GRASSHOPPERS! 🦗🦗🦗🦗

402.O.NE

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
BiG D
This has been really Making me scratch my brain A lot for a long time now.... why are grasshoppers only sold as freeze dried or can what's wrong with live grasshoppers just wondering maybe it's the wings or the legs not sure but I've also heard that they are illegal to sell in the usa? I'm not sure where I just remember reading that somewhere online it was just curious as if anyone has any answers about this!

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
They are sold alive and well here in Germany.
IMG_20240113_120040.jpg

Yes they are illegal in most of the US. Maybe because they can multiply really quick and become a real plague (a female will lay up to 300 eggs)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe because they can multiply really quick and become a real plague (a female will lay up to 300 eggs)
This is definitely why. I think California is one of the few places they aren't illegal (imagine that, everything else is) but I definitely recall a few times as a child living in the country where we would get an absolute plague of them every few years. You could not drive down the road without squishing tens of thousands of them, and it didn't make a dent in their population.

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom