QueenJay

For a long while, I will hear a "clicking" sound come from Nami, ONLY when she's out of her tank and with me. She will also breathe with her mouth open, majority of the time while she's basking in her tank or out in the sun. Once in a while she will "cough", which happens less than once a week.

Part of me suspects a possible respiratory infection but what has me confused is the fact she only does this stuff outside the tank, at certain times.
She has no other symptoms, she's alert, eating well, and will still run around when I have her out.

Humidity is mid 20s

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
For a long while, I will hear a "clicking" sound come from Nami, ONLY when she's out of her tank and with me. She will also breathe with her mouth open, majority of the time while she's basking in her tank or out in the sun. Once in a while she will "cough", which happens less than once a week.

Part of me suspects a possible respiratory infection but what has me confused is the fact she only does this stuff outside the tank, at certain times.
She has no other symptoms, she's alert, eating well, and will still run around when I have her out.

Humidity is mid 20s
Sounds like shes gaping which is adjusting her body temp- the clicking out side the tank is odd and only at certain times- RI's have other symptoms as well - discharge out of the nose extra saliva wheezing etc - make sure shes got good surface basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer 95-100 a good UVB NO coils please and I would try and get the humidity up a little bit if you can - that should be taken w a/ digital probe hygrometer - you can place a wet dish towel / cloth in the tank to bring it up 40-50 is optimal

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom