• 20230728_110331.jpg
    20230728_110331.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 99

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I was wondering earlier if he was aware of his missing digits, or if he was so young when it happened that he didn't realize the handicap. That kindda answers that, he still instinctively trys to use his back feet. It makes me sad for the little guy, but i know he is in a good home that will take care of him, so more an inconvenience than a handicap.
When i finally get babies, they will never be housed together just for that reason.

Consequently Sinatra has finally started holding his own with Snickers so crossing my fingers to have a clutch soon.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I was wondering earlier if he was aware of his missing digits, or if he was so young when it happened that he didn't realize the handicap. That kindda answers that, he still instinctively trys to use his back feet. It makes me sad for the little guy, but i know he is in a good home that will take care of him, so more an inconvenience than a handicap.
When i finally get babies, they will never be housed together just for that reason.

Consequently Sinatra has finally started holding his own with Snickers so crossing my fingers to have a clutch soon.
We think he was super young when it happened because he was like a month or so whenever he lost them. But he doesn't seem to miss them because he still runs and climbs like he still has them, which is great. We thought there would be issues with him being older and missing both of his back feet but he doesn't let it slow him down a bit.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He is a spunky lil dude i think 😁

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
He is a spunky lil dude i think 😁
Jeeeezzzzz he is. He used to be so skittish and submissive and stuff and he recently started acting like a big tough guy. Whenever he sees Toothless, he'll puff up, flick his tail, open his mouth and he'll halfway pancake out, turn his body and skitter across whatever he's on, like he's actually going to do something. Then he'll wave. Like whatπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
He's getting soooooo bigggggg 😭😭😭 he's an extra big baby. He clings really hard and since he doesn't have back feet, he can't grip with them and it's so cute that he desperately tries to cling with his back nubs, and so he'll press himself really hard to me when I hold him and it's so cute
I saw your thread "Nubby" and he was to tiny and now he's a big boy!!

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I saw your thread "Nubby" and he was to tiny and now he's a big boy!!
Isn't he.?!? He was so skinny and malnourished. The animal store doesn't take well enough care of their animals, they have too many and keep hiring stupid kids that don't do enough.

Anyway, both he and Dreki are soooo big. They're 5/6 months now and Dreki is literally 19 inches long and like 300g and Nubs is 17 inches long and also almost 300. It's so wild how they've grown, they're the sweetest babies ever.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I remember when I got mine they gave me a bunch of facts that injured my Beardies Health and now she's so small. My beardie also does this thing where after she eats Crickets or Hornworms she Waves and then eats more and Waves every time she eats oneπŸ˜‚ Beardies can be funny like that

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I remember when I got mine they gave me a bunch of facts that injured my Beardies Health and now she's so small. My beardie also does this thing where after she eats Crickets or Hornworms she Waves and then eats more and Waves every time she eats oneπŸ˜‚ Beardies can be funny like that
Toothless waved at his crickets when he was little too. It was so silly. We did a ton of research when we got ours and realized the pet stores give you bad info and made the decision to go by Google, especially how it says to feed them three to five times a day whatever they'll eat in a 5-10 minute timespan and I swear that contributed to making all four of ours grow into monsters.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. πŸ˜”
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom