Set up ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my set up - beardie is not happy.. very dark and stress marks. cannot for the life of me work out what's wrong.

He has 100w basking lamp, 12% arcadia t5 tube diagonally across viv (this is only a day old - was compacts above the mesh before this). temps are 79 in cool end and about 108 in basking spot. this has creeped up to around 111 whilst i've been cooking but he's been dark allll day so don't think it's because its now a bit hotter. hes only a few months old so i'm told that 110-115 is ok anyway; perhaps its too cold?? argh. so confusing

anyway.. no idea whats wrong. can anyone see anything that i should change?
He is eating fine. he has some shed on his face but can't see that he's shedding anywhere else. he had a bath yesterday.

thanks

912c16f2.jpg

mike120

Hatchling Member
Your temps seem fine. As you said he's only a few months old it could just be him getting used to you. Also, most dragons get a little cranky around the times that they're shedding. As long as he's eating, pooing and basking fine it could just be relocation stress. Do you handle him often? How long have you had him?
I also have the same log and handwash as you!

Grogshla

Juvie Member
perhaps he can see himself in the reflection of the vivarium walls.
Perhaps put a few fake plants in there so the dragon can feel secure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom