Re: Batman, Flash, Vraska, family! More faves from Disney!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We brought Batman home when he was just two weeks old and today he is 10 weeks old and 10.5 inches! His tail started to shed again today...I think he's going to be a big guy :)

First night home: Keegan (my 3 year old human) and Batman!

FD7942F9-4FCE-4564-A6FC-7B06B3EBC35F-276-00000015A2B9AD58.jpg

Just 2 weeks old!

ED1B1D26-FB54-426F-94BE-B7BD6A16B38E-276-00000015AB592AAA.jpg

He did this a lot at first. A little wave :)

E001ADB4-C399-4BF5-A3EB-BA621E70EDB6-276-00000015A72AC92E.jpg

First full shed!

8DE61CAB-6902-4521-A2BE-6FB249CDCAB2-4985-000004C0C8198E0B.jpg

Hanging out with daddy!

null-23.jpg

Meeting Hailey (my 9 year old human) ;)

null-42.jpg

He's just not a morning dragon...

null-55.jpg

He's becoming such a big boy!

null-52.jpg

Well...there's our little buddy! We're so proud of him!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I so agree, Kristine, even though I have so many, I love to interact with them all & beardie snuggles are just the best. I can't explain it either :D

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
It's so weird...I have friends who own bearded dragons. They however, have never seen this site, have no interest in it whatsoever, and think I'm "crazy" because of the way I care for my reptiles. Yes, my "caring" as far as handling and such goes is VERY much focused on Batman. I can't say why and I refuse to call anyone my "favorite" as it doesn't feel right. There's just something there.

Anyway...my POINT here is: these fellow bearded dragon (don't dare call it a beardie type people) treat their dragons as if they are to be "watched" or "looked at" as apposed to interacting, playing, snuggling. They're missing out on SO much and what's worse is...those babies. :( The babies miss out, too. No one will ever convince me that my boy is not FULLY content and happy falling asleep on my chest snuggled in his blanky...I feel him adjusting himself and watch those sexy legs come out as he drifts off. Yup, my bearded dragon has a pillow, a hammock, a blanket. Those other owners call me crazy...but HERE I'm completely normal ;)

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Did they make a comment on Facebook about the picture of Batman cuddled up in his blanket?

My babies aren't spoiled enough!

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
YUP. That would be the ONE. She does it to me ALL the time...luckily we work in separate offices. How sad is it that I got Batman FROM her? Mmmhmmmm.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Nope. I run my own office. She's in the general office an hour away :) She works with 60 of "me" and I'm the only "me" at my office ;)

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
My sentiments, exactly. It's so sad, too. I took Batman in...thinking that's what you did. You watched. Then I found this place...and it changed my life! Seriously!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
-I have always been in awe over reptiles. I don't understand not wanting to interact with them either. We get to hold, cuddle, and truly love tiny "dinosaurs"
-I parted with Myah because she wasn't getting the attention she deserved and now I marvel at how Mylo interacts with me. This tiny creature pawing at my lips and poking his nose into my ear.
-We must look quite fierce. Forward facing "predator" eyes and massive size. Still, our reptile babes seem to understand that we are there to care for them. Anyone who says a reptile has the most basic of brains, has never owned one, or never truly enjoyed them. :wink:
-You're very normal here, which is really quite extraordinary compard to the world outside of here :D

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Morphmom, you just put it all into words so perfectly. So spot on. Imagine what THEY think when they first come into OUR world!

Even though it goes against popular belief...I'm 100% with you on a reptile having the most basic of brains. I don't care and I'll argue it until I die...my Batman knows me and we understand each other. Vraska and Flash BOTH look at Jeremy differently than myself or the children. It's so painfully obvious (as I'd love for them to look at me that way) but Jeremy cares for them and he treats them with such love and kindness and he's so very gentle and is SO willing to work with each of them in their own way according to their own specific needs. Though they're both TFS's, they're different in their needs and expectations.

Batman (though I will NEVER refer to any babies as a favorite) is just different for me. I've stayed up nights and days and weekends praying and holding him to check his breathing thinking I was about to lose him. There's just a "different" connection with him. Until you've lost or come close to losing someone, something, ANY pet, I don't think we can even understand the love we have for and share with them.

Even when Flash escaped, called Liz in HYSTERICS unable to breath. Taking Vraska in and seeing her "look for me" or "wait for me" each evening...they're so much more than people know and it's terribly sad.

You said it best in that post.

(Side note): Please tell me there is an easier way to delete PMs from my inbox rather than one by one. PLEASE?

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Too lazy to edit...insomnia is kicking my butt. I figured out the mail thing. As a matter of fact it was so easy...it's almost as if I had to TRY to make it difficult.

Wow.

Edited to add:
For my own sanity and confusion...Batman turned 6 months on September 19, 2013. This is for my personal reference as I've always counted his age in weeks and have had his hatch date of by 2 days. It was March 19, 2013. NOT the 21st.

My notebooks have become useless. I will take the most important info from the original notebook, transfer it, and start fresh. Complete and detailed.

Keeping track of weights, lengths, ages, hatch dates...at least if I post myself a reminder HERE I'm more likely to see it and feel that it is clearly more accurate.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Would it be easier to make a spreadsheet, or would that not accommodate note-taking? No, I guess not. Maybe the notebook is better. I posted instead of just erasing, just to say "Hi!"

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Oh, thanks dear. So busy here. Sometimes I don't get home until 6. Then Justin has to read Frankenstein for a project at school, which means we read together every night. I'm not even bringing much work home and am still having trouble keeping up. I still keep a good eye on everyone here, but I just don't post much like I did in the summer. I agree that there's a special bond that forms when you nurse an animal back to health. You and Batman fought together for his recovery and will always be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom