Snails and Shrimp??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can my bearded dragon eat can o river shrimp, can o caterpillars, and/or can o snails?

And I see that they updated this website.. awesome!!

BeardedDragonLover11

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I wouldn't feed any of those as they don't have any nutritional value or any moisture for your beardie. Live feeders are way better for him. :D

BeardedDragonLover11

Original Poster
destiny1998":23oyss7d said:
Hi. I wouldn't feed any of those as they don't have any nutritional value or any moisture for your beardie. Live feeders are way better for him. :D

Okay, thanks. But what if thats the only option?? He loves the mealworms and crickets. The ones that come in a can. Thanks though,

Bye

BeardedDragonLover11

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
I feed mine canned crickets and canned grasshoppers. She eats hornworms but will not eat her roaches or phoenix worms. She eat salad in spurts.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
I feed mine canned crickets and canned grasshoppers. She eats hornworms but will not eat her roaches or phoenix worms. She eat salad in spurts.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
How old is he? I don't know if shrimp is good for him. I know mealworms are very hard for beardies to digest. That's why you only feed them sparingly.

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
I would stick with idea of, if they wouldn't eat it in the wild, you probably shouldn't feed it to them. I know canned Salmon and canned Sardines are on the "questionable" list of food items, so I can't imagine shrimp would be better. It's not something they would naturally come in contact with and plus, shrimp are rather filthy little creatures. They're bottom feeders, and if they were bred in captivity for food production, I'm sure they're laced with hormones and antibiotics to promote growth and ward off infections.

Not sure about the snails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom