Sarth, Daeds, & Starling **5/28 First Camping Trip Pics!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would post some pics of Sarth...even though he hasn't been eating very well the past month he still finds every opportunity to be cute! I think I might just keep adding pics to this thread along with my blog, we will see!

The most recent ones are at the top.

I thought this was adorable...he was kind of lounging against the glass, looking at me like "what?!"
P1010416.jpg

Just trying out a close-up of his face...it's hard to get good pics during the weekdays when the sun is going down by the time I get home
P1010415.jpg

Scoping out his rearranged tank
P1010413.jpg

Morning stretches, as usual :)
P1010408.jpg

Him looking *really* grumpy sitting in the sun on the back of our recliner. And I put his tail like that, lol
P1010403.jpg

My husband took this :roll:
P1010399.jpg

A rare shot of him actually eating his salad
P1010397.jpg

Watching Glee with me!
4f7abf91.jpg

He loves to explore the coffee table, not sure why
802855e6.jpg

I did not put him like this, lol. I should have entered it in this months photo competition!
P1010388.jpg

Him still being really mad from the vet's visit the night before. He looked so hilarious, all puffed up with the black beard. I started petting him and he deflated while managing to look confused.
grumpy.jpg

Just looking cute. This was right around when he stopped eating about a month ago.
P1010334.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Cierra is laying and those eggs are big. I'm hoping she'll get them all done. Boy big bath will be waiting for my girl with lots of roaches if she's hungry, if not, snuggles. I'm still waiting to hear from the vet...I'm sure everything is ok, but still nervous about it.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wooo yay Cierra! Well that's one hurdle out of the way. Poor girl, pushing out big eggs can't be any fun. Now for Puff's good news.

I just called the vet, she said Mulder is doing great "he has been a riot for everyone here, we just love him" so I guess he's in good hands!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
When does Mulder come home? Glad all went well & that's he's made some fans!

So Puff is good, my vet said there was alot of yolk in among the parts that needed to come out, so after she removed everything she did alot of flushing to make double sure and she's as sure as she can be that she got everything out. I called at 2:30 (pacific time) and she had just woken up & was in the incubator (that's where she'll stay overnight so she'll stay nice and warm) Tomorrow she'll go into the tank they have and they'll give her the food I left, see if she'll eat anything. If not I get her home on Sat am & she'll come home with an antibiotic to take. I have Serrepeptase for her, too. And Acidophilus. She goes back in a week for a check up, then I think sometime in June. So that's that, we'll see in the future if it was completely successful. I'm sure hoping so!

Cierra just finished laying 26 fertile eggs, boy were they big compared to Puff's eggs. She's now 271g from 364g and she's had a bath. I'm warming her up & then will see if she's hungry. She doesn't look any worse for wear, though, which is good. I'm so hoping it's just one clutch, but keeping the lay box, just in case. Glad she laid them today when I was home.

So that's more than enough excitement today for me!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wow, definitely, no more excitement for you! I remember Scully's fertile clutch last year, I believe the one she laid after was fertile too, so hopefully Cierra is done, but I wouldn't be surprised if she lays another.

Mulder is just fine, picked him up after work and he was wide awake and did not want to be in his crate! He has been literally non stop energy since I got home 5 hours ago, I'm guessing he was probably cooped up for most of the day. Poor Ponzu can't keep up with him!

So glad to hear Puff's surgery went well. The vet found yolk, so does that mean she was getting ready for another batch of eggs? Ugh! Good thing you fixed her when you did! She'll be glad to see her mom tomorrow I'm sure :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks Jen, it's hard being home tonight with her home but I'll get her home on Sat am, sure with I didn't have to work tomorrow.

Hi Esther, I'm so glad she's ok, too. :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm just crying my eyes out. I just got off the phone with my vet & my Puff didn't make it, my vet found her dead this am. We're not sure why because she was doing fine last night. I'm so sad, I asked my vet if we shouldn't have done the surgery, but she said she was full of eggs again and her fat pads were very low. So we think she would have died eventually of egg making, as this would have been her 6th clutch since September. I'm just so sad, I'll bury her tomorrow with Rubio, Didi, Lonzo and Titan.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":8ltgogtn said:
I'm just crying my eyes out. I just got off the phone with my vet & my Puff didn't make it, my vet found her dead this am. We're not sure why because she was doing fine last night. I'm so sad, I asked my vet if we shouldn't have done the surgery, but she said she was full of eggs again and her fat pads were very low. So we think she would have died eventually of egg making, as this would have been her 6th clutch since September. I'm just so sad, I'll bury her tomorrow with Rubio, Didi, Lonzo and Titan.
Omg Deb! I'm so sorry :cry: What unbelievable news. I'm crying with you. Poor poor Puff, all those eggs were just too much for her :( I'm so sorry you weren't able to be with her when it happened either. At least she is with her crew and Scully, too. This has been happening too much lately. Big big hugs from me and mine.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So not too much going on this weekend, at least on the dragon front. It was icky and stormy so no one got to go outside! Nate and I had a fantastic Saturday though - mani/pedis in the morning followed by lunch and a few hours relaxing before we headed to our friend's place for their housewarming party. We were there for a couple hours, until we slipped into our fancy clothes and went to a masquerade party at an old mansion. Lots of free food, drink, mingling, and exploring this big house! Afterwards we took our fancy selves to the cidery brew pub we love and met up with the owner, who bought us a round of drinks. He even remembered Scully and asked after her.

So that was our exciting Saturday! Yesterday was just all severe thunderstorms and ick, but it felt good to lay around, my feet were dead from my heels the night before.

I do have a few pictures though!

Mulder and Starling. I've titled this one "sup?"
IMG_20150511_195031_zpsf8xijn1y.jpg

Please can we go out? Oh please oh please? Daedles made her way over to the door from the couch. This was Saturday right as we were leaving though, so no outside time for any of them
IMG_20150515_171804071_HDR_zpsxlfp7toh.jpg

IMG_20150515_171756008_HDR_zpslk7lrp7o.jpg

I had Sarth out earlier last week, I think the same day as his bath pic. So much excitement for him, he just didn't make it to bed that night :lol:
IMG_20150513_220836033_zpsfszngmw4.jpg

Weather here isn't going to clear up really until Thurs/Fri unfortunately. We have memorial day/long weekend coming up so I'll probably bring Starling up to the cabin with us.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hey Jen, I lurk on your thread but Im going to finally post.

I just love Mulder, no hairballs! I deal with them unfortunately. I love X Files too.

Your dragons are beautiful Im sorry just rambling on.

Kami

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That'll be her first trip to the cabin, will be interesting on how she manages. I'm sure she'll be fine, though. Do you bring the kitties up with you, too? Ponzu sure is growing and so is Mulder. Glad he got through the neutering so well, good boy!

Looks like your dragons all get along with your kittens, so glad to see that. Glad you got to rest your feet, too, sounds like you have a great Saturday!

Really warm over here, everyone's been out in the sun, except Leo, his turn next. Baths, supplements and trying to get more food into Cierra. She's decided that supers are better than roaches right now, even though she ate a ton of roaches on Saturday. I'll try her in a bit, she just had a long soak.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
BlueDragon09":2eupfea7 said:
Hey Jen, I lurk on your thread but Im going to finally post.

I just love Mulder, no hairballs! I deal with them unfortunately. I love X Files too.

Your dragons are beautiful Im sorry just rambling on.

Kami
Hi Kami, thanks for posting! I know I have quite a few lurkers, I do the same! Yes the no hairballs is a bonus! But then there's the trade off of having to give him a bath a few times a month, and cleaning his ears and eyes and nail beds, probably once every 2 weeks for those. He's not a fan of bath time but I can do it one handed so it's no problem, and the rest I just do when he's asleep on my lap! I much prefer that to having cat hair everywhere and dealing with hairballs! No hairballs from Ponzu yet, luckily, but her fur is everywhere already :roll: Nate brushes her almost every day though so that helps a lot.

Deb, yes Starling's first cabin trip! I think she'll be fine too. Hopefully the weather holds up and we can go outside. The kittens come too. When the whole family comes everyone brings their cats, there are 9 in the house, including the one that lives there already. The other cats are not fans of the kittens, lol. Ours stay on the main level where our bedroom is and most of the others stay upstairs.

Supers are good, those will help fill little Cierra out :) I actually bought 500 of those for Daedles, then I realized that's way too many to go through in a reasonable amount of time if she's only getting a few a day, woops :p So Sarth will get to share with her.

I weighed Starling last night and she came in at 237g, so she's gained almost 50g since I got her. Her head and back arms are going in to shed right now so she looks a bit silly!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good for her, Cierra is up to 301 from 271 after she laid the eggs, so I'm really glad she's doing well. She decided to get into her hide for the very first time. I reassured her it was ok. I think she's still dealing with hormones from laying all those eggs. She was outside in the sunshine twice and got to walk around the balcony (I'm slowly cleaning it up, it's a bit by bit job. I'm going to have lunch then repot my plants, they're doing fine but need fresh earth. I have a rosemary that isn't doing well, so it's going to a friend who's going to plant it in her garden, that might be what it needs. I'll get new to put in that pot. I have 2 lilacs and 3 carnations that are doing really well & a basil plant. Plus I still have the cedar tree that Eric gave me, it was 6" long when I got it for Xmas & now it's over 2' tall and about 8" wide. It's beautiful and I've had it for years. That's the extent of my garden LOL

Nathaniel ate some roaches today as well as supers and greens, he's growing so much. Cierra is now 16 3/4" long but Nathaniel is now 17 1/2" long and 378g. Considering they're both 1 1/2 yrs old, they're still small & may stay that way. We'll see in December what they get to.

Well, I've had a very sleepy weekend, guess it's grief, I feel better today, have been eeping myself busy and trying not to look at Puff's tank. Sigh...guess you felt the same when Scully passed away. I'll hopefully hear from Val at the Reptile Rescue Society to see if she has any young dragons in. No rush on that.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes I do know exactly how you feel :( I think the next weekend after Scully passed away, when I took Daedles out to the disc golf park with us...I fell asleep in the car on the way home (it was only noon) and when we got home I just went to sleep until like, 6pm. Nate figured it was from grief and stress. I had worked all week and it was a struggle every day not to burst into tears, but instead keep it to controlled sniffling. The empty tank was too much which is why we moved Daedles in there...but ended up moving her back just a couple weeks later for Starling. Having Starling has helped so much. You'll know when you're ready for another :)

You know I always have big ambitions every winter when it's starting to transition to spring...I'm going to plant all the things! Then I try and pull grass out of the planter I want to use, fail miserably, and say "f it" and give up, LOL. I should just get a few raised planters, but I wanted to have a spot full of yummy greens on the ground that the dragons could frolic in and munch on. See how much I've considered this? Haha. One time I bought a pack of whatever the flowers are that they can eat, and they never even made it out of the plastic bin, lol. So you're much further along than me!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's because I buy the plants LOL. I still have a bag of seeds to plant a garden for the beardies, they've been in my bin for 3 years and I haven't done it yet. Won't do it this year either, but I'm hoping to get off my duff and get it done next year. Just have to get a few more planters for them & clean off the junk on the balcony, so next year at the earliest. So we're alot alike in that respect :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom