Re: Frank and Sunny! HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY SUNNY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Dooter":7c09c7d2 said:
Yes, you MUST post pics of Walter! He's so cute! I like the way he lays with his arms laid out behind him and his back legs and butt up, LOL - like when he crawled under the pillow for a snooze.

That's so funny that Frank doesn't head-bob at Walter - he's a smart little dragon and knows when to keep his mouth shut, LOL!!!! :laughing6: I love Frank, he's a hot mess. :mrgreen:

I'm so glad you decided to keep a roach colony! They are so simple to keep. Where did you order them from?
Yup Frank knows not to mess with Walter, he won't even look at him! He's such a hot mess, but he's showing signs of calming down the raging hormones! I need to sit down and do a photobucket day, I have way too many pictures to post of all the babies. I'm tired just thinking about it. Hahaha We call that pillow the baby sitter! hahahaha We can just let him roam in the bedroom because he always ends up under the pillow after he's done exploring. He's kind of learning his name too. Oh this is interesting, Walter doesn't like when I talk to him in that voice we use when talking to our babies, he gets scared and backs away from me. As long as I talk to him in my normal voice he is content. Jeffrey thinks maybe the previous owner sounded like that, and since he was most definitely abused he's making that connection. I'm super glad we got the roach colony too, best thing ever! We got them from our friend who works at Wild Side Pets. He doesn't sell em out of the store, it's his own supply. If it gets to be too much he'll sell starter colony's for $30-$45 depending on what you want. If you need some or whatever let me know I'll call him and hook you up!

-Kaleen

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Actually.... YES I'm definitely interested in purchasing some roaches from your guy! Stan is back to eating 75-100 roaches a day again, and my breeding colony that I'm trying to start is just not starting fast enough. :p

So if I can get a decent count of roaches LOCALLY, that would be beyond awesome! Dealing with USPS with the roaches when ordering online is seriously starting to make me a little stabby lately - they are SO INCOMPETENT! :banghead:

Poor little Walter! Unbelivable - I can't believe he's scared of the "baby voice"! I wonder if he was around kids that tormented him. :cry: It makes me so sad, because Walter is such a sweetie. At least you and Jeffery were able to figure that out pretty quickly - that he doesn't like the baby voice. And HE'S still a baby, so with good parents like you guys, I think he'll come around pretty quickly.

I literally LOL'd at your comment about the pillow being "the babysitter". :laughhard:

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Dooter":1nfpztpc said:
Actually.... YES I'm definitely interested in purchasing some roaches from your guy! Stan is back to eating 75-100 roaches a day again, and my breeding colony that I'm trying to start is just not starting fast enough. :p

So if I can get a decent count of roaches LOCALLY, that would be beyond awesome! Dealing with USPS with the roaches when ordering online is seriously starting to make me a little stabby lately - they are SO INCOMPETENT! :banghead:

Poor little Walter! Unbelivable - I can't believe he's scared of the "baby voice"! I wonder if he was around kids that tormented him. :cry: It makes me so sad, because Walter is such a sweetie. At least you and Jeffery were able to figure that out pretty quickly - that he doesn't like the baby voice. And HE'S still a baby, so with good parents like you guys, I think he'll come around pretty quickly.

I literally LOL'd at your comment about the pillow being "the babysitter". :laughhard:
I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It's been chaos in this house, and on top of it I haven't been feeling good at all. I am going to talk to my friend about the roaches tomorrow for you. I'll let you know what he says or if he has any more available. I hope Stanley is doing great and feeling better. I'll talk to you soon!

-Kaleen

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling good - I was thinking about you this weekend and wondering about you. If you get around to talking to your guy about the roaches, that would be cool - but seriously - don't sweat it. You get your rest most importantly!

I really mean this - if there's anything I can give you and Jeffery a hand with, please do NOT hesitate to give me a call or text! I'll be there, no questions asked.

*hugs*

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
We have a baby monitor, too. My husband is trying to tame him and go through all of the trust forming. It's a lot of work and takes a lot of patience. Too bad your monitor was abused or mistreated. :( They are such beautiful creatures.

Hope you are starting to feel better. :D

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ShannyBeard":1nmbzceg said:
We have a baby monitor, too. My husband is trying to tame him and go through all of the trust forming. It's a lot of work and takes a lot of patience. Too bad your monitor was abused or mistreated. :( They are such beautiful creatures.

Hope you are starting to feel better. :D
Oooooh how exciting!!! When did you get your monitor, and what type is he? They are beautiful creatures and I just don't understand how anyone could abuse any living thing. We are very lucky in that Walter recognizes that we love him and will never hurt him the way his previous owners did. I can't understand why they hurt him and why they gave him up, he's soooo sweet, gentle, and puppy dog tame. All he wants to do is snuggle with you, there's not an aggressive bone in his body. He's already doubled in size and it's apparent he's going to be huge, but he's going to be a gentle giant that's for sure!

-Kaleen

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Dooter":380fx18b said:
I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling good - I was thinking about you this weekend and wondering about you. If you get around to talking to your guy about the roaches, that would be cool - but seriously - don't sweat it. You get your rest most importantly!

I really mean this - if there's anything I can give you and Jeffery a hand with, please do NOT hesitate to give me a call or text! I'll be there, no questions asked.

*hugs*
Thank you so much Michelle! That's so sweet of you. I still haven't talked to Jason about the roaches as I've literally been at home in bed sick. This bout is kicking my butt. I'm sure I'll be feeling better next week and I'll make a trip to the pet shop to see him. Jeffrey is really good at taking care of things when I'm sick, but I'll let him know you offer to help. Thank you, really that's just awesome of you.

-Kaleen

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
We have a savannah monitor named Jambo. We got Jambo when he was about 3 weeks old and he was maybe 7" - I keep really good records on my beardies, but I don't take care of Jambo, so I don't know exactly. He was very docile in the tank at the reptile shop, and we later learned those are usually the most timid and afraid. Hubby has been patient and taking his time with him, and Jambo is finally coming out of his hide more when we are in the room. We got him from the same shop that gave us Papa Smurf, and where we got Chief and our BTS, Bazinga.

Agreed, they are truly beautiful and quite graceful for a dinosaur lizard. :wink: I love their faces and the way they eat. Jambo loves his mice, but the crickets are breeding in his viv, so evidently he isn't eating them as fast as we are feeding them. LOL

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Aww Jambo sounds cute! Walter really loves dubia roaches, you should try those out and see how he does with them. We also gave Walter a baby quail as a treat one day and he loved that too! He's only getting those as treats every once in a while. We don't feed him in his cage, it's better to feed them outside their cage in the same spot this way they don't start to confuse you with food everytime you put your hands in the cage. Walter has a green bowl in the kitchen that he's fed out of. After his bath he climbs out of his towel and heads to the kitchen and waits at his green bowl for his food! They are so smart I can't believe it!

-Kaleen

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
FranktheTank":xz7tt7xo said:
Aww Jambo sounds cute! Walter really loves dubia roaches, you should try those out and see how he does with them. We also gave Walter a baby quail as a treat one day and he loved that too! He's only getting those as treats every once in a while. We don't feed him in his cage, it's better to feed them outside their cage in the same spot this way they don't start to confuse you with food everytime you put your hands in the cage. Walter has a green bowl in the kitchen that he's fed out of. After his bath he climbs out of his towel and heads to the kitchen and waits at his green bowl for his food! They are so smart I can't believe it!

-Kaleen

Thanks for the tips about feeding. Otto feeds him with tongs and then pets him after each mouse. He is still a little shy guy. He's about a foot long and 250 grams now. Baby quail??? That's interesting! Feathers and all...? How old was the baby quail? :shock: We saw day old frozen chicks at ReptiCon but by the time we went to buy them they were sold out. :? I want to raise mice to feed him...which is ironic because ever since I was 5 years old I have collected little glass mice. It's something my Grandma started. She would die and pass out and flip her lid if she knew I fed baby mice to a monitor. LOL Well, I don't feed them, and I don't like the idea, and that is why Jambo is a Daddy's boy. LOL

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ShannyBeard":ojgp0sgc said:
FranktheTank":ojgp0sgc said:

-Kaleen

Thanks for the tips about feeding. Otto feeds him with tongs and then pets him after each mouse. He is still a little shy guy. He's about a foot long and 250 grams now. Baby quail??? That's interesting! Feathers and all...? How old was the baby quail? :shock: We saw day old frozen chicks at ReptiCon but by the time we went to buy them they were sold out. :? I want to raise mice to feed him...which is ironic because ever since I was 5 years old I have collected little glass mice. It's something my Grandma started. She would die and pass out and flip her lid if she knew I fed baby mice to a monitor. LOL Well, I don't feed them, and I don't like the idea, and that is why Jambo is a Daddy's boy. LOL
Yeah the baby quail were day old frozen, and he ate the feathers and all! I'm the same way I don't feed him because it's weird even if they are frozen. We were told it's best not to feed anything live, it reduces aggression and their natural instinct to go after other live reptiles in the house! I read a lot of research about the savannahs, all monitors are different so there's so much miss information out there and people don't take the time to research properly. It's the same with beardies and other lizards. I see some peoples videos and the way they treat their monitors and it breaks my heart. Oh man today Walter decided to burrow deep down inside the couch!!! We had to cut open the bottom and back of the couch to get him out. He just decided to take a snooze in there and refused to come out. I don't even know how the heck he fit in there in the first place?! Usually when he's on the couch with me he burrows behind my back and under my butt, basically like I'm sitting on him and he sleeps there for a long time! I thought he was just burrowing behind me as usual but when I got up to look he was gone inside the couch! He was kinda grumpy when we removed him from his cozy spot in the couch, so he decided to poop on the carpet and run away!! hahaha he's so stinking cute I can't stay mad at him!

-Kaleen

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
SUNNY IS ONE YEAR OLD TODAY!!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:
I am so proud, she's still my baby girl and always will be. I couldn't ask for a better first birthday for her, she's healthy, happy, and full of love and life. I wanted to post some pictures of the happy birthday princess but she's going through a nasty shed, so as soon as it's over I will post her birthday photo shoot for you all. She's gotten so much bigger, I didn't think it was possible but she proved me wrong.
Frank is doing well too and happens to be going through a full body shed as well. I really need to do a giant photo update, as soon as their shedding is over I will post some oldies and some brand new pics. To celebrate Sunny's birthday we let her have all her favorite berries, lots of roam time today, and I'm probably going to let her sleep in the big girl bed with Mommy and Daddy tonight. She'll be so happy I can't wait to feel her snuggles :love5:

-Kaleen

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Happy Birthday, Sunny!!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

So she's even BIGGER now? I can't believe it! She's such a little butterball! :love5:

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
You would die if you saw her now, she's probably doubled in size since the last time you saw her! I'm not kidding, this will be her second full body shed since then. Her tail is soooo fat and thick, and for whatever reason she's moving around more now. Not just laying on her hammock all day. I cut back on the number of super worms she gets a day and then she had two growth spurts?! :shock: She's my jabba the hut!

-Kaleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom