Sick Bearded Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssprague21

Original Poster
He's been drinking water today as well as baby squash diluted in his water. He seemed to really like the squash! Yay! I came home from work and he seemed somewhat alert! It seems like a little color is returning and his ribs aren't sticking out as much. Fingers Crossed!!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great! I'm glad he's taking in some of the squash. If he is OK with another day of the diluted baby food you could try little bits at full strength and see what he does. Like I said, baby steps.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, how encouraging! Great he liked the squash. As long as he continues to do well with the squash, itwon't be long before you can add a little bit of chicken to the squash so he can get some protein. You're doing an awesome job. :)

Are his eyes starting to open more? Any small bowel movements or urates yet?

ssprague21

Original Poster
I don't think he's having any bowel movements :( He still has some sand impacted but he is way more alert than we've ever seen him since we got him. Is there anything we can do to try to get some bowel movements out of him? When I came home from work he was awake with his eyes open, and then he was awake for a few minutes after he ate so its definitely an improvement!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is good he is more alert. You could put a few drops of vegetable oil in with the squash, that may help him get rid of the sand sooner.

ssprague21

Original Poster
He pooped today! Yay! He was also crawling around and ate more squash. He's not using his back legs very much but such an improvement!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great that he ate more and even cleaned himself out! A really good sign that he is moving around a little. Will take some time to build up his strength and improve the muscle tone before he will be able to get around much better.

What improvements in just a few days. :blob5:

ssprague21

Original Poster
He is loving squash, he is still pretty lethargic but when he is awake he is much more alert. He is basking every once in awhile with his head up in the air (something he couldn't do a few days ago!) He is pooping so we're optimistic he can overcome this! He's starting to get a little bit of a belly too and regain color!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good to hear. :) You can offer some small, easy to chew soft body insects along with his squash now so he can have some protein . What do you have access to ? If you can only get crickets, get the medium sized ones,if it's dubia roaches get the small /medium and look for newly shed ones at first. No mealworms. With Phoenix or Reptiworms you can order the large because they are a very small insect larva of the black soldier fly. You can also try silkworms, but just a few a day of the insects at first.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific he is doing so much better now! :D
I am glad to hear he is getting a beardie belly now & getting his color back, too. Keep getting food into him & his appetite should get back to normal soon.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

ssprague21

Original Poster
He ate 2 crickets tonight! He's been pooping regularly and he seems much happier and alert! Thank you so much for the all of the helpful suggestions!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful he is eating again & is active, too! :D
It sounds like he is on the road to recovery now. Keep us posted on him & how he is doing.

Tracie

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So wonderful to hear that he ate 2 crickets and is so much happier & alert too. :) You must be so pleased.

Do you think he's gained any wt yet?

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. We love news like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom