Should I get a Bearded dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironfire

I am really keen on getting a bearded dragon, the only problem is that they live up to ten years? I am 14 now and am planning to study in the Netherlands when I turn 18, is it legal to bring them over the border? I really want one though, so I am currently rethinking getting 1 :( :help: :cry:

brittani299

Extreme Poster
If you are going to have to rehome one then I wouldnt. Also how are you going to afford to take care of it now? Would your parents help?

ironfire

Original Poster
I have been saving up for a while now, so all the costs are covered, and my parents also said that they were also willing to chip in, so price doesn't bother me, only the two factors I mentioned before.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I am pretty sure that beardies are legal in the Neatherlands. I have no idea about bringing them on a plane for that long. I dont know how they would stay warm.

ironfire

Original Poster
You raise a really valid point, and something I would definitely have to think about, but let's put that aside for now, is it a good Idea to get 1 if I am already 14? I still really want one and it would be a shame if I couldn't but I would rather keep all beardies happy and not buy one if it is going to be such a problem. I need someone's expertise on the situation.

kankri

You can't bring bearded dragons on planes legally (at least for the airlines I know). You'd have to ship, which would be a pain, but doable.

If you want one, I say go for it.

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
I am 19 and got one for the first time this year (Also in college)
I use a wet paper towel and a dab of vinegar . I also have the Flukers scrub brush.
The Netherlands wouldn't be impossible. Luckily you aren't moving to Australia, then you'd be really out of luck.
My family is from Holland :) :blob8:
Post pictures when you get your Beardie!!!

I say go for it. :D
I'm 17 and got my first one not to long ago and plan on getting more reptiles in the future.
You could also try rescuing a beardie instead of getting a juvenile.
As for cleaning you can use vinegar for the smell but you need to use bleach for the bacteria.
When you do use that to clean, make sure they you let it air dry and has not even the slightest smell.
With that you should be good. :D

So go for it if that is what you would like and make sure to post pictures if and when you get one!

~Eddie

Feline

If you find yourself stuck and you cannot take your Beardie with you when you study in the Netherlands, I will take care of your Beardie until you have your plans figured out. :mrgreen: Also, you never know where life will take you. You might end up going to school locally (due to scholarships, relationships, family, etc.) and will not have to rehome your Beardie or deal with the hassle of shipping it. So just get one and let's see where life takes you. :mrgreen: I would also consider adopting an adult. Many adult Beardies need good homes now.

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
You may also want to check into quarantine laws. Not sure if they apply to bearded dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom