Repti-Carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I just got rid of my walnut shell substrate cuz of impaction risk. So I was wondering any 1 out the with repti-carpet could u give me some pointers on matiance, care, cleaning, and just everything I need to know to have puffs viv the best posible....ooo and don't say tile is better I no but I'm low on $$$ and I HAD to get rid of those walnut shells.

viral013

Hatchling Member
Ok I just got the Repti-carpet a week ago and it's awesome! You just cut it to the length you need and put it in. The reason I loved mine so much was because it fit like a glove and no crickets could sneak underneath it! For cleaning and maintenance just pick up the poohs and throw it in the washing machine after you shake off left over veggies and other small, hard to pick up debrie. It's easy and wonderful!

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
I use a combo of tile and carpet. The carpet is outdoor carpet from Lowes. It comes in 6 foot widths and I cut it to fit the v isiv. Then I place tile over it in places I want tile. I have some that are 16inches square and this is where I have their food dishes. The reptile carpet gets a bit expensive so that is why I use the outdoor carpet. I have enough to cover 4 vivs twice and it cost me only about $20. when they poop it is easily cleaned with a damp cloth and once a week I replace it and wash the dirty carpet. tile is easily cleaned by washing it in the sink. for a thorough cleaning just pop it in the dishwasher.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
repti carpet is pretty expensive.

i get 2' x 3' doormats from walmart for $4 each. very cheap compared to reptile carpet. its even better in my opinion; its got a ribbed texture, the bottom is rubber so the wet part of the poop wont seep through and they come in 3 different colors; green, black and blue.

here are some pics of the mats in use:

t2.jpg

t1.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

i think it looks great. when they poop on it and its pretty solid i just clean it off carefully and clean the spot with hydrogen peroxide and rinse. if its a really stinky nasty poop, i just throw the rug away and replace it... 4 bucks isnt chump change but i can afford to buy a new piece once every week or two. plus, if you use tile in you cage too it will cut down on messy carpet. i have tiled cages and when they make a mess on them i simply scrape off the poop and wash the individual tiles in hot water and antibacterial soap.

anyhow, hope that helps you save a few bucks :wink: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom