Searching For And Setting Up First Enclosure: Help Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrus

I am in the process of obtaining and setting up the enclosure for my first bearded dragon. My main problem is that I have an unusual space requirement- width cannot be more than 18 inches, which is making it difficult to find a cage as most options default to 24W. I have perused the big thread of custom cage suppliers, and while I have sent out many feelers I have found that the list is out of date, with many of the listed suppliers no longer being in business or at least maintaining a web presence.

I would buy an Exoterra with the matching dimensions- indeed, I have found one literally sitting on the shelf with the desired dimensions at a local pet store- but the leg system... makes me a little uneasy, as the legs would actually overhang available space and I would have far more peace of mind if the entire cage lied flat on the surface. There's also the fact that I would need to figure out how to hang the lights on the cage, and I seemed to have misplaced my bookmark here where how to secure the lights inside the cage was... much to my dismay. Exoterra currently lies as my last resort for an enclosure for my beardie for these reasons.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could try building a custom crossfire style enclosure and adjust the dimensions for your available space. https://beardies.dreamwidth.org/2145.html

I have the 36x18x18'' Exo Terra and just measured the plastic base at 18.25'' along the depth side of the tank. The glass is about 17.75''. I leave the top off of mine and suspend the lighting above it using adjustable lamp stands and the UVB light sits on a cross brace. This allows better use of the height so I can provide some climbing areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom