Sarth, Daeds, & Starling **5/28 First Camping Trip Pics!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would post some pics of Sarth...even though he hasn't been eating very well the past month he still finds every opportunity to be cute! I think I might just keep adding pics to this thread along with my blog, we will see!

The most recent ones are at the top.

I thought this was adorable...he was kind of lounging against the glass, looking at me like "what?!"
P1010416.jpg

Just trying out a close-up of his face...it's hard to get good pics during the weekdays when the sun is going down by the time I get home
P1010415.jpg

Scoping out his rearranged tank
P1010413.jpg

Morning stretches, as usual :)
P1010408.jpg

Him looking *really* grumpy sitting in the sun on the back of our recliner. And I put his tail like that, lol
P1010403.jpg

My husband took this :roll:
P1010399.jpg

A rare shot of him actually eating his salad
P1010397.jpg

Watching Glee with me!
4f7abf91.jpg

He loves to explore the coffee table, not sure why
802855e6.jpg

I did not put him like this, lol. I should have entered it in this months photo competition!
P1010388.jpg

Him still being really mad from the vet's visit the night before. He looked so hilarious, all puffed up with the black beard. I started petting him and he deflated while managing to look confused.
grumpy.jpg

Just looking cute. This was right around when he stopped eating about a month ago.
P1010334.jpg

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I hope everyone had a good Christmas! Ours was great, and now after dinner we're just winding down and hanging out. I wanted to share this pic Jess texted me because it's just so darn cute ;)

mms95picture_zpsb9c8d70c.jpg

I just love how Scully is peering distrustfully at the camera while Daedalus looks like she's mid kiss. Apparently they've been teasing the hell out of Duds, those little vixens ;)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That is a cute pic if I've ever seen one. I'm glad they're having fun at Jess's and I'll bet they're teasing Duds alot! So funny!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Haha, I'm glad you liked the picture so much! :) They are being so naughty towards Dudley. I fear that any attempt at a group picture may result in babies at this point Lol!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jess":wihl946i said:
Haha, I'm glad you liked the picture so much! :) They are being so naughty towards Dudley. I fear that any attempt at a group picture may result in babies at this point Lol!
Oh boy, sounds like Dud is going to make Daeds drop some eggs pretty soon, lol! You'll just have to wait until they're sleepy for a group pic I guess! Looks like Sarth is being a brat too. You must have your hands full :D

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hello all! It's been quite a hectic last couple weeks, but we're finally more or less moved into the new place! The dragons are set up in our family room - I've got Sarth's tank on the floor with Daed's on top, then Scully adjacent to them.
It's taking Sarth a bit to adjust being on the floor, for the first few days he would bask but with his gut sucked in everytime one of us walked by. I've left his slider open so he's been able to explore a bit and I visit and take him out a lot, so I think he's gotten used to it. At least he doesn't keep his gut sucked in anymore!
Daedalus is fine as usual. I picked up some hornworms from TCR when we got back from CA and those lasted until last weekend. Ever since I've ran out Scully had been off of her food a bit, and I'm not sure if it's relocation stress, the fact that she can see Daedalus now, or that she's eye level with the upper part of our dining room, or if she's just being picky because she wants hornworms and not roaches, which she's never had an issue with before. She's eaten a dozen or so roaches this week, some days she eats all of her collards, and the last couple days only a bite or two.
Her and Daeds tanks don't seem quite as warm as they should be, so I purchased 2 of the basking domes with the dimmer switches and 100w bulbs to replace the 75w. Those should get here next Wednesday, and I also think I'm going to purchase a desert type background for Scully's tank and cover the back and sides, maybe that will help her feel a bit more secure.

Anyway besides those little issues everyone is fine. Sarth was being ravenous about the horns so I might have to order some more until he decides not to turn his nose up at roaches :roll: Not the best way to do that I know but he needs to get a bit of weight back on so his head doesn't look so huge, lol.

I have a handful of new year's pics and a few of the new place. Enjoy!

I got Scully the same hide as Sarth since Jess said she had been using it while she was babysitting. Looks like she approves! And now she doesn't have to try and squeeze her gut into a too small log.
2013-01-02_17-54-35_73.jpg

Riding in the car. I think this might be one of Scully's favorite things to do. She always has to be up somewhere so she can see out the windows.
2012-12-31_15-29-42_339.jpg

2013-01-01_15-28-31_123.jpg

She decided to go to the backseat with Guinness for a bit :lol:
2012-12-31_15-41-45_700.jpg

Sitting in my lap in the car. They weren't bad on the way up really, but on the way back both of them would not sit still pretty much the entire time! It was constant trying to jump on the floor, on the dash, on my husband, the window. If I tried to cover them up to calm them down they just wriggled out of the blanket!
2012-12-31_16-03-04_438.jpg

New Year's day I had both girls out and they had a great time running the cabin together. Here they are perched on top of the couch so they can watch what's going on in the dining room on the other side.
2013-01-01_13-45-14_979.jpg

Probably one of our favorite things about the new house (besides the size obviously) is the gas fireplace. We've been running it pretty much every day! It gets nice and toasty so I put the lizard pillow there and let them bask under it - they love it! If it's not sleepy time they'll sit up and look so majestic ;)
2013-01-08_20-27-40_141.jpg

Sarth gets the pillow all to himself
2013-01-08_14-07-39_791.jpg

And here's the new tank set up! You can see Sarth glaring up at me cause I just put him back in his tank. He was not pleased.
2013-01-08_13-47-01_641.jpg

Thanks for looking!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ashleydmj":2p59xm03 said:
Did you build the bottom enclosure? :)
Hi Ashley - no I didn't, a friend of a member here built it for me and shipped it to me. I did some reading on how to build them but my husband wasn't willing and I couldn't have done it by myself! Someday when I'm rich I hope to have one of those 3 tiered ones, but we'll see when that happens ;)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks for the great pics, glad Jess managed with the babysitting. I'm used to having 4 dragons to care for but it's alot of work! So glad you had a good vacation and holiday and that you've gotten moved into your new place. You might be right about the side and back of Scully's tank, having those covered would probably help her feel more comfy. I really like that fireplace and so do your crew, I can tell. What a lovely addition to your new house!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Your new place looks awesome! Can't wait to see it next time you take Dudley! :) I bet it's a relief that everyone is settled in now. They all look pretty happy by the fire place LOL.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes we all love the fireplace, lol! Especially on days like today when it's 10 degrees out!

I just had a failed photo shoot with the gang - I have a frame with 2 slots that I'd like to put 1 of all 3 lizards in and 1 of the dog. It has wedding pics in it right now since we got it as a wedding present but since it says "Our Home" on it I thought the pets would make more sense. Anyway, I set the two girls up on the top of the couch and got the camera ready, then quick grabbed Sarth and set him by Scully while Nate tried to take the pic. Scully immediately started bobbing at Sarth and about 10 seconds later he started flipping out and went into kill mode :p So I set him on the ground and he immediately sprinted over to Guinness's rabbit and started mauling it. Now he's looking sweet and innocent sitting under my monitor :roll:

Maybe I'll go with my original idea and do a small canvas print of each of them and just hang them vertically, lol.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sarth sounds like my guys, only they wouldn't have gone into "kill" mode, that's just with each other, they would have gone into "breed" mode immediately :lol: Poor Sarth, he just has to get along better with your girls "not". Guess it'll never happen. Having their pics vertically in that frame sounds great as I don't think you'll ever get Sarth to calm down with the girls there. Oh well, males!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well it's been awhile since I've updated. We've just been busy with the house and getting settled, plus we took a 4 day vacation up to Lake Superior for a little R&R!

The crew is good. I took Scully up north with me, she did well and even got some snow pics in! I'll post those below!

Speaking of Scully, she'll be turning 10 months old in a few days, and I think she's starting to go through puberty :p The last couple days she has been head bobbing up a storm at Daedalus. Daedalus seems confused by this and has only bearded back once. I looked under Scully's tail just to be sure but I believe she is still female, lol! Right now Scully is running along the top of the couch bobbing her head with a little half black beard. She sure looks cute! She's becoming a big girl, 18.5 inches long and almost 700 grams!

Daeds is still her usual self, leg is doing ok. She has been more into her greens lately while conversely Scully, who always scarfed them, has lost interest :| So I'm not sure what the deal with that is.

Sarth has been in an interesting mood lately as well. He's only eaten a couple horn worms and some salad since we've moved, but hasn't lost any weight, so I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not. He basks and his fat pads and tail are nice and thick so I don't think I'll worry too much. His appetite should pick up later in the year when it warms up. He has been crazy though, he knows the girls are around so when I let him out he runs around like crazy. Last night he started attacking my sock while it was on my foot! I picked him up and held him against my chest and he was puff-breathing pretty loud. He calmed down pretty quick but I feel bad for him, poor little guy.

Anyway, here are the Scully snow pics! (except for the first one)

Cuddling by the fire
IMG_20130114_184613.jpg

Heading up north
P1010845_zps25b1fc7b.jpg

Hanging on the couch with our friend's pup Fletcher
P1010867_zps4ee41e53.jpg

I brought our good camera so I got some nice close ups :D
P1010890_zpsa48dbde5.jpg

P1010892_zpse8b67348.jpg

Getting ready to go out! Look how big she is on my shoulder, lol :p
P1010896_zpsdda65379.jpg

By the lake
P1010897_zpsb257f035.jpg

P1010898_zpsd490a703.jpg

Perched on a rock
P1010902_zps5aad5b8d.jpg

On a snowy log, complete with photobomb from our friend's dog.
P1010904_zpse373440d.jpg

P1010905_zpsb84f01df.jpg

My fav!
P1010906_zps74f352e4.jpg

Warm up time!
P1010908_zps3b4bf339.jpg

That's all for now! :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, Scully is a snow dragon! I'm surprised she didn't get cold, but with you around to pop her in your coat, that must have warmed her up just fine. I can't believe how big she is, but she's not got alot of more growing to do, still she's a good size!

Isn't that funny about the bobbing, but females will bob other females and males, she must think it's spring fever time :lol: And the not eating greens, don't know what that's about at all, been hearing alot of that, hopefully she'll get back to eating them soon.

Glad Daeds and Sarth are doing well, too. I don't get the not eating and not losing weight, maybe he's still sort of brumating?

Glad you're enjoying your new home, more room for everyone!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It is very strange - last Sunday we ended up moving Sarth into the computer room. I think he was just too stressed being on the ground and knowing the girls were right by him. After a few days he started eating his greens and I gave him the last couple horns which he gobbled right up - he seems to be doing much better now! Scully and Daeds are also back to eating their greens, and they have no qualms about eating roaches again.

Scully is still being a b though. I had to tape up the sides of her tank so she couldn't easily see Daeds. They seem to be ok together when it's in the evening or if they're on top of the couch looking out the window. But I just had a couple instances where I was setting Daeds by the fire with Scully and Scully tried to bite her :/ I really hope this is just a puberty thing that Scully is going through and she'll get over it soon, or I'm not going to be able to bring them places together :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
No, it's probably not a puberty thing, I found my girls were ok as babies but once they got near adulthood, the fighting started so I couldn't have them out together much either. You might have to get used to this, Scully wants be the dominate one & that's how they react, even females.

I'm glad Sarth is feeling better in the computer room, now he has his own little kingdom without other dragons butting in so to speak :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom