roach chow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steph2one11

Hatchling Member
Can I make roach chow out of wellness core dog food fish flavor... or can it be just beardie pellets, calcium powder, and citrus powder.

I really need to know my roaches havent had food in like 5 days.

Thank you :)

KDK241

Hatchling Member
You can make roach chow out of pretty much anything you want :) I just throw a bunch of stuff in the food processor and give it to them. Sometimes its dog food, sometimes cat food, a little oatmeal, fish food...then I toss in the leftover salad that my beardies didn't finish that day.

Buckmaster299

Hatchling Member
be careful using calcium in your chow. I read somewhere that when crickets are fed calcium alot they become britle. I think it may be the same for roaches i'm not sure. I hope someone else reads this and confirms what I am thinking. but as for roach chow you can use pretty much anything. I use 2 different chows. one i load up with chereos and kitten food from purina i'll throw some dragon pellets in and just a pinch of tang for the sugar factor(i learned this the hard way, I had cracked out roaches for about 3 days b/c i gave them too much). In my other batch of chow, I use the kitten food also, i'll throw some fish food in there, apple jacks or some other cereal that I have laying around and then i'll tear off some sort of green that I am currently feeding my beardie and lay it in cage for them to knaw on just to give them something different. roaches are not very picky but I have noticed that they have favorite foods such as oranges, and certain cereals. Honey nut cherrioes they would fight over when I was feeding it. Just a thought. I hope this helps. Whatever you do feed them, make sure that they are getting plenty of protein or they will start eating each other. had this hapen and I had to switch to kitten food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom