Squash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
If you offer it in small cubes, make sure you cook it all the way in microwave until it soft so the bearded can digest them; otherwise, it may cause intestinal blockage. If you grate it, you do not need to cook it; they can digest it better if you grate it.

Buckmaster299

Hatchling Member
is it ok to freeze the squash and then thaw it out and feed it to them? I know some things like peas and such you can but i don't know about squash... Thanks for info

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
I'm not sure, but I wouldn't keep it in the freezer for too long. 6 months would be the longest I keep it in the freezer. I try to give my guys the freshest produce whenever possible. Try going to the farmers' market; the produce last much longer from there than from supermarkets. :)

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
You can grow many of these foods yourself. Seeds are available at the hardware stores and plant nursery. The veggies that you grow yourself are far more nutritious because they are fresh right out of the garden.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
It's vitamin B1 that gets destroyed. if you supplement regularly and feed live preys I wouldn't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom