Smell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 40 gallon breeder that has a tile floor and just about every month I take out the tile everything in it and clean it and under it. I dont feed my beardie in the tank and after he poops I clean it right up with a Clorox wipe it down so I dont understand why it would smell, maybe lack of air circulation? The only part covered is where his light hood is and thats the back right corner and its the size of a 10 gallon screen top. I fan some fresh air in there and it seems to work but any one have any suggestions on keeping it more fresh like its not horrible like when he poops but not sure why it smells, Thanks

theclub83

Hatchling Member
I use self liner and have no smell problems. dont know if im just lucky but i like that if it gets stinky you can clean it in the sink or just replace it.

bigcahoonas10

Original Poster
i started with the repticarpet but i didnt like that at all i thought it was hard to clean if things got dried on there

theclub83

Hatchling Member
Yeah the kind i got was at target i believe, and its cheap and easy to clean. it seems as if the doody doesnt absorb into the liner, it literally wipes right off. now the only negative i can find is that crickets tend to find a way to get under it.

bigcahoonas10

Original Poster
yea i like the tile cause it doesnt allow anything under and it keeps his nails down along with nothing soaking into it

This could also be caused by foods you feed your B-Dragon with. I have had several Bearded Dragons over the years and some of them when they have eaten certain foods that most bear dies can eat have have not gone down so well and have had bad smelly diarrhea.

bigcahoonas10

Original Poster
I feed him a pretty simple diet, crickets dusted, wax worms, collard greens and occasional fruit and other veggies, his poop smells pretty bad but even after clean up the smell lingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom