Sweet Boy Maya

noella5088

Juvie Member
I usually update more often. But, I was focused on real life matters involving some issues outside and inside my house. I have discovered a great cleaner for dirt, grease, grime, mold, etc. I had an uptick of energy these past few weeks due to having new glasses. I can spot things that were hidden and I didn't feel the need to sleep.
As for Maya's front legs? They're regaining their strength. (Even with flareups.) He put both of them back tonight while asleep. Soaking therapy is helping, 3 times a week. He has drank some of the water in his bath. I have it to where he doesn't aspirate and it's frequently slowly being drained. He's also monitored while in his bath.
He runs around his tank.
He also climbs up on his hind legs, trying to get out. He's able to get down and up from the hammock and cushions underneath the hammock. He has eaten on his own twice. Just a little.

He's on mustard greens now as he decided that he's tired of dandelion greens. I'm proud of him. No food powders. Milk Thistle Powder, kidney powder, calcium, and multivitamin are sprinkled on. So is his bee pollen.

This is not a current photo of him. This was months ago when I was feeding him 'baby-food'. So, no baby food or purees is being given. He has come a long way. Very hydrated. Very happy.

Attachments

• handfeeding2.jpg
    handfeeding2.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 60

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I don't want to jinx him because one week, he'll be alright. Then the next, he'll be achy.
I worry about running into RI's with his baths three times a week. But, the soaking helps his limbs a lot and he swims around in the tub.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Just make sure there is a place for him to reach the bottom. They use the same muscle group to walk and to breathe. They can't do both at once.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom