Sarth, Daeds, & Starling **5/28 First Camping Trip Pics!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would post some pics of Sarth...even though he hasn't been eating very well the past month he still finds every opportunity to be cute! I think I might just keep adding pics to this thread along with my blog, we will see!

The most recent ones are at the top.

I thought this was adorable...he was kind of lounging against the glass, looking at me like "what?!"
P1010416.jpg

Just trying out a close-up of his face...it's hard to get good pics during the weekdays when the sun is going down by the time I get home
P1010415.jpg

Scoping out his rearranged tank
P1010413.jpg

Morning stretches, as usual :)
P1010408.jpg

Him looking *really* grumpy sitting in the sun on the back of our recliner. And I put his tail like that, lol
P1010403.jpg

My husband took this :roll:
P1010399.jpg

A rare shot of him actually eating his salad
P1010397.jpg

Watching Glee with me!
4f7abf91.jpg

He loves to explore the coffee table, not sure why
802855e6.jpg

I did not put him like this, lol. I should have entered it in this months photo competition!
P1010388.jpg

Him still being really mad from the vet's visit the night before. He looked so hilarious, all puffed up with the black beard. I started petting him and he deflated while managing to look confused.
grumpy.jpg

Just looking cute. This was right around when he stopped eating about a month ago.
P1010334.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Now THAT is a stink-eye, boy was Scully not pleased to see Daeds sharing her new tank & the hammock. Your girls are so funny, I loved the retaliation photo! I'm glad you got the cabinet in, it's really nice and it is great to have all that extra storage space. Bet you're looking forward to after you've moved in Feb (moving is never any fun) to have more room. I have 630sq ft, it's fine for 1 person, but that space shrinks with 6 tanks in it!

Thanks for the photos!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Relwarc":20yxzicd said:
Love the name! Ha! I've been seeing a few names from the same Genre! Mine is named Thrall!
Thanks! I thought I was being all original, away from every other dragon named Spike, Yoshi, Bowser, Puff, etc. Then I saw some people with Onyxia, Nefarian, Malygos...so much for that idea :roll:

Sarth is still off in lala land. He will open his eyes every so often but for the most part he stays asleep. I noticed everyday he scooches a liiiiiittle further forward in his hide. When he started he was in the back, now his face is resting on the little windowsill. I think maybe he doesn't want to be completely removed just yet, I'm surprised he hasn't buried himself! I have all of his lights except the basking off (which is on the opposite side from his hide) and he seems to like that.

Daedalus is off the baytril finally and seems to be doing well. She's been sprinting around on the ground like no one's business so her leg must not be bothering her right now, I love seeing her in such good spirits!

A hilarious story from this morning I just have to share. I got a breakfast sandwich this morning which has a base layer of scrambled egg. I always save a piece or two for Daeds because she LOVES eggs. So I had the girls out on the couch and they were sitting on opposite sides, and I was offering a small piece of egg to Scully. I see Daedalus tilt her head, then all of the sudden she ZOOMS over the couch and almost tramples Scully in an effort to take the egg piece from my hand. It was so funny, I could not stop laughing :lol: So needless to say I gave her the rest!
Oh but it doesn't end there, about 4 hours later I put a few supers in the metal bowl I feed Scully out of. Same exact scenario happens, except this time I restrained Daedles so that Scully could actually eat! Silly girls :roll:

Anyway that's my story, now here are some pics from the last few days!

A rare awake moment. He looks soooo sleepy! Usually if he does this I'll reach over and pet him and he falls right back asleep.
2012-09-29133929.jpg

Conked out again!
2012-09-29013851.jpg

A really cool instagram pic of Scully from a dig session. I didn't even know she had the squiggle down her back. I love it!
squiggle-1.jpg

It's been warm this week so the girls have been able to go outside again. Scully has some impressive colors in the sunlight.
2012-09-29153425.jpg

Passed out in my Broncos beanie :roll:
2012-09-26202058.jpg

I just love this picture. It's the perfect combination of hilarious and pathetic. Look at her expression! She got stuck there after attempting to jump into Daedle's tank.
2012-09-28182457.jpg

The girls enjoying the sun this afternoon through their favorite perch
2012-09-29111842.jpg

Thanks for looking!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That pic of Sarth looking out his little window, then passing out, is priceless. And the story about Daeds plowing over Scully to get the egg is so funny! :lol: Guess she feels entitled, being the older girl. Loved all the pics, too, Guess Scully got into a position she couldn't get out of :lol: bet she was glad to be rescued. Glad they have a place to look out, they love seeing outside, my crew don't have a chance unless I pick them up to see over the balcony & they all don't like it, they like their feet on the ground thank you! :lol:
I'm so glad Daeds is running around with n pain in her joint, does this mean the infection is gone & won't come back? Do you take her back to the vet in awhile to have her checked? It sounds great!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3h1fvxy2 said:
That pic of Sarth looking out his little window, then passing out, is priceless. And the story about Daeds plowing over Scully to get the egg is so funny! :lol: Guess she feels entitled, being the older girl. Loved all the pics, too, Guess Scully got into a position she couldn't get out of :lol: bet she was glad to be rescued. Glad they have a place to look out, they love seeing outside, my crew don't have a chance unless I pick them up to see over the balcony & they all don't like it, they like their feet on the ground thank you! :lol:
I'm so glad Daeds is running around with n pain in her joint, does this mean the infection is gone & won't come back? Do you take her back to the vet in awhile to have her checked? It sounds great!
For now I will probably just keep giving Daeds the serrapeptase when it looks like her leg is bothering her. It's been fine so far so hopefully that means the infection is gone :D

We had our last warm day last week :( So I got the girls out for about 20 minutes after work before the sun was completely gone. Poor things, from now on all they'll get to do is look out the window!

A cute pic of them both looking at something...probably an airplane or bird!
2012-10-03170858.jpg

Scully wants some of my iced coffee!
2012-10-03171218.jpg

Scully uses Daedalus as a platform to catch more of the sun
2012-10-03171821.jpg

Evil eye from Daedalus - why are you sitting on me?!
2012-10-03171901.jpg

I made some space on the desk in our office for the girls' blankie. It's the warmest room in the house due to our computers and the nights have been hovering around 68, so I want to make sure they're warm. Scully had a little bit of a spaz session when I brought them in there and was opening her mouth at Daeds, who of course was sitting there oblivious. I think the new room unsettled her a bit, she is fine now though.

A displeased Scully
2012-10-08180837.jpg

They settle in pretty quick though :p
2012-10-08181805.jpg

I had Sarth out on Sunday to give him a bath and drink. His basking light burnt out so I put him in Scully's tank and he had a good long bask and a hornworm treat. He isn't used to being in a glass tank though so he was doing a lot of bearding at himself :lol: Now he's tucked away again, occasionally opening his eyes to peep at us, that's about it though.

The girls are loving the hornworms. I don't get them often cause they're so pricey but Mulberry farms had a buy 2 get one free deal that I went for. Daedalus is about as crazy for them as she is for eggs. I need to get a video of her running across the living room to get one! Oh speaking of, here is a pic from this afternoon. Typical Daeds wondering where her food is :roll:
2012-10-09122056.jpg

Anyway that's about it! I ordered two halloween bandanas for the girls...so pics of those when they get here :mrgreen:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's great that Daeds is doing so well on her leg, hopefully that does mean the infection is gone. Serrapeptase is great stuff, I give it to Lonzo almost every day (sometimes I run out of time) and it seems to give him energy, plus I take it, too, for arthritis & it seems to work.

That's so funny that Sarth is still peeking out, glad he had a bath & a hornworm, I'll have to see about getting some in in the spring, I know beardies love them, and I know they're expensive. But it would be fun to see the looks on my boys' faces when they see these funny worms! Scully is full of energy still, I can see, the pics are all great. But I can agree with you, the nights are getting chilly. I'm starting to think I've got to set up the CHE in Gabriel's tank. It's in my bedroom & I have to have the window open to sleep, I've just been checking his body temps when I get home to make sure he doesn't get below 75F, but the nights are getting much cooler. Rubio & Didi are sound asleep but I know they need to do a last poop before I let them sleep for longer periods, so will wake them both up Friday am to get that done over the weekend, then they can sleep as long as they want. Rubio slept for 3 mo straight last year! Didi, not that long but close. It sure is funny to have a quiet house, I'm hoping Lonzo doesn't sleep this winter as his lung still isn't functioning very well, so I'll see, he's still awake all day. Leo & Gabriel are slowing down, not eating as much, sleeping earlier in the afternoon, but no brumation as of yet.

So does Daeds brumate? I would think Scully's still too young, hopefully, at least just slowing down on food & sleeping earlier, that makes for a better winter. I'll hate it if all of my boys sleep for months at a time, too quiet!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
As far as I can tell Daeds doesn't brumate. She didn't last year, or the year before with her previous owner. Sometimes she'll skulk under her log but she always comes back out the same day. Honestly I think she loves eating too much to go to sleep for months with no food, lol!
Scully is still active too. She just turned 6 months last week so too young for that, but maybe I'll get lucky next year and she'll stay awake. I'm glad I have at least one active lizard during the cold days! Although last year Sarth did wake up early November...so it wasn't too bad being without him!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So the girls got their bandanas on Friday :mrgreen: I went with the large because both their necks were about half an inch bigger than the regular size, lol. They're a little too big, but if I flip the corners up where they clasp they fit pretty well. I'll post a couple of the good ones and link the album if you want to see more (I'll be adding to it around Halloween).

P1010762_zps482bd405.jpg

2012-10-14_16-32-30_315.jpg

2012-10-14_16-34-21_207.jpg

Album link: http://s31.beta.photobucket.com/user/Verlorenkoh/library/Halloween%20Dragons

The girls have been major piggies lately with the horn worms and butternut squash. I finally got wise and ran the cubed stuff I bought through the grater on my stand mixer instead of doing it by hand :roll: They're cut so fine it turned into more of a mush, that's ok though, the girls love it, especially when I let them lick it off my fingers :)

Daedalus mesmerized by all the squash
2012-10-11171406_zps323095ec.jpg

Sarth has been opening and closing his eyes on and off today. He looks so cozy tucked in his hide!
2012-10-14_15-46-09_278.jpg

Anyway, that's all for now! I think for Halloween this year Nate and I are going to be Hogwarts students since he bought a couple wands from Universal when he was in Orlando a few months ago. I'm planning on having Scully be my familiar, lol :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The bandanas are really nice, just in time for Hallowwen. I just love Sarth's hide & that he can look out the "window", guess he's not sleeping alot yet? I got Rubio up because I knew there was a poop in his belly & after 3 days of baths & a bunch of pumpkin yesterday, he pooped in the bath! I couldn't believe it, it's the 2nd time in his life that he's done that! But at least he's ok to sleep now & I won't worry about any problems with his digestive system. Didi, on the other hand, has become more awake, so he's eating again & is now watching himself in the patio window & watching TV. Don't know what it is that he's sound asleep for days on end, get him up & he's now wide awake! You just never know!

You two are going to look great for Halloween, is this just to dress up for the kids that come to the door, or are you going to a party. Having Scully as a familiar will just be the topping on the cake!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The bandanas are just for the parties, we live off of the main road with no sidewalks so we haven't ever gotten trick or treaters, which is fine since we're usually not home anyway.
It's been awhile since an update so I'll try and keep this short and pic filled! We took Scully to our friend's halloween party this weekend and she did great!

2012-10-25_20-08-43_709.jpg

Poof!
2012-10-27200544.jpg

She tuckered out around midnight so I wrapped her up in my scarf
2012-10-27225419.jpg

We didn't bring Daeds this time, but we're bringing both to my in-laws tomorrow for dinner, then gather around a firepit outside while the trick or treaters come, I'll have the girls on my lap so they'll be nice and toasty.

Daedalus's leg is still functioning fine it seems. She still runs around a fair amount and I haven't seen any limping like when I was bringing her to the vet. I know her hip won't heal but fingers crossed that it won't bother her anymore!

So Sarth was awake-ish for a couple days! I came in the room one afternoon and he had just walked out of his hide, so I made him bask, then brought him out so he could sit in the sun with the girls. Boy he did not enjoy that at first, lots of puffing and bearding! After about 10 minutes of pets from me though he actually calmed down and allowed the girls to be near him without drama. Scully actually ran right by him a couple times and he didn't even jump. Maybe he was still shell shocked from sleeping? :lol: He's back to dozing now behind his log.
2012-10-27152451.jpg

Well that's pretty much everything that's been going on with the gang. I ran out of horns so the girls are back to pounding down roaches like no tomorrow. So glad they're not picky!
Here's a few more random pics. Thanks for looking!

Scully wanted to be an ostrich for Halloween
2012-10-25_21-27-31_28.jpg

Sarth soaking up some UV from the top of his branch before he went back to sleep
2012-10-25_13-11-11_264.jpg

A couple more of the crew:
P1010766.jpg

P1010765.jpg

And Scully just a bit ago getting some kisses from Guinness :love5:
P1010769.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad to hear Sarth was up for awhile & he must have still been 1/2 asleep to let the girls get so close to him, great pics, every one of them. Glad Scully enjoyed her evening out, she sure looked comfy in that scarf. Have a great time tonight, and thanks for all the great pics. I'm so glad that Daeds isn't having trouble with her leg, that's such great news!

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Great pictures! Scully is beautiful, her ostrich impression is awesome. I am so jealous, I wish my beardies could all hang out together.

-Kaleen

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
FranktheTank":3r32tnie said:
Great pictures! Scully is beautiful, her ostrich impression is awesome. I am so jealous, I wish my beardies could all hang out together.

-Kaleen
Hehe thanks! My girls are great together, Sarth is usually a macho man though and likes to do a lot of puffing and bobbing at them normally, and they wave and bob back. Heck, he puffs at himself in the bathroom mirror alllll the time! He thinks he's such a tough guy ^_^

Well we're up at the cabin today for my aunt-in-law's birthday. Didn't bring any dragons since it's just for a few hours, but we did bring Scully's old 30 gallon tank and got that set up for next time (Thanksgiving). Now the girls can stay in there instead of having to be in a big plastic tub, lol.

Everyone got baths a couple days ago, including Sartharion who was quite thirsty. I'm keeping tabs on his weight and he's been in the 460's pretty steadily without any changes, so that's good. He's still in and out of sleep but doesn't seem willing to go deep or wake up fully, and generally wants nothing to do with basking. He did puff himself up pretty good after his bath but it was right back to sleep after that.

Other than that everyone is great still. Scully is 7 months old now and 18 inches long. Not 100% on weight but definitely over 600 grams. She hasn't shed since August besides one of her nostrils. Looking her over I think her tail might be next, it's hard to tell though, her colors are all so bright still!

Anyway here are a few new pics!

Sarth loving his tasty bath water
2012-11-08170252.jpg

Sculls doing some morning puffers
2012-11-06072004.jpg

Both Scully and Sarth love to watch TV with us. Here's Scully watching Breaking Bad with us. She scootched from my lap to my ankles for a better view :lol:
2012-11-04132224.jpg

Scully isn't pleased that Daeds decided to use her as a perch
2012-11-04115633.jpg

My girls enjoying the fire on Halloween. I would warm my scarf up with the fire and then wrap them up in it, kept them nice and toasty!
2012-10-31194123.jpg

Will have more pics on Thanksgiving I'm sure! :)

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
FranktheTank":2ckoq67d said:
I can't wait till Thanksgiving to see more pics of the girls and Sarth!

-Kaleen
Well Sarth probably won't come cause he's still sleeping, hehe. The girls will come and have a good time though. Daedalus is going to flip, she's going to get turkey, which she loves, although Scully isn't a fan. They'll both get lots of pumpkin, sweet potato, and green beans though :)

The girls got early Christmas presents! Daedalus hasn't had a hammock of her own but she loves them, so I ordered both her and Scully matching hammocks and cozy loungers. Scully's old hammock will go up to their tank in the cabin, and Daed's old basking platform (I had to take it out because it's too tall for the hammock) will go too, so they'll have a nice home away from home.

Anyway here are some new pics!

Girls enjoying the noontime sun for a bit while I'm home from lunch
2012-11-14125723.jpg

Scully's new friend. It eventually wandered into her food bowl and perished, lol. She didn't eat it, I think the calcium powder crispped it up though.
2012-11-15183427.jpg

Climbing up my arm to say hi. She loves her mommy :)
2012-11-16175248.jpg

Her new presents! Can you tell she's cozy?
2012-11-17151132.jpg

Daeds loving up her new hammock
2012-11-17155558.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom