Sarth, Daeds, & Starling **5/28 First Camping Trip Pics!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would post some pics of Sarth...even though he hasn't been eating very well the past month he still finds every opportunity to be cute! I think I might just keep adding pics to this thread along with my blog, we will see!

The most recent ones are at the top.

I thought this was adorable...he was kind of lounging against the glass, looking at me like "what?!"
P1010416.jpg

Just trying out a close-up of his face...it's hard to get good pics during the weekdays when the sun is going down by the time I get home
P1010415.jpg

Scoping out his rearranged tank
P1010413.jpg

Morning stretches, as usual :)
P1010408.jpg

Him looking *really* grumpy sitting in the sun on the back of our recliner. And I put his tail like that, lol
P1010403.jpg

My husband took this :roll:
P1010399.jpg

A rare shot of him actually eating his salad
P1010397.jpg

Watching Glee with me!
4f7abf91.jpg

He loves to explore the coffee table, not sure why
802855e6.jpg

I did not put him like this, lol. I should have entered it in this months photo competition!
P1010388.jpg

Him still being really mad from the vet's visit the night before. He looked so hilarious, all puffed up with the black beard. I started petting him and he deflated while managing to look confused.
grumpy.jpg

Just looking cute. This was right around when he stopped eating about a month ago.
P1010334.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Never, there's always something. I finally got Cierra to poop, she hadn't since last weekend & it was huge, she lots 4g with that poop. I gave her pumpkin yesterday & it worked. So now working on Nathaniel, gave him lots of pumpkin today, so hopefully tomorrow. They're both eating well, so have to keep them regular. They're only a year old, you'd think they'd be daily poopers, but every 2-3 days so far. Strange, eh?

Puff got a really long soak today, I swear she's part water dragon the way she'll stay in the bath for almost an hour, soaking away...guess it's good for her as far as laying the eggs goes. I'll be so glad when she's spayed, no more eggs! ever!

That's the only thing that worries me about Cierra. I had her out, forgot she was there, she likes to hide behind the big chair. Anyway was distracted with giving the large ones their calcium/vit-min & let Nathaniel out. Within a second he found Cierra & wrapped himself around her. I pulled them apart (was hardly any time) but still, his hepipenes were out, so I'm not sure if he completed the deed. Now I have to keep an eye on Cierra, wondering if she had follicles matured enough to have eggs. I'm still hitting myself over the head, now I check the tanks before anyone goes out to make sure I haven't forgotten one of them is out.

There is never a dull moment in either of our homes!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":2xul5b7a said:
That's the only thing that worries me about Cierra. I had her out, forgot she was there, she likes to hide behind the big chair. Anyway was distracted with giving the large ones their calcium/vit-min & let Nathaniel out. Within a second he found Cierra & wrapped himself around her. I pulled them apart (was hardly any time) but still, his hepipenes were out, so I'm not sure if he completed the deed. Now I have to keep an eye on Cierra, wondering if she had follicles matured enough to have eggs. I'm still hitting myself over the head, now I check the tanks before anyone goes out to make sure I haven't forgotten one of them is out.

There is never a dull moment in either of our homes!
Ah, that is what happened with Scully last spring! The first nice day so we had all 3 lizards outside...Nate was holding Sarth, Daeds and Scully on the edge of the deck. Sarth sprinted out of nowhere and tackled Scully off the side of the deck! I grabbed them immediately but it was exactly as you described with Cierra and Nathaniel. I'm pretty sure her first two clutches after that were fertile and that might be why she laid so many clutches. I was so careful not to let her see him again this year but of course Sarth has already escaped and harassed them both through the glass, so much for that.
You said she is a year old? I'm sure she's plenty ready to lay, I want to say Scully's first clutch was before she was even a year. Good luck though, maybe you'll get lucky!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well no eggs from Scully yet, we are bringing the sand up this evening and will see if she's interested in digging. But I wanted to share a couple funny pics :)

Sarth, wanting out.
IMG_20150404_115825044_HDR_zpswg2tnvq4.jpg

So I did take him out, let him sit on a shelf and look out the window. Every time I reach for him now though he hunches down and opens his mouth :? I'm guessing that's residual fear left over from when Nate scared him so bad...I had to put him back in his tank and take him out multiple times until he stopped doing that. Now he's been asleep in his hide the last two days! Poor guy!

Daedles is being her usual crazy self. Last weekend while she was sitting on the couch, I made myself some eggs for breakfast...suddenly she flops down next to me, then climbs my shirt and is trying to climb onto my plate to get herself some eggs :roll:
Last night I was enjoying a spinach pastry, and she walked over and decided she wanted some. She's such a piggy. I just love the look on her face "omg, omg please I am going to eat this"
IMG_20150406_223224336_zpsrocdmebx.jpg

IMG_20150406_223226835_zpsrqto3z1a.jpg

Will update whenever Scully decides to lay her eggs! Not looking forward to sitting next to her with a spoon -_-

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
OMG, Daeds reminds me of a friend's beardie who loves anything she's eating and is always trying to steal her food. Hilarious! She's just too funny, glad you got a picture of that!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's with a broken heart that I let you know that Scully died this morning :( She was fine when we woke up, she slept all night on my chest. I put her in her tank around 7 and she was basking and perky. I went back to sleep on the couch and could hear her trucking around in her tank. When I got back up around 8:45, her head was up against the glass, eyes closed, beard black. I panicked instantly and picked her up, but she was gone. It had to have just happened moments before.

We took her to our vet and he did a necroposy. He said her organs were basically just riddled with little yellow spots, and one of the walls of her heart was black and necrotic and almost gelatin like. He said she most likely had a heart attack, which is why it was so sudden. Clearly the infection never went away and that's why her other arm had started swelling up.

My poor poor girl. She didn't deserve this. I'm absolutely devastated that my beautiful dragon is gone. She was my baby. I cried all the way there cradling her in her sleep sack and stroking her back, and all the way home, I still can't stop. I don't know what I'm going to do without her. It's beautiful here today and she was going to go outside with me :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow Jen, I'm sooooooo sorry ! :( I don't usually look here too often, and I don't know all her history but my heart goes out to you....I know that words don't help, I know you're heartbroken. I'm so sorry !!!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Jen, I am so sorry that Scully left. I know how badly you just want her to come home. :cry: I am sending big virtual hugs your way. I hope you can sleep a bit tonight. You were a great mom to Scully. She could not have asked for better, and she knew how much she was loved.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh Jen, my heart is broken. I'm so sorry to hear this about Scully. I guess the infection never did leave her. Not your fault, you did everything you could. RIP Scully, you were wonderfully loved and will be sorely missed. HUGS to you & Nate, Jen, I'm so so sorry...

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry to hear about Scully. You will remember her always. I know how much it hurts, even though you couldn't have stopped this, as Deb said, it wasn't your fault. Things happen.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you guys. I can still hardly believe it. Trying to sleep last night was the worst, with her spot on the bed next to me empty. My poor baby, it was almost her 3rd birthday. We fought so hard to beat that infection and in the end it claimed her anyway.

I've already rearranged the tanks, I couldn't stand seeing her empty tank every time I walked through the house. I moved Daedles in there, cleaned out the other tank, and put it in the garage.

I'm having her cremated, they should have her ashes for me on Friday. Then she'll go on the mantle, so at least she will still be with us in some small way.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh Jen, I'm still in shock & I'm sure you must be, too. I'm glad you're having her cremated so you'll have her with you in spirit and I'm glad you put her tank away. When Rubio died, I did worse than that, I had his 75 gallon tank destroyed and put Leo where it had been. Leo was in my bedroom. It was the only way I could not see that tank every day & I didn't even have the heart to put one of the others in it. They take claim to our hearts, so she'll always be with you, forever. I just keep thinking of her with my boys across the Rainbow Bridge, I'll bet they're all on their best behaviour to impress her :love5: I'm glad you have Daeds, Sarth and your two kitties to care for, it will help a great deal.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The other animals are helping a lot. When we got back from the vet, Mulder spent the rest of the day on my lap, and Daedalus sat with us too until she snuggled into my shoulder. Nate thinks I should try sleeping with her, I don't know though, she is so spiky, I'd probably have to cover her with something first.

I'm crying less today, it doesn't hurt any less though. My sweet baby girl :( I think next summer I will be ready for another baby, but until then I'm going to take Sarth out more and see if Daedles can handle being my "go everywhere" dragon. Nothing could ever replace my affectionate girl though.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I know, Jen, nothing can replace my boys either. I'm glad you have Daeds and Mulder to snuggle with & Sarth when Daeds isn't out. Guess you could cover Daeds with a blanket to prevent being spiked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom