom came up upstairs. When she was coming up the steps, she saw Dud actually eating his greens... But as soon as Dudley saw her, he froze and refused to eat any more. :roll: He's my little ninja veggie eater, LOL. Personally, I've NEVER seen him eat his greens. The only reason I know he eats them is because his veggies are mostly gone and scattered all over his viv when I come home.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
How nice of him to decorate his viv for you! :roll:
I like the butternut baked with salt and pepper and olive oil, but it tends to be messy to prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom