reptiles that don't require uv lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

strhunter2

Hatchling Member
ok so ive just finished building my small reptile rack (mostly for leopard gecoks) but i was wondering what are some other reptiles that dont require any uv light or basking lamps

thanks,
strhunter2

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Most snakes don't require UV lighting though most of the diurnal ones would need a basking light. Some of the nocturnal snakes would be okay with just an UTH with a hide over it, like ball pythons. Crested geckos/other geckos in the same family don't need a basking light or UV lighting but they need fairly large vertical caging. They like room temperatures and eat fairly simple diets too but they need a tropical humidity. If you're looking for something to add to the rack, snakes are probably the way to go. Just make sure they are secure so they don't get out and bother the geckos!

strhunter2

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks, forgot to mention tho... i cant bring snakes into the house unless i want to find a new place to live :(

Floof

Juvie Member
Well, how about African fat tail geckos? They're probably the best bet, for something you can put in the same rack as leopard geckos. Very similar care needs, they just need it a bit more humid and not quite as hot. They get a bit bigger, have a slightly different look, and, at least from what I've seen, are often more laid-back than Leopard geckos.

That's about all I can think of, though. Everything else has drastically different care requirements (i.e. crested geckos--too cool and arboreal to share a rack with leos), or are snakes...

Though there might be a couple, less common species of gecko that are close enough to leopard geckos to share the rack... Might find a good gecko forum and ask for suggestions there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom