Routines…

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I want to start a daily routine for my boy, any advice? I want him to learn to eat his salad before he gets his live feeders and I want him to learn to poo before snuggle time, how should I go about this? What else should I make a priority?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I want to start a daily routine for my boy, any advice? I want him to learn to eat his salad before he gets his live feeders and I want him to learn to poo before snuggle time, how should I go about this? What else should I make a priority?
How does he usually go to the bathroom- in the bath in a certain spot in the tank ? Outside the tank? Feed the salad first thing of the day

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
How does he usually go to the bathroom- in the bath in a certain spot in the tank ? Outside the tank? Feed the salad first thing of the day
Usually once every two days atm, as he is eating a 50/50 ratio of feeders and salad. He doesn’t have a general location of choice, mostly on the substrate (which is good for me because it is easier to clean than his hides!) He will poo during baths or when. I have him out of his tank if he hasn’t pooped beforehand, if he poops outside of his tank it is because I took him out at the wrong time.

I already began feeding salads first, he eats about half before I give him bugs because I’m busy during the day and running out of time.

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Is it an adult? If not feed bugs daily (as much as he will eat in a 10-15 minute period) and put a salad in there first thing and leave it in there till night time. If it is a adult, feed bugs 1-2 times a week (as much as he will eat in a 10-15 minute period) and put salad in daily.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Is it an adult? If not feed bugs daily (as much as he will eat in a 10-15 minute period) and put a salad in there first thing and leave it in there till night time. If it is an adult, feed bugs 1-2 times a week (as much as he will eat in a 10-15 minute period) and put salad in daily.
He is 7 months old, he still gets bugs daily but I want him to learn that after he eats his salad (or at least a bit of it) before he gets live feeders. I’m only doing this because he is nearing his diet transition age so I want to prepare him for the sudden change.

He eats 30 crickets a day and several (30+) Phoenix worms per day, with additional calcium and multivitamin supplements as needed (calci 5x a week, multi 2x a week). He also eats his entire salad (collard greens, kale, a rotation of squashes and dandelion).

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
He is 7 months old, he still gets bugs daily but I want him to learn that after he eats his salad (or at least a bit of it) before he gets live feeders. I’m only doing this because he is nearing his diet transition age so I want to prepare him for the sudden change.

He eats 30 crickets a day and several (30+) Phoenix worms per day, with additional calcium and multivitamin supplements as needed (calci 5x a week, multi 2x a week). He also eats his entire salad (collard greens, kale, a rotation of squashes and dandelion).
I’d o go ahead and start feeding once a day and as much as he will eat in a 10-15 minute period.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I’d o go ahead and start feeding once a day and as much as he will eat in a 10-15 minute period.
I had to put him on a diet, actually. I did that method of feeding as much as he can eat within a 10 minute period but he ended up become overweight.

I just think… that’s a lot of bugs for a 7 month old, my boy’s growth has slowed a lot lately as he is nearly full size (roughly 20” atm). He’s began to fill out.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom