Re: PeeWees Great Adventures, Pee's New Friend!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
As most of you know, PeeWee is one of Barbara's babies and he will be moving to Arizona to live with me and my boyfriend in his forever home. We are so excited, of course PeeWees house is all set up and ready to go. Unfortunately he's not coming till Tuesday morning because I'm having surgery tomorrow. It's outpatient so I should be home by early afternoon if all goes well. I figured I'll be too out of it to start his thread tomorrow so I'd better do it now. Barbara gave me his tracking number: 799014281261 she books through Ship Your Reptiles, so I'm not sure if PeeWee is coming FedEx or UPS. Once the affects of anesthesia ware off on Monday afternoon I'm sure I'll be checking every second and unable to sleep. I remember when Sunny was delivered she was here by 9:30am. PeeWee doesn't have too far to travel so I'd imagine he'd be here by 10:30am the latest. I hope a you all join me in his exciting, long overdue, journey home. I took a few pictures of his set up to share with you so here goes...
423679_387521047984259_747685552_n.jpg

This is PeeWee's home!
420778_387521354650895_959395803_n.jpg

He's got his water dish, worm dish, and salad bowl, also his spider stuffy!
541067_387521241317573_673813712_n.jpg

This is just another view of the inside, and the flooring.
534261_387510071318690_1919500526_n.jpg

That's Chloe wondering who's moving in over there?!
299300_387510151318682_1847427942_n.jpg

And another one of Chloe, the excited big sister!!
I can not wait until Tuesday morning. My boyfriend has off work and so does our good friend so he'll have a nice home welcoming. Frank and Sunny are down for brumation so it won't be so intimidating for him, Baby Chloe is a little sweet heart, all she does is wave at the other beardies. I have a hammock and a blanket I need to put in his cage tonight, just waiting for the the wash to get done.
So wish me good luck tomorrow, I should be home by early afternoon and the restless excitement and nerves will be in full force. I think I'm more nervous about PeeWee than I am the surgery. I'm definitely more concerned with making sure I get all his needs met than getting a good nights rest and all that stuff they make you do before surgery. Enjoy the pics and please join me in welcoming PeeWee home!

-Kaleen

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Good luck with the surgery tomorrow. May it be quick and easy. PeeWee will be so lucky to have this new home. I look forward to seeing photos of his arrival. Chloe looks amazing! She definitely has a look of knowing something is up. :lol:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wanted to wish you good luck with your surgery and a FAST recovery that PeeWee will help you with.

PeeWee will be coming by Fedex so that way you will be able to track him easier and we will too. :p This will take you right to their site: http://www.fedex.com/Tracking I did that when Barb sent Loki here which will be 2 wks tomorrow. :D

His setup looks awesome, he will be very happy in there. Love the background and the cute little stuffy waiting for him. Loki has a fuzzy gecko that he likes snuggling up to. Barb's babies are awesome and they settle in very quickly. Chloe is adorable and looks very healthy. Angie knew something was up too, they are VERY smart.

Again, good luck tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you, I really appreciate that. Chloe has come a long way since I got her, she used to be emaciated and wasn't eating, now she's almost 16in, and eats like a horse! As soon as we brought the cage in the house she knew someone new was coming to live with us. I let her take a quick peek around and she seemed to give it her big sister approval! So we are all set to go, just think, this time Tuesday night PeeWee will be resting comfortably in his home. :love5: :laughing6: :love5: :laughing6:

-Kaleen

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I also want to wish you a quick recovery from your surgery & it's so exciting that PeeWee is finally going to make his way to you! Chloe is so cute and curious, wonder how PeeWee will react to that giant beardie, but I'm sure he'll be fine, he's used to other beardies, being at Barbara's. Glad you got everything set up for him & I just love that spider stuffie, he'll have something to cuddle up with when he arrives. As Diane said, every one of Barb's babies are very socialized, eat really well and have been handled & loved constantly, so he'll get used to you quickly, I"m sure. So you've been hit with brumation, too. I hate and even though I've been through a few winters of it, I always dread it. I have 5 boys, Didi is already starting to sleep, Lonzo and Rubio are also getting sleepy earlier than usual, so it's coming.

I'll be checking on the tracking when I get home from work tomorrow night & I'll check Monday am, too. I think I'm an hour behind you, being in British Columbia, Canada same time zone as California. So should get good news before I go to work on Tuesday. This is just so exciting :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:
Deb

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Deb, I believe that she's in the greater Phoenix, AZ area (if I remember correctly) which means we don't change to daylight savings time like most of the rest of the country. So, what that means is during the summer time we are at the same time as California is. When it changes back, sometime in the next month or so we will be an hour earlier than California. We are on what's called Mountain Standard time. What happens is California will change back one hour but we will stay the same. I know it's confusing. Right now it's about 8:22pm

I'm so glad PeeWee is ready to go to his forever home. I'm also looking forward to watching him grow up through all the many pictures she will post (note to PeeWee's new mom: this is a requirement!)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I know what you mean, in Canada you're on Mountain time but you're like Saskatchewan, a province two over, they don't change either. So they're either one hour ahead or two hours ahead depending on winter or summer. I wish we didn't, but changing means we have more sun in the evening in the summer, but less in the winter.

I'm so looking forward to the tracking party & by Tuesday morning PeeWee will be in his forever home, getting used to his new family!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I remember living in Iowa (30+years ago) and they changed times. I didn't notice any difference about having light longer than when we lived in AZ and didn't move hours. I've never seen any reason to change time it seems like a waste and a problem to me.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I am so ready for posting pictures. On Tuesday I will have three cameras going, two taking pictures and one taking video! I am really good about documenting their growth, I'm not the best about fighting with photobucket. I'm always posting pictures of my babies on Facebook, but I know how important it is to post PeeWee's life on this site being one of Barbara's babies, so I will post some as often as I can! I've been wanting a short snout beardie for a long time, and Jeffrey(my boyfriend) has been wanting another leather back male, so we just can't wait. I'm really nervous for my surgery tomorrow morning, but the thought of PeeWee coming is helping me focus my mind elsewhere. I hope tomorrow goes super fast, and before I know it PeeWee is running around his house exploring. Beardies make my world go round! I'll post tomorrow when I'm feeling up to it, I'm sure it will be around 2 or 3pm. Ok I am going to try and lay down for a bit now, I highly doubt I'll be successful.

-Kaleen
PS I gave Sunny a bath today, I miss her snuggles so much...

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Morning Kaleen!
Hope all goes smoothly for you today hun.
HUGS!!!

I will be here for the tracking party afterall. :D (I was so worried that I was going to miss it)
I will be dropping PeeWee off at FedEx at about 4:20pm my time as 4:30pm is the deadline for dropping off overnight air packages. So that's when everyone can start tracking. I'm pretty confident that he will make it to you by 10:30am Tuesday morning. :wink:
What a lucky little dragon to have an arrival party awaiting. :)
An I think he's gonna love his new house and home. :love5:

Chloe is so cute! :)

My adults are all pretty much out already too... :(

Well off to stuff PeeWee so that I can get him all evacuated before his trip.

See everyone later! :)

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Kaleen I hope you are home by now and all is well.

That time is approaching us here...getting close to time to pack him up.
I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm attached to this little one and this is one of the hardest ones that I have had to get ready to go to their forever home. On the other hand I am so happy for him to be going to a loving home. I swear he knows something is up though.

Will be back once he has been dropped off. We leave in about an hour and a half in order to get him there before the deadline. He ate a lot today but he's pooped 3 times so hopefully he won't poop in his container before he's delivered.

BTW...I was glad to see the type of viv that you got for him as he is like his daddy in the way that he's an ESCAPE artist. :wink:

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Good afternoon everyone!!!
My surgery went well, and I've been home resting for a few hours. I am finally awake enough to open my eyes and start getting ready to track Mr. PeeWee! Looks like I woke up at the perfect time too! Aww Barbara, I promise I will take such good care of PeeWee and give him everything he needs and spoil the heck out of his cute litte short snout! I will post pics of him daily so you won't miss a thing. He's an escape artist huh?! Well someone is always home so I don't think he'll get too far, besides this cage has locked doors. Chloe totally knows something is up too, she's been pacing since I woke up. They really are intuitive little creatures aren't they! So we are all ready to go on our end, see you soon PeeWee!!!!!! Thank you again Barbara, I'll be tracking at 4:30pm sharp! Hopefully everyone joins us in tracking his short journey and welcoming him home!

-Kaleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom