SILKBACK TO SILKBACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if it has ever been done or not but I am wondering what would the offspring be if you breed a silkback to a silkback. I have never heard of this being done yet so I am just wondering.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
I know its been done as well. I also know it goes with a high mortality rate.
Please dont think im soap boxing. Im not.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
It wont be all Silks it will be some silks and whatever isnt a silk will be a leather you will have no normals from what I have read.

But Tom is right it will be a large mortality rate in the clutch as well due to breeding two unstable genetic deformities to each other. If you want to do it do it. All I can say is good luck.

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
I dont get it..
Why does everyone push the genetic boundries with these guys!

Luckily down here in Oz, most of the beardies that are for sale, and that the breeders breed ARNT geneticaly "inhanced".

Arnt people happy with just normal coloured beardies?

isdrake

Hatchling Member
andrewlloyd":6j7kn959 said:
I dont get it..
Why does everyone push the genetic boundries with these guys!

Luckily down here in Oz, most of the beardies that are for sale, and that the breeders breed ARNT geneticaly "inhanced".

Arnt people happy with just normal coloured beardies?

I totally agree with you. I didn't even know that people where breeding scaleless bearded dragons before I started hanging on this forum. :O

Why can't we just accept them for what they are without breeding them to the extreme?

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
The "morph " dragons are not geneticly enhanced. They are on the other end of the spectrum. The traits that are being bred for are genetic disorders that people like the look of. So what it comes down to is this. Someone will pay for it, so one way or another someone will provide it.

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I have some normals I'm saving to breed next year! I think it will be a novelty to have a nice green normal. Prices will start at $500. LOL!!!

wingnuts

Juvie Member
RioReptiles":3ao5zo03 said:
I have some normals I'm saving to breed next year! I think it will be a novelty to have a nice green normal. Prices will start at $500. LOL!!!

I have a sweet, normal girl--maybe I should pimp her out??? :mrgreen:

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
Normals arnt hard to find at all down here in Australia..

Perhaps because we havnt bred the sh*t out of them for different "morphs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom