Scar doesn't really like to eat insects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar 77

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scar
Scar is my 8 month old beardie. She really doesn't like to eat insects but she will eat her greens. Is this normal at a young age. She is my first beardie.

Scar 77

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scar
20220305_105153.jpg
20220305_105153.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Scar is my 8 month old beardie. She really doesn't like to eat insects but she will eat her greens. Is this normal at a young age. She is my first beardie.
What are you feeding for insects? Sometimes they dont like crickets or dubias- there are silk worms as a staple and BSFL -

Scar 77

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scar
What are you feeding for insects? Sometimes they dont like crickets or dubias- there are silk worms as a staple and BSFL -
Yeah I tried crickets. She definitely isn't into chasing them lol. She use to like dubias. She'll eat a few super worms, and a few black fly larvae. I accasionally feed her horn worms but only maybe 2 a month. I haven't tried silk worms yet. I just want to make sure she's getting the protein and calcium she needs.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yeah I tried crickets. She definitely isn't into chasing them lol. She use to like dubias. She'll eat a few super worms, and a few black fly larvae. I accasionally feed her horn worms but only maybe 2 a month. I haven't tried silk worms yet. I just want to make sure she's getting the protein and calcium she needs.
Are you coating the insects- its possible shes not eating them because of the calcium on them- some wont eat calcium and then you need to supplement w/ a liquid etc- horn worms can be fed more often - super worms are good for treats only but not a staple - she needs a staple insect every day till shes a year then you can cut it back to 2-3 times a week - silks are good but they are spendy-

Scar 77

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scar
Are you coating the insects- its possible shes not eating them because of the calcium on them- some wont eat calcium and then you need to supplement w/ a liquid etc- horn worms can be fed more often - super worms are good for treats only but not a staple - she needs a staple insect every day till shes a year then you can cut it back to 2-3 times a week - silks are good but they are spendy-
Ok thank you very much for responding back and the information. I will try doing this and definitely cut back on the super worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom