Silk Envy *Day 2 pics, pg 18*

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So now, for names!

I probably won't name her for a bit, at least until I get an idea of her personality. Here's a few I've thought of thus far:
- Pinkberry (my fav yogurt shop in the world.
- Wasabi (cuz she's spicy... err, crazy, rather)
- Tequila Sunrise (kinda like her colors)
- Lemon drop, or lemon, or something lemony
- Amaterasu (maybe this one's a little bold)

mmm.... I'll keep thinking. I have to revisit some old posts, you guys have thought of good names before!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! SOOOO CUTE!! :love5:
I really want to poke her... :shock:

As for names, I vote Tequila!

grendel9

Juvie Member
jeserah":2qqu19fe said:
NightmareDisco":2qqu19fe said:
Congrats! She is beautiful, can't wait til you fatten her up!

Thanks! Yes, I can't wait to get some more meat on her also. Her little skinny legs remind me of an axolotl. I want them to be chubby, I say! Chubby!
I was going to ask if she's skinny, or if that's just the way silkies look. A few days with you, and I'm sure she'll be a full-on chunkster. :)

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
grendel9":4myei0bq said:
MissMichelle91":4myei0bq said:
Btdubbz, the picture second from the bottom = my absolute favorite.

I'm Godmother, yes? ;D
Me too! Me too! :blob8:

Of course, Soraya! I would never forget you!

grendel9":4myei0bq said:
I was going to ask if she's skinny, or if that's just the way silkies look. A few days with you, and I'm sure she'll be a full-on chunkster. :)

Sheesh, I hope so! I was thinking of purchasing some baby food, just to get her kick-started. I hope she has a prey drive. Otherwise feeding is going to be a tad interesting.
Yeah! Definitely yay for chubby dragons! We should start a "help group" hahaha.

PetLover

Hatchling Member
She is a real beauty. I love her yellow coloring. Your pictures are great! I felt like I was right there with you when your opened the package and saw her for the first time in person. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures as she grows up, hearing how her personality developes and what you end up naming her. Thanks for sharing this fun experience with us.

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
PetLover":2b7wus8e said:
She is a real beauty. I love her yellow coloring. Your pictures are great! I felt like I was right there with you when your opened the package and saw her for the first time in person. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures as she grows up, hearing how her personality developes and what you end up naming her. Thanks for sharing this fun experience with us.

Oh, gosh, you do know how to butter me up! *pushes down fluffed feathers*
Thank you very much! I'm glad that you and others find the antics of this thread at least entertaining. I know that myself, mismichelle and Grendel all get in to silly conversations that I find so funny! I will be posting more photos tomorrow, if all goes well :D
What a day, folks!

That's a wrap!

grendel9

Juvie Member
jeserah":1eqjeix8 said:
So now, for names!

I probably won't name her for a bit, at least until I get an idea of her personality. Here's a few I've thought of thus far:
- Pinkberry (my fav yogurt shop in the world.
- Wasabi (cuz she's spicy... err, crazy, rather)
- Tequila Sunrise (kinda like her colors)
- Lemon drop, or lemon, or something lemony
- Amaterasu (maybe this one's a little bold)

mmm.... I'll keep thinking. I have to revisit some old posts, you guys have thought of good names before!
Maybe tomorrow, if I'm less medicated, I can do the google translate thing (that I did for "silk") for "pink" or "berry" or "sunrise" or "lemon." I'm pretty sure that wasabi and tequila - and probably yogurt - are the same, or similar, in most languages. :)
I'm getting a definite trend toward edibles, though. Now I'm hungry. :wink:

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
Wow she is amazing! I want one, but I am worried about how fragile their skin is. Please keep those of us that have silk envy and may want to invest in one later updated on how her care is different than a normal beardie. Enjoy her you lucky devil.

grendel9

Juvie Member
Just a quick digression ... the picture of Quigley in your avatar is adorable!!! Love that facial expression. Too cute!!! :)

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She's 7 or 8 months old now. She's small for her size. I need to measure her (if she'll let me!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom