Romaine Lettuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan4L

I have to feed my beardie but I don't have any other greens in the house but Romaine lettuce is it okay for me to feed my beardie Romaine lettuce just for tomorrow?

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
for one day i'd think it would be ok. it's not on the questionable or never category on the site that is usually recommended around here. Nutrition Content

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Romaine is fine. It's actually a myth that it has no/little nutrients. Romaine has plenty of nutrients. Not as densely packed as other greens, but still a fine addition for a varied diet.

-Brandon

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
I use it as one of my rotating staples for greens. Iceberg is really what gives lettuce its bad reputation as it is mostly water with very little in the way of actual nutrition, but even it has a place in hydrating a severely dehydrated dragon or helping with constipation due to the high water content. As far as lettuce goes, romaine is one of the most nutrient dense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom