Reptile Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
there were a couple at the Mile High Reptile Expo the end of January. One guy had turks and dubia and another was selling lobsters. their prices weren't that great but gave me a chance to experience turks which I found weren't a good alternative for me.

invictusrules

Juvie Member
I've seen roaches for sale at the Dixie Reptile Show in Birmingham, but not every month. I bought a huge bin of lobsters for $15 (giant mistake - they should have paid ME to take them) and some orangeheads for $10 (stinky guys). My original Dubias came at 50 cents apiece, and the seller only had a few - I've only seen them one time in 2 years. Most of the time, you can get a few hissers, but they're too cute to use as feeders. :wink:

I don't know what kind of shows there are in NC. I think Raleigh has some. Do a search for the next time. Honestly, though, you're better off ordering roaches than waiting for a show. The weather is warming up (ha - how'd you like that snow 2 weeks ago?!) and shipping shouldn't be a problem.

hartungs

Hatchling Member
I was just at the Northern Virginia Reptile Show last month and the only roaches they had were hissers.

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
I got 200 turks for $40 he was asking $25/100 I believe he had the same price on dubia. the guy with the lobsters I didn't even bother with asking. I was mostly looking for turks to see if they were a good addition as a feeder. but I got 2 lazy dragons and they didn't really like them well. great roach as they breed rather fast and seem much softer than dubia but they just didn't work for me. good thing I found someone that could use them.

clear

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Me and a friend is setting up a table at the Raleigh expo, thats why I was asking. Trying to see if my prices will be on par! Hopefully I will have roughly 3,000 dubia to sell and about 5,000 lateralis to sell at the expo. I will offer great prices because of no shipping!

invictusrules

Juvie Member
Wow. That's a lot of roaches! Wish I'd still be in the Raleigh area in May. Any chance you'll make it to Dixie (Birmingham) some month?

clear

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh wow, i thought you meant NC. Alabama is to far for me to drive for just a show! lol If you need roaches id be glad to ship them tho lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toothadash
Top Bottom