Sick Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Toasty":gboc11c3 said:
Dooter":gboc11c3 said:
Its such a battle of personal ethics every time I go into a Petsmart or Petco. I absolutely HATE giving my money to a chain store that only cares about the almighty dollar, and NOT about the correct care of the animals they sell. But sometimes I do have to make purchases there due to time constraints. It kills me every time. I truly believe they should not be allowed to sell animals.

You are doing so right by that baby - you were meant to find her!

I refuse to purchase anything--animal or supplies--from Petsmart or Petco or any other petstore that sells animals. It is heartbreaking to see the sick animals there and natural to want to get them out of those horrid conditions, but you also need to keep in mind that by purchasing a sick animal, you are actually supporting the sale of live animals even if they are sick and/or being kept in bad conditions. At the end of the day, all they see is that they sold another animal and made a profit. The animal you bought will also be replaced by another one that will be kept in the exact same conditions. Until we stop buying animals from petstores even if they are in terrible condition, they will continue to sell them and keep them in the same horrible conditions.

I agree.. but at the same time, my heart was broken for her and being the person I am, I could not leave her there. I have 10 more days left on her guarantee. If she is not better I am bringing her back to show her to them. But I couldn't leave here there. It would have weighed on my conscience too much.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Agreed, Laura. As much as we want to protest the pet stores' behavior, it is next to impossible to walk away from one in need. You did the right thing.

raptor1989

Hatchling Member
Hope the best for you and i agree. Pet shops most them sell nib tail beardie and tail loss. I saw hatching dragons smallest I ever seen being for sale. Just to make a buck by selling these guys and giving people like you a sick reptile. Company's like Petco and petsmart are BIG company's so they have no reason to sell reptiles in bad shape conditions even the usual tail loss. Sorry to say it makes me sick that it's always going to go on and these company's get rich by doing it. Am happy I got raptor from a pet shop in one piece but wasn't very healthy but he turn around fast. Hopefully you don't have to get a replacement dragon and have to put the one you got in there hands again. Good luck and remember karma is a you know what.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I wouldn't want a replacement. I wasn't even looking to buy a dragon (I have 9 of my own) I just wanted her OUT of there. It just makes me sick that I had to pay $60 for a dragon that is a rescue, that I need to get up 1/2 hour early every morning so she can eat, and bathe and get some TLC. Do I mind doing it? NOT AT ALL! I am just mad that I had to pay for a sick beardie... I would never give her back to them

raptor1989

Hatchling Member
lauraj1055":3426ki23 said:
I wouldn't want a replacement. I wasn't even looking to buy a dragon (I have 9 of my own) I just wanted her OUT of there. It just makes me sick that I had to pay $60 for a dragon that is a rescue, that I need to get up 1/2 hour early every morning so she can eat, and bathe and get some TLC. Do I mind doing it? NOT AT ALL! I am just mad that I had to pay for a sick beardie... I would never give her back to them
I hope you didnt take my message wrong way. I never met it that way. Replacement is just a option if you loss the Petco dragon.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
raptor1989":240coyiu said:
lauraj1055":240coyiu said:
I hope you didnt take my message wrong way. I never met it that way. Replacement is just a option if you loss the Petco dragon.

No, not at all.. I was just saying that I wouldn't want a replacement, the only reason I took this baby was because of the condition it was in. I didn't think you were saying I could just get it replaced :)

raptor1989

Hatchling Member
Great, usually that all they do if you take your dragon back. They offer replacement they don't care. Good luck hope conditions get better for you. I hate my dragon being sick too.

mistygirl

Hatchling Member
How is little Fate doing? I have been hoping and praying that she will get better. She is just very small and although I know people are saying the truth about Petco and PetSmart, I am thankful you took her home to try and nurse her back to health. Those big corporations just don't care about the animals they house there at their stores (NONE OF THEM! they all live in wretched conditions). It is just how much of a buck they make. Keep us all posted we are all here caring about her.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm wondering too, hopefully doing better. We know how hard you're trying.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
oh my gosh ...
how is Fate?
i wish great things for Fate and you!!!
my heart goes out to you and her, such a sweetheart, and you are a wonderful person for helping her, i just saw this thread, and im hanging on tight to hear an update!
~Em

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Also just saw this thread! Following eagerly for an update! Hang in there Fate.

(My gawsh, if a beardie bucket list wasnt the sweetest thing I've ever heard of. Don't worry Fate! Your list will end up taking your far and wide- living your dreams!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom