RIP Loiosh, Sept 7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Evelynn, that was very sweet of you. I have alot of reading to do. Loiosh is still the same but is eating "care" and baby squash. She slept all night without one spasm, but they start up again once I start feeding her. So I'm trying to give her something every hour or so, gives her a rest in between. Today was a surprise, only Sweetie woke up; Leo, Lonzo, Rubio and Didi are sound asleep!

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks everyone, for your prayers and good wishes,

Deb

Monkey

Juvie Member
I do suspect it is closer of what I sent in the email than anything, cause that thyroid hormone regulates the calcium levels so I truly suspect its underactive. Which would probably explain why she only gets semi spastic cause since you give the CC you make up for some of it as long as she's passive but when she gets active she gets the symptom of hypercalcemia so basiccaly the CC is like a life support at this point. But if you can get the thyroid to function with the medicin then she should be improving soon enough. If it is what I suspect. I hope it is cause then it's kinda an easy fix. Keeping you in my thoughts girl!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I'm going to get to that reading, Loiosh just pooped, loose but just dragon poop and a good urate. She's taken "care" in twice today but with alot of spasms to go with it. This explains alot, I'll let my vet know tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted. She's still breathing but with no movement but lifting her head and looking at me. I think she knows I'm there to help her as much as I can.

Our boys, Lonzo, Leo, Rubio and Didi have not gotten up yet. Guess brumation is taking hold.

Loiosh, no matter what, won't be brumating this winter, she'll be getting constant food that she can process every day. She's losing weight still.

Thanks again for your help
Deb

Monkey

Juvie Member
You are so welcome, I just hope I am on to something so she can get better.
Its so awfull when we do not know what is going on at all inside of them :(
Keeping fingers crossed, can't wait to see what the vet will say tomorrow!

Monkey

Juvie Member
Well I am hoping that no news is good news in this case. and yes I am basically camping on this thread.
fingers crossed for tomorrow!!!!
Don't forget to bring that other vets number in the article, he might be able to help as well if needed.
*BIG HUGS*

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I wanted to thank everyone who tried to help, especially you Evelynn, but Loiosh lost the fight today. I think she was just so worn out after days of spasms. She was 6 yrs old when she passed. I've let her owner know, as we were fostering her. I think whatever was wrong had been wrong for awhile, but beardies tend to not show if there's something wrong until they're too sick to continue. She & I and our vet tried for 2 weeks to discover what the real issue was. She'll be buried with our babies, close by, so we can visit. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, it's just too sad.

Thanks again,
Deb

Monkey

Juvie Member
:( I am so sorry, I was hoping so much that the info would get her better.
Poor girl, you did all you could.
My thoughts goes to you and her owner she must be so heartbroken.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Oh no, I am so sorry! I know that you did your best for her. How is her mommy taking it, being so far away?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Deb, I am so sorry to hear that Loiosh didn't make it. :( I know you were doing everything possible for her in trying to figure this out. You are probably right though about her being sick for some time and not showing any signs. They are so good at hiding these things from us.
It is too bad that this had to happen while she was in your care. You did a great job with her and Loiosh is no longer suffering.
That is nice that she will be buried with your other babies. You are a wonderful person Deb. :D

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
aww reading all this i was siting here crying im sooo sorry you lost her Im glad the last thing she new was you as a caring and very resposible person. You tried your hardest and thats all she wanted.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks everyone, we heard from Loiosh's owner Nicole, she's in Japan, so it's harder for her to accept long distance. I'm glad I was able to take a lovely picture of her and send to her mom. We're going to bury her beside our babies and because Loiosh loved ferns, we'll find a nice one from close by and add it as her grave marker.

Thanks again,
Deb

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I posted on your other thread, but again I am sorry I can imagine how Nicole feels and you, also. Loiosh was in your care until Nicole could come back. Again, I say this wasn't your fault, If she could have been saved, you would have done it. It's just hard to loose a beardie, whether it's your's or just a foster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom