Sick beardie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oppie1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Vet says it looks like mouth rot on inside right gum. Have antibiotics and mild pain meds for discomfort. Poor little guy. Hopefully, he will be back up and eating soon!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Oh goodness...hopefully the meds will work fast and get him up and running before you know it. Those liitle guys sure do know how to make us crazy with worry, don't they!

Dawn

Oppie1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":a5e50 said:
Oh goodness...hopefully the meds will work fast and get him up and running before you know it. Those liitle guys sure do know how to make us crazy with worry, don't they!

Dawn

They sure do. Never a dull moment with the three of them!

He didn't like the taste of the meds, especially the antibiotic! lol.

Oppie1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My little buddy passed away early this morning or last night. I can't determine exactly when he actually passed away. I'm still shocked. So unexpected that I'm just blown away.
He was eating baby food on his own last night and he seemed like he was improving. We sat in the sun for awhile yesterday and enjoyed some time together and I'm really glad I had the opportunity to do so. I don't usually cry, but my eyes have been tearing up all day, especially when I look at pictures of him through the years.

I believe the cause was from a rapidly growing tumor on the back of his neck, which caused the mouth rot, or puss in his mouth. The vet never caught the growth because it didn't really look like anything out of the ordinary unless you what he looked like before. I noticed it awhile ago, but someone told me that it didn't look like anything.
His cage is dark right now and it is very strange. I usually sit here while he stares at me through his window, but there is just darkness there now....... Wow, I'm so confused.

RIP Winky 6/06 - 4/09

IMG_0776.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm soo sorry. I know how you feel about the suddenness. Redrock fell off of my shoulder September 1st of last year. She was injured in that fall. She died on September 10th. The really hard thing was we both thought she'd be o.k. and she even improved on the 9th, the day before she died.

When Miss Y died, we had her outside for 2 hours (she and Miss O liked being outside) the day before. She died that morning. Her loss was really hard also.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello Ryan,

I am so very sorry that you lost Winky :( . I was really hoping since we had not heard back from you that he was doing better.

It must be painful for you right now and my heart goes out to you.

RIP Winky

Dawn

Oppie1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardie parents - I had a similar thing happen to another beardie I bought. Actually, I bought that beardie and Winky at the same time. I should have had him/her put down, but I thought I could cure whatever was going on.... :( It always seems like they have that last burst of energy before they go. Kinda common and freaky in all species, really...

Dawn - I was so optimistic that everything would be ok. This is the last thing I expected to happen. People think I'm crazy morning the loss of a lizard, but I know they are just speaking out of ignorance. No one could understand unless they actually have owned a beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom